splitting lanes up to van nuys-cool photos - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 Old 06-15-2013, 03:42 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 862
splitting lanes up to van nuys-cool photos

I took a ride on the 1000 R up to the engine builders shop up in Van Nuys. What a pain in the neck., having to lane split on the 405 all the way up and all the way back, absolute non stop concentration riding in between the car pool and fast lane as fast as the space would allow, countersteering in between the cars with the front end dancing on the newly painted double yellow lines that divide the lane...not fun...I cant believe how many cars were on the road today !! Thad is a very experienced drag racer and has been at it for many years, and at 61 he is still kicking ass, and this guy can build motors like its nobodys business. He has a 400 HP Turbo Hyabusa for the street ,and a handful of other bikes, including the yellow 1620 CC normally fed stretched out Hyabusa drag bike.When I rolled on the throttle when he started it for me, oh my !!! Some serious HP, and a response when wacked open that would get anybody thats into bikes addicted really quick . It looks as though the electrical problem on my bike got sorted out, not sure if its going to fail again, but after fooling around some with the wires and the fuel hose that was kinked, the bike ran pretty good, and didnt stall. Now for the fork seals and new cush drive. Im also having a high volume oil pump gear installed on the crankshaft so when I shifting gears on a wheelie, I get maximum oil flow throughout the motor. Last but not least, Im going with an after market steering dampener to eliminate wobble while accelerating hard above 120...Hope you like the photos.
Attached Images

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode