Figure out the car on the picture - Ferrari Life
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 655 Old 07-03-2013, 12:35 AM Thread Starter
 
GranTurismo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Budapest, Hungary
Ferrari Life Posts: 507
Figure out the car on the picture

So here we go. I'll upload the first pic than it goes on the concept of "who puts down the right answer the first will be the next who uploads another picture". The pics can show the whole car, a detail of it (both exterior and interior or even engine) or a wreck, but don't use links. Feel free to cover down emblems and nametags with PS, Paint, or with other picture manager softwares if necessary.

The answer should contain the name of the manufacturer and the name of the model. If it has other nametags it's just a little plus, not needed for acceptable answer.

Here is an easy-to-use uploader to manage the picture sizes if needed: picr.de :: kostenloser Bildupload für Foren, Auktionen und mehr (I usually use that one.)

In order to keep this thread alive, when a situation turns up where noone knows the right answer, after 2 days the uploader should reveal the answer than put another, but easier picture.

(Using of Google is allowed of course. )

If someone has a pic and would like to know what's on it, upload it as well with a sign of *EXTRA* typed above the picture. That one won't count in the regular competition.

(One last thing: It shouldn't be just a "knitted" pic-answer topic, if you have any thoughts on a particular car, good memories to share or whatever, feel free to discuss it.)

Enough talking, let's see an easy one for starter, not to kill this immediately.


"Seize the Day, putting as little trust as possible in the future" - Horace, Carpe Diem
GranTurismo is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 655 Old 07-03-2013, 12:53 AM
Owner
 
hotthreesixty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: United Kingdom
Ferrari Life Posts: 503
1957 Aston Martin DB Mark III
hotthreesixty is offline  
post #3 of 655 Old 07-03-2013, 12:58 AM Thread Starter
 
GranTurismo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Budapest, Hungary
Ferrari Life Posts: 507
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotthreesixty View Post
1957 Aston Martin DB Mark III
Yep, that's the one! Your turn!

"Seize the Day, putting as little trust as possible in the future" - Horace, Carpe Diem
GranTurismo is offline  
 
post #4 of 655 Old 07-03-2013, 01:07 AM
Owner
 
hotthreesixty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: United Kingdom
Ferrari Life Posts: 503
Attached Images
 
hotthreesixty is offline  
post #5 of 655 Old 07-03-2013, 05:46 AM
Owner
 
NigelV12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: France
Ferrari Life Posts: 229
BMW 328 from late 1930s.

'97 Rosso Corsa 550 Maranello
NigelV12 is offline  
post #6 of 655 Old 07-03-2013, 06:40 AM
Owner
 
hotthreesixty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: United Kingdom
Ferrari Life Posts: 503
Quote:
Originally Posted by NigelV12 View Post
BMW 328 from late 1930s.
Spot on Nigel & Well done

When your ready it`s your turn to test the rest of us....
hotthreesixty is offline  
post #7 of 655 Old 07-03-2013, 11:49 AM Thread Starter
 
GranTurismo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Budapest, Hungary
Ferrari Life Posts: 507
Quote:
Originally Posted by NigelV12 View Post
BMW 328 from late 1930s.
Your turn Nigel, give us a picture, so more members could participate. Would like to see this topic going on for a long time.

"Seize the Day, putting as little trust as possible in the future" - Horace, Carpe Diem
GranTurismo is offline  
post #8 of 655 Old 07-03-2013, 11:57 AM
 
uberschprung's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: WA state
Ferrari Life Posts: 931
Aston Martin......that's all I know
uberschprung is offline  
post #9 of 655 Old 07-03-2013, 11:59 AM
 
uberschprung's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: WA state
Ferrari Life Posts: 931
blah blah blah.....edited

Last edited by uberschprung; 07-03-2013 at 12:37 PM.
uberschprung is offline  
post #10 of 655 Old 07-03-2013, 12:17 PM Thread Starter
 
GranTurismo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Budapest, Hungary
Ferrari Life Posts: 507
Cutteeeer!!! Read the description!

"Seize the Day, putting as little trust as possible in the future" - Horace, Carpe Diem
GranTurismo is offline  
post #11 of 655 Old 07-03-2013, 12:36 PM
 
uberschprung's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: WA state
Ferrari Life Posts: 931
OOps my bad...
uberschprung is offline  
post #12 of 655 Old 07-03-2013, 12:44 PM
Owner
 
16M Down Under's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Ferrari Life Posts: 1,396
My guess is Nigel's offering the rare prototype Rosso Corsa Challenge Escargo, Berlinetta of course, possibly 2005! So, GT is it now my turn? Hey great thread even though it will be over my head.

Ferrari - Corsa/Nero 16M Past - 09 F430, 09 Cali
16M Down Under is offline  
post #13 of 655 Old 07-03-2013, 01:32 PM Thread Starter
 
GranTurismo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Budapest, Hungary
Ferrari Life Posts: 507
Quote:
Originally Posted by uberschprung View Post
blah blah blah.....edited
Thanks Cutter!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 16M Down Under View Post
My guess is Nigel's offering the rare prototype Rosso Corsa Challenge Escargo, Berlinetta of course, possibly 2005! So, GT is it now my turn? Hey great thread even though it will be over my head.
Don't really know, I don't have a script for extreme situations. Although I forgot to tell that if the latest pic's winner doesn't upload another one in 24 hours than the baton will be given for someone else to continue.

"Seize the Day, putting as little trust as possible in the future" - Horace, Carpe Diem
GranTurismo is offline  
post #14 of 655 Old 07-03-2013, 01:38 PM
Owner
 
hotthreesixty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: United Kingdom
Ferrari Life Posts: 503
Quote:
Originally Posted by GranTurismo View Post
Thanks Cutter!



Don't really know, I don't have a script for extreme situations. Although I forgot to tell that if the latest pic's winner doesn't upload another one in 24 hours than the baton will be given for someone else to continue.
I like your style GT...Have u sent Nigel a pm??
hotthreesixty is offline  
post #15 of 655 Old 07-03-2013, 01:46 PM Thread Starter
 
GranTurismo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Budapest, Hungary
Ferrari Life Posts: 507
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotthreesixty View Post
I like your style GT...Have u sent Nigel a pm??
Not yet. Guess we're "loud" enough here so far. Don't want to be so pushy. Now I am the patient one here. [Scusi]

"Seize the Day, putting as little trust as possible in the future" - Horace, Carpe Diem
GranTurismo is offline  
post #16 of 655 Old 07-03-2013, 02:12 PM
Owner
 
hotthreesixty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: United Kingdom
Ferrari Life Posts: 503
Quote:
Originally Posted by GranTurismo View Post
Now I am the patient one here. [Scusi]
You can go off people you know

hotthreesixty is offline  
post #17 of 655 Old 07-04-2013, 09:49 AM
Owner
 
NigelV12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: France
Ferrari Life Posts: 229


Easy car to identify, but what is its connection with a) a British single seater racing car engine and b) Ferrari.
Nigel

'97 Rosso Corsa 550 Maranello
NigelV12 is offline  
post #18 of 655 Old 07-04-2013, 10:39 AM
Owner
 
hotthreesixty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: United Kingdom
Ferrari Life Posts: 503
Quote:
Originally Posted by NigelV12 View Post


Easy car to identify, but what is its connection with a) a British single seater racing car engine and b) Ferrari.
Nigel
1967 Hillman Imp

a) Used in the Vixen VB1 & one time Formula Four Championship winner with a Hewland gearbox also.
b) Your 1st car?
hotthreesixty is offline  
post #19 of 655 Old 07-04-2013, 12:28 PM
Owner
 
NigelV12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: France
Ferrari Life Posts: 229
OK for the indetification, I have to give you your answer a) as it is correct, but the all aluminium single overhead cam engine was based on the Coventry Climax FPE or fire pump engine used in Formula junior cars and which lead Coventry Climax to design and build the 1.5 litre v8 used by Cooper and Lotus in Formula 1. As for b) it was not my first car but my second. My first car was an MG TC, which I still have. For b) The link to Ferrari was that one of the two Rootes group design engineers who developed this car was Mike Parkes, who moved to Ferrari as a develoment engineer and race car driver. The photo was taken in 1971 and I bought the car second hand and I chose it over the Mini , because of the Coventry Climax and MikeParkes/Ferrari links. At the time, my bank manager was not prepared to finance a Dino for me. I thought he was being most unreasonable.
All yours Hot360 for the next photo.
Nigel

'97 Rosso Corsa 550 Maranello
NigelV12 is offline  
post #20 of 655 Old 07-04-2013, 12:43 PM
Owner
 
hotthreesixty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: United Kingdom
Ferrari Life Posts: 503
Quote:
Originally Posted by NigelV12 View Post
OK for the indetification, I have to give you your answer a) as it is correct, but the all aluminium single overhead cam engine was based on the Coventry Climax FPE or fire pump engine used in Formula junior cars and which lead Coventry Climax to design and build the 1.5 litre v8 used by Cooper and Lotus in Formula 1. As for b) it was not my first car but my second. My first car was an MG TC, which I still have. For b) The link to Ferrari was that one of the two Rootes group design engineers who developed this car was Mike Parkes, who moved to Ferrari as a develoment engineer and race car driver. The photo was taken in 1971 and I bought the car second hand and I chose it over the Mini , because of the Coventry Climax and MikeParkes/Ferrari links. At the time, my bank manager was not prepared to finance a Dino for me. I thought he was being most unreasonable.
All yours Hot360 for the next photo.
Nigel
Very interesting Nigel...Ta for handing me the baton...
hotthreesixty is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome
Copyright 2012 ONE Media, Inc.
FerrariLife is independently run with no affiliation with Ferrari SpA
Ferrari for Sale | Maserati for Sale