Ferrari Fan + Homeowner = Geek - Ferrari Life
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 Old 05-07-2004, 05:46 AM Thread Starter
Owner
Elite Member
 
Pete04222's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: USA & Singapore
Ferrari Life Posts: 5,509
Ferrari Fan + Homeowner = Geek

Yesterday I was getting all my yard equipment ready for the season. I did all the required prep on my Toro lawn tractor and bought a new set of cutting blades for it.

Well it seems that the tractor is the same color as my Ferrari......and I had this extra SF Shield sticker laying around so...........I put a Ferrari Prancing Horse on my Toro Wheel Horse.

So you may like it, or you may hate it. Either way, the bottom line is......I'm a geek.

Here's some pics of me and my "Lawn Ferrari" :nuts: :nuts:
Attached Images
       

Capt. Pete
'79 308 GTS, '82 Jeep CJ7 Jamboree
"Time is what prevents everything from happening all at once."
Pete04222 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 22 Old 05-07-2004, 06:24 AM
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Sanford, North Carolina
Ferrari Life Posts: 776
I wouldn't call you a geek...just an eccentric. :wink:

But hey...now when they have a "Course De Elegance" they have a proper mower!

Do you think God stays in Heaven because she is afraid of what she sees down here?

Owner and Operator of a 2000 Jeep Wrangler. A few mods here and there... but just you wait and see what I have in store for her...
360 Spyder is offline  
post #3 of 22 Old 05-07-2004, 06:47 AM Thread Starter
Owner
Elite Member
 
Pete04222's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: USA & Singapore
Ferrari Life Posts: 5,509
Quote:
Originally Posted by 360 Spyder
I wouldn't call you a geek...just an eccentric. :wink:

But hey...now when they have a "Course De Elegance" they have a proper mower!
Maybe when I grow up I'll be that crazy old man who mows the infield at the local track.

I like mowing the lawn. Some see it as a chore, I see it as a stress reliever. I've always thought that the guy who mows the median on the highway must have the most stress-free job in the world. You climb on your tractor in the morning with your sunscreen and your bag lunch and the only thing you have to remember is to turn around in 4 hours.

Capt. Pete
'79 308 GTS, '82 Jeep CJ7 Jamboree
"Time is what prevents everything from happening all at once."
Pete04222 is offline  
 
post #4 of 22 Old 05-07-2004, 07:33 AM
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Almelo, The Netherlands
Ferrari Life Posts: 2,211
yeah, it is not the best job in the world, but it is stress free
Dr. Bob is offline  
post #5 of 22 Old 05-07-2004, 01:57 PM
Administrator
Elite Member
 
Andrew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: San Francisco
Ferrari Life Posts: 6,320
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Bob
yeah, it is not the best job in the world, but it is stress free
If that is your thing and you are happy with it, it is the best job.

Pete,

I love the shield on the mower, awesome. I also can relate to your feeling of cutting grass, but I prefer the 48inch walk behind mowers. Attach a little wheel to stand on and you'll knock out that stuff in no time.
Andrew is offline  
post #6 of 22 Old 05-07-2004, 03:05 PM
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Cambridgeshire, England
Ferrari Life Posts: 770
Hilarious!! Pete - you're a comedy genius!!
Bazil is offline  
post #7 of 22 Old 05-07-2004, 06:50 PM Thread Starter
Owner
Elite Member
 
Pete04222's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: USA & Singapore
Ferrari Life Posts: 5,509
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enzo250GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Bob
yeah, it is not the best job in the world, but it is stress free
If that is your thing and you are happy with it, it is the best job.

Pete,

I love the shield on the mower, awesome. I also can relate to your feeling of cutting grass, but I prefer the 48inch walk behind mowers. Attach a little wheel to stand on and you'll knock out that stuff in no time.
It is my thing and I would be happy with that job. Right now I can't afford it. I either want to be the guy who mows the highway or the "Greeter" at WalMart. You know, the old guy who welcomes you to WalMart and asks you if you need a cart or if you have seen this week's flyer? That's me man!!

And how can you relate to my feeling of cutting grass? Andrew, you have been living in Tokyo!!!! When was the last time you have even seen a lawn? You just dream of cutting grass. I, my friend, am out there doing it!!
:green: :green: :green:

Capt. Pete
'79 308 GTS, '82 Jeep CJ7 Jamboree
"Time is what prevents everything from happening all at once."
Pete04222 is offline  
post #8 of 22 Old 05-07-2004, 06:56 PM
Administrator
Elite Member
 
Andrew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: San Francisco
Ferrari Life Posts: 6,320
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete04222
And how can you relate to my feeling of cutting grass? Andrew, you have been living in Tokyo!!!! When was the last time you have even seen a lawn? You just dream of cutting grass. I, my friend, am out there doing it!!
:green: :green: :green:

Memories of the days when I lived at my parents and this was my summer job. Your riding mower is awesome, but I'd take my Ransom's Bobcat anyday of the week over it. It had a huge Kawasaki engine on it and it moved!

I actually wanted to take that engine and put it on a go-cart. That would have been very very fast, mean and dangerous.
Andrew is offline  
post #9 of 22 Old 05-07-2004, 10:08 PM
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Newark,California (East Bay Area)
Ferrari Life Posts: 101
it does't make you a geek. it looks tight
like that

Owner of A Ferrari & Fan of Ferrari
toco004 is offline  
post #10 of 22 Old 05-08-2004, 03:33 PM
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Ferrari Life Posts: 895
Nah, Pete, that's not geeky. Yeah, I think the mower looks good.
Rosso is offline  
post #11 of 22 Old 07-22-2010, 08:58 PM Thread Starter
Owner
Elite Member
 
Pete04222's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: USA & Singapore
Ferrari Life Posts: 5,509
Update on the Lawn Ferrari - She wasn't cutting very good. I got a pair of new blades to the tune of $50. Side discharge blades instead of the mulching blades I had on it. Man were those old blades toast! These new blades cut real good but I noticed the mower deck slowing down in the thicker parts of the lawn. Not good, very irritating. Checked it out and the belt was loose and yet at maximum adjustment. Hmm. The belt is obviously stretched after so many years but it still looks in fine shape and I can't get another one "now". What can I get right now to fix this? I know! I went to the local hardware store and dug through their box of springs and got a shorter spring for the belt tensioner pulley. $2.79 and a little modification and the Lawn Ferrari is once again a mowing machine tearing up the landscape! Works great!

(I did save the original spring in case a future owner wants to restore this baby to "stock") LOL

BTW - during my modification procedure I did experience an inadvertent transfer of thermal energy from the lawn mower to my thumb. Touched something I shouldn't have and as soon as I did I was like, "Yup, that's going to hurt." Got a nice little swelled up blister going on now.

Capt. Pete
'79 308 GTS, '82 Jeep CJ7 Jamboree
"Time is what prevents everything from happening all at once."

Last edited by Pete04222; 07-22-2010 at 09:25 PM.
Pete04222 is offline  
post #12 of 22 Old 07-22-2010, 11:32 PM
Owner
 
Night Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Regina, Canada
Ferrari Life Posts: 2,112
Garage
PETE I LUV IT

I did a similar thing but to my Mothers little scooter lol she doesn't even know about it or never noticed but it has two large Ferrari decals on front and back

Night life........ain't a good life........but it's my life -- Willy Nelson
Night Life is offline  
post #13 of 22 Old 07-23-2010, 12:53 AM
Owner
 
Italian Lover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Far end of the P pond
Ferrari Life Posts: 6,738
Very nice, Pete. You do look quite serious there at your "hobby". Nice front and back yard lawn, by the way. I know because I used to live for a while in western Mass. myself. w/ smiles Jimmy
Italian Lover is offline  
post #14 of 22 Old 07-23-2010, 04:16 AM
Owner
 
jagguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Ferrari Life Posts: 47
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete04222 View Post
Update on the Lawn Ferrari - She wasn't cutting very good. I got a pair of new blades to the tune of $50. Side discharge blades instead of the mulching blades I had on it. Man were those old blades toast! These new blades cut real good but I noticed the mower deck slowing down in the thicker parts of the lawn. Not good, very irritating. Checked it out and the belt was loose and yet at maximum adjustment. Hmm. The belt is obviously stretched after so many years but it still looks in fine shape and I can't get another one "now". What can I get right now to fix this? I know! I went to the local hardware store and dug through their box of springs and got a shorter spring for the belt tensioner pulley. $2.79 and a little modification and the Lawn Ferrari is once again a mowing machine tearing up the landscape! Works great!

(I did save the original spring in case a future owner wants to restore this baby to "stock") LOL

BTW - during my modification procedure I did experience an inadvertent transfer of thermal energy from the lawn mower to my thumb. Touched something I shouldn't have and as soon as I did I was like, "Yup, that's going to hurt." Got a nice little swelled up blister going on now.
Sounds like it's time for a 15,000 major . The belt change is critical so you'd better get it taken care of. Make sure you replace the tensioner bearing. By the way does anyone know the cost of a major service on the Toroferrari. LOL
jagguy is offline  
post #15 of 22 Old 07-23-2010, 05:33 AM Thread Starter
Owner
Elite Member
 
Pete04222's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: USA & Singapore
Ferrari Life Posts: 5,509
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Chen Shiba DDS View Post
Very nice, Pete. You do look quite serious there at your "hobby". Nice front and back yard lawn, by the way. I know because I used to live for a while in western Mass. myself. w/ smiles Jimmy
Jimmy, Those pictures were taken at my old house 6 years ago. This is a pic of my new house, taken yesterday after the attack of the Lawn Ferrari.
Attached Images
 

Capt. Pete
'79 308 GTS, '82 Jeep CJ7 Jamboree
"Time is what prevents everything from happening all at once."
Pete04222 is offline  
post #16 of 22 Old 07-23-2010, 12:44 PM
Owner
 
Italian Lover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Far end of the P pond
Ferrari Life Posts: 6,738
That is one, impressive house, Pete. Sure you are proud of it. Wasn't aware of this new house. w/ smiles Jimmy
Italian Lover is offline  
post #17 of 22 Old 07-23-2010, 03:46 PM
Owner
 
Granucci's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: far and away
Ferrari Life Posts: 6,193
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete04222 View Post
Jimmy, Those pictures were taken at my old house 6 years ago. This is a pic of my new house, taken yesterday after the attack of the Lawn Ferrari.
Nice house, but the American flag goes on other side.
Quote:
Place the flag on the speakers' right of the podium (the audience's left) when displaying the U.S. flag in an auditorium or church.
Read more: How to Properly Display an American Flag | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how_994_properly...#ixzz0uYK8IMQT
Shouldn't your tractor be a Lambo? I mean he made tractors and it is called a Toro/Bull
Attached Images
 

Guide to the Galaxy: Don't Panic
Rik -- LAH !


Current:
Past:
1990 Mondial T Cabriolet SN 86247 : Red/Tan
1995 456 GT 2+2 SN 99987 : Roso Metalizzato [Fer 311/C] & Tan
Granucci is offline  
post #18 of 22 Old 07-23-2010, 04:01 PM
Owner
 
Saint Bastage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Essex Connecticut
Ferrari Life Posts: 1,839
Its not an auditorium...when Pete aurates from his front porch, nobody listens and Heaven know that the stuff happening in THAT house prevents it from being a church.



(But point taken)

Lane

Previous owner of 348ts SS #64, Now Ferrariless
Saint Bastage is offline  
post #19 of 22 Old 07-23-2010, 04:13 PM Thread Starter
Owner
Elite Member
 
Pete04222's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: USA & Singapore
Ferrari Life Posts: 5,509
Quote:
Originally Posted by Granucci View Post
Nice house, but the American flag goes on other side.
Rik, I am aware that proper flag etiquette dictates the American flag should go on the left and the Singapore flag should go on the right. The reason I put the US flag on the right was so that when you come up the walk the US flag is the first one you see. If my walk was straight up the middle the US flag would be on the left. Good catch! But now you see there was a method to my madness. I did put a little thought into which side it should go on.

Do you think I should switch them? I'm serious. It would look proper from the front but coming up the walk you'd see the Singapore flag first. As much as I love Singapore and I'm proud to display her flag, I'll always be an American first and I don't want to duck under her flag to see my stars and stripes.

What do you think? Was I correct to put the USA flag on the right in this circumstance?

Capt. Pete
'79 308 GTS, '82 Jeep CJ7 Jamboree
"Time is what prevents everything from happening all at once."

Last edited by Pete04222; 07-23-2010 at 05:27 PM.
Pete04222 is offline  
post #20 of 22 Old 07-23-2010, 04:20 PM Thread Starter
Owner
Elite Member
 
Pete04222's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: USA & Singapore
Ferrari Life Posts: 5,509
Quote:
Originally Posted by Granucci View Post
Shouldn't your tractor be a Lambo? I mean he made tractors and it is called a Toro/Bull
Ironic isn't it? The tractor guy made sportscars to piss off Enzo and now I'm putting Enzo's stickers on tractors.

Capt. Pete
'79 308 GTS, '82 Jeep CJ7 Jamboree
"Time is what prevents everything from happening all at once."
Pete04222 is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome
Copyright 2012 ONE Media, Inc.
FerrariLife is independently run with no affiliation with Ferrari SpA
Ferrari for Sale | Maserati for Sale