Any Computer Gamers? - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 Old 05-05-2004, 07:10 AM Thread Starter
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 5,509
Any Computer Gamers?

What games do you play?

Right now I have been playing Dungeon Siege by Microsoft. Really cool adventure game if you like swordplay, archery and controlling multiple characters. Awesome graphics and a huge world to explore.

Capt. Pete
'79 308 GTS, '82 Jeep CJ7 Jamboree
"Time is what prevents everything from happening all at once."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 Old 05-05-2004, 07:15 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,211
Grand Prix Legends sometimes
post #3 of 26 Old 05-05-2004, 08:52 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 5,082
i love to play games, but usually don't have enough time for it
recently i started playing C&C Generals again, and i'm WAITING on GT4 for my PSII

post #4 of 26 Old 05-05-2004, 11:10 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 770
I'm afraid it's Freecell for me - I'm just not into gaming - too much bloody work to do for that!!!
post #5 of 26 Old 05-05-2004, 01:38 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 101
I been Counter Strike alot. i want GTA San Andreas

Owner of A Ferrari & Fan of Ferrari
post #6 of 26 Old 05-05-2004, 02:40 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 42
I play like TOCA, Nascar, and guys check out this game http://www.bhmotorsports.com/GTR gonna be released in June the graphics and the souds are amazing have a demo to download there. The game cars include 575GTC 550Gt and 360. Is the Fia Gt champioship I can't wait anymore for this game, check it out.
post #7 of 26 Old 05-05-2004, 03:18 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 749
Current fav at our house is C&C Generals multiplay (mainly the teen boys) although I prefer flight sims. GT3 or NfS Underground on PS2 (badly need a good wheel!).

I have recently put the "original" Colossal Cave Adventure on my laptop, for those who may remember it from the 70's (a true classic).
post #8 of 26 Old 05-05-2004, 08:26 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,696
I play the NovaLogic series Delta Force. I also do some of the Tom Clancy's stuff.

Bonzi and die NooB.

My tag is Male Mule.

:wink:

12 cylinders or walk
post #9 of 26 Old 05-05-2004, 11:07 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,211
Nobody else Grand Prix Legends? That is like one of the most realistic and hard to play racing games. And it is some years old. There is nothing better than racing f1 cars from 1967.
post #10 of 26 Old 05-06-2004, 12:08 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 5,082
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Bob
Nobody else Grand Prix Legends? That is like one of the most realistic and hard to play racing games. And it is some years old. There is nothing better than racing f1 cars from 1967.
i have it,

somewhere

haven't played that in a LONG time, but it's an awesome game and very HARD
post #11 of 26 Old 05-06-2004, 02:23 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 67
No games to play, i drive a Ferrari!!!!
Ther are no games than driving this legend..............

Eddy
post #12 of 26 Old 05-06-2004, 04:54 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 244
Counterstrike 1.6, modded GTA VC (got 100% ), NFS Porsche & Hot Pursuit II (got underground, but haven't played it yet, waiting for my steeringwheel) , Simpsons Hit & Run. That are the games I'm currently playing.

I'm waiting for my steeringwheel, ordered it 1.5 month ago and it's still not here

And I'm looking for 355 & 360 challenge, anyone knows a place where to download?

It's an instant classic. It's an iron fist in a velvet glove. It's a Ferrari.
post #13 of 26 Old 05-06-2004, 05:05 AM Thread Starter
Owner
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by basman
Counterstrike 1.6, modded GTA VC (got 100% ), NFS Porsche & Hot Pursuit II (got underground, but haven't played it yet, waiting for my steeringwheel) , Simpsons Hit & Run. That are the games I'm currently playing.

I'm waiting for my steeringwheel, ordered it 1.5 month ago and it's still not here
I've got NFS Porsche Unleased and it is a real good driving game. You are going to love it with a steering wheel and pedals!

Capt. Pete
post #14 of 26 Old 05-06-2004, 05:38 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 613
No time to play anymore... ...When free, I'm working on my sites.
But I usualy play C&C Generals, Need For Speed HP2, Carmageddon TDR, one of the old 8-bit Nintendo games I got (on a emilator).

oh yes, I also have a flying game, it's specialy made to imrove Radio Controlled flying skills (I do not seem to have them!).
post #15 of 26 Old 05-06-2004, 06:42 AM Thread Starter
Owner
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcos
oh yes, I also have a flying game, it's specialy made to imrove Radio Controlled flying skills (I do not seem to have them!).
Marcos,
My buddy Rick has some RC aircraft and he also has that RC Flight simulator you are talking about. Uses the same RC controller as the genuine aircraft. I tried it. I can take off and fly around but my landings are a bit "rough".

I've done RC cars and boats but have never flown an actual RC airplane. I would like to give it a try sometime. I've got a scratchbuilt WW2-era FW-190 fighter that I would like to get running someday. The thing has got like a 1.5 meter wingspan and I guess with the right engine and prop will do over 100 mph. Rick says I need to practice with a cheap trainer aircraft before I attempt to fly the FW-190. I'll try and post a pic of it.

Capt. Pete
post #16 of 26 Old 05-06-2004, 07:17 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 244
Yes, Porsche Unleased is very cool with a steering wheel. I played the game once at a friend's house with a steeringwheel+pedals, a beamer and 5.1 dolby that was so cool. So I've ordered the steering wheel and the dolby surround system , but the beamer is way to expensive for me (and don't have the space for it) , but I do got a new 17" flatscreen :green: . So when everything is in place I'm gonna have a pretty cool racing system :P

Wow that's one big airplane ! My brother had a RC airplane about a year ago, not such a big one, but he had one; the second day he had it he went flying with it, after about 20 min he got back home: the plane was gone. He wasn;t looking where he was flying and the plane went out of sight behind some trees, he steered up, but didn't see the plane, it was gone. We went searching for the plane, we searched the whole parc, but never found it back. :-?

It's an instant classic. It's an iron fist in a velvet glove. It's a Ferrari.
post #17 of 26 Old 05-06-2004, 11:38 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 613
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete04222
My buddy Rick has some RC aircraft and he also has that RC Flight simulator you are talking about. Uses the same RC controller as the genuine aircraft. I tried it. I can take off and fly around but my landings are a bit "rough".

I've done RC cars and boats but have never flown an actual RC airplane. I would like to give it a try sometime. I've got a scratchbuilt WW2-era FW-190 fighter that I would like to get running someday. The thing has got like a 1.5 meter wingspan and I guess with the right engine and prop will do over 100 mph. Rick says I need to practice with a cheap trainer aircraft before I attempt to fly the FW-190. I'll try and post a pic of it.
Never flown a actual plane to, I started with the program (also with controller) because I didn't want an expensive crash. I hope to go and buy my first plane within the next year or two (very expensive ). But I have to decide to buy a plane or a chopper. I like both.

Still do RC-cars, I drive 2,5cc 4wd 360 scale 1:10. It was tuned up untill about 120 km/h (that's what the salesman promised me), but after a bad crash last summer I reduced the speed until aprox. 80 km/h. I also use a 1:10 scale electro Benz for stuntdriving and friends.

And then there are my boats, I sold most of them a few years ago ( :-? ), but I currently have 3 new under construction.

And I love to see a pic of that FW-190 :wink:
post #18 of 26 Old 05-06-2004, 04:42 PM Thread Starter
Owner
Elite Member

Quote:
But I have to decide to buy a plane or a chopper. I like both.
The Choppers are cool but they are very expensive and I have heard that when you crash one there is not much left. Truly a choice for the more experienced RC enthusiast.

Capt. Pete
post #19 of 26 Old 05-06-2004, 05:30 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 41
Quote:

Never flown a actual plane to, I started with the program (also with controller) because I didn't want an expensive crash. I hope to go and buy my first plane within the next year or two (very expensive ). But I have to decide to buy a plane or a chopper. I like both.
Marcos

I would reccomend using the flight sim until you can consistenly fly for @ 20 mins in 1 flight without losing control or crashing and then land safely. this about 1 1/2 times that a tank of fuel should last (I go for 10 mins. then land, this gives me a 5 min safety margin). Be sure to and wind to the flight after you feel confident, Do not try very many stunts at first, those will come in time. Point in case I spent 3 months building a plane. took it to a friends house to fly, he tried to make me let him take it off but i said no, after taking off, he was very suprised I was doing so well, (flight sim!).
after 3 or 4 flights I got cocky and started doing stunts against my friends stern advice. I attempted a low pass ( @5 feet off the ground) pulled straight upwith full right aileronup to 100 feet, pulled straight back into a loop, at the bottom of the loopdid a barrel rool (@ 20 high) all at full speed, a gust of wind hit the plane and drove it straight into the ground, after my friend has able to compose himself we searched for the engine, I buired 4 inches into the ground. that was my first day of flying.

Also, planes are easier to learn to fly the choppers and for less money.

I set my brother up for this and after a couple of months he solo'd on a plane he built.

Rick
post #20 of 26 Old 05-06-2004, 05:33 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 41
Quote:

Marcos

I would reccomend using the flight sim until you can consistenly fly for @ 20 mins in 1 flight without losing control or crashing and then land safely. this about 1 1/2 times that a tank of fuel should last (I go for 10 mins. then land, this gives me a 5 min safety margin). Be sure to add wind to the flight after you feel confident, Do not try very many stunts at first, those will come in time. Point in case I spent 3 months building a plane. took it to a friends house to fly, he tried to make me let him take it off but i said no, after taking off, he was very suprised I was doing so well, (flight sim!).
after 3 or 4 flights I got cocky and started doing stunts against my friends stern advice. I attempted a low pass ( @5 feet off the ground) pulled straight upwith full right aileron up to 100 feet, pulled straight back into a loop, at the bottom of the loop did a barrel roll (@ 20 high) all at full speed, a gust of wind hit the plane and drove it straight into the ground, after my friend has able to compose himself we searched for the engine, I buired 4 inches into the ground. that was my first day of flying.

Also, planes are easier to learn to fly the choppers and for less money.

I set my brother up for this and after a couple of months he solo'd on a plane he built.

Rick

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode