A dream Car or any car for me. Anyone willing to help :) - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 Old 06-07-2013, 12:08 PM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 15
A dream Car or any car for me. Anyone willing to help :)

Hi im Kayvan S. Mirabel from the Philippines 20 years of age, taking up Electronics in college, i know it may sound odd i was just searching for how to afford a sports car at google and this popped up, Any tips on how i can afford a dream car...I know getting a Ferrari is far off.

Also accepting donations of any ammount for just a regular utility vehicle
Im just saving up for 5,000 pounds it would be my dream this year to get a vehicle since all my classmates have cars and i envy them since their parents are rich.

Thank you and God bless, i'm just amazed to see ferrari owners and enthusiast here.
Kind Regards.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 06-07-2013, 12:40 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 979
first of, welcome to Ferrari Life,

if you are serious about your goals, hard work is the best bet. no one ever died from hard work.

um, donations? hope you're joking there, if not, IMO a bit tacky...

Maserati GranTurismo MC - Giallo yellow
Porsche 911 GT3 RS - black with orange accents - wife's car
F355 Berlinetta - Giallo Modena, 6-speed manual, carbon sport seats -recently traded in
Porsche Cayenne Turbo S
post #3 of 15 Old 06-07-2013, 12:46 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,501
Quote:
Originally Posted by MC355 View Post
first of, welcome to Ferrari Life,

if you are serious about your goals, hard work is the best bet. no one ever died from hard work.
Or you could rob a bank. It's probably quicker.

Best wishes, John
Ferrari: 550 Maranello S/N 110995, Dino 246 GT S/N 6934
Other: 1990 Bentley Turbo R, 1989 Porsche 911 C2, 2004 Mercedes 500CLK, 2011 Mercedes E350 CDI, 1972 VW T2 Camper, 2014 Fiat 500C, 1963 Jaguar E-type 3.8 FHC, 2015 Maserati Granturismo Sport

post #4 of 15 Old 06-07-2013, 02:03 PM
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebottle View Post
LMAO!

F355 Berlinetta - Giallo Modena, 6-speed manual, carbon sport seats -recently traded in
Porsche Cayenne Turbo S
post #5 of 15 Old 06-08-2013, 12:33 AM Thread Starter

Hi sir, yes i guess thats the best advice.
Thank you for welcoming me.
Well im kinda serious in that donation thing who knows anyone might offer any ammount
post #6 of 15 Old 06-08-2013, 12:35 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebottle View Post
I can't lol they will probably beat me... BLuebottle really you own those bentleys and others? my car is none lol and other cars none but dream of a lancer,audi or nissan GTR..

*sigh* when can i start driving, and anyone try to help me
well giving a bit won't hurt right.

like hundreds slowly and make it up to 5grand lol.
post #7 of 15 Old 06-08-2013, 01:36 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,396
Achieve your goals through hard work without asking assistance from others. Achieve your dreams by your own efforts or forget them!

Ferrari - Corsa/Nero 16M Past - 09 F430, 09 Cali
post #8 of 15 Old 06-08-2013, 01:39 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,501
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayvan2013 View Post
I can't lol they will probably beat me... BLuebottle really you own those bentleys and others? my car is none lol and other cars none but dream of a lancer,audi or nissan GTR..

*sigh* when can i start driving, and anyone try to help me
well giving a bit won't hurt right.

like hundreds slowly and make it up to 5grand lol.
Yes, I do (although small beer on this site) but I did not when I was 20 (almost 40 years ago). Like most people on this site, I own what I own now because I put in the hours when I was your age. I suggest that instead of expecting others to pay for your dreams, you follow Mike's good advice. Complete your studies, get a job, work all the hours God gives you, and with a bit of luck and the odd break along the way, you will probably have your Ferrari a long time before you get to be as old as I am. And if you don't, you will probably reap other rewards equally valuable to your future happiness.

Best wishes, John
Ferrari: 550 Maranello S/N 110995, Dino 246 GT S/N 6934
Other: 1990 Bentley Turbo R, 1989 Porsche 911 C2, 2004 Mercedes 500CLK, 2011 Mercedes E350 CDI, 1972 VW T2 Camper, 2014 Fiat 500C, 1963 Jaguar E-type 3.8 FHC, 2015 Maserati Granturismo Sport
post #9 of 15 Old 06-09-2013, 04:00 PM Thread Starter

Yes i guess so thank you Bluebottle by the way how many members are you in your family? do you each drive your own luxury car
post #10 of 15 Old 06-09-2013, 04:22 PM
Owner

Thanks John for the nice comments.

But yes, you'll get more satisfaction when you earned everything you have, instead of getting it from someone else.

When I was in training, a great mentor of mine told me, "I will always pick the guy who works harder than everyone else, but may not be the smartest in the room, versus the smartest guy who is completely lazy". His words always have stuck with me, and it's so true

Porsche Cayenne Turbo S
post #11 of 15 Old 06-09-2013, 05:17 PM
Owner

You are so right Mike and I got the same advice. Not to mention the sense of pride in yourself that you develop when you start from nothing and work hard for your achievements. Then if you lose it all as I did (messy divorce 15 years ago) you know that you can do it all again. Kayvan, possessions (although of course we like them) are not that important, it is how you feel about yourself deep down inside.

post #12 of 15 Old 06-10-2013, 12:42 AM Thread Starter

Hi to mike,john and DAvid, i really appreciate your advice yeah i guess you guys are lucky i mean being a graduate now does'nt ensure good job im from the philippines taking up Electronics .. it really doesnt pay for cars gonna die from working here.

Whats the best job to be in , its like how why you guys have cars and my parents don't lol i mean we have a Hyundai Getz a 2nd hand car, I really wanted to have my own even a 2nd hand Lancer or a Nissan FairLady thats around 5,000Pounds
Is there any work online or i can do or get sponsore from it

Well im trying my luck, remember trying wont kill.
It's like a guy on youtube asking 1 mllion dollars and they gave him.

Well im gonna be updating here and continue to search for knowledge and try my luck too and have new friends.
Warm regards to all
post #13 of 15 Old 06-10-2013, 07:36 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 507
I've not even been around here for a year, and saw plenty of that question like yours. The discussion didn't end with an actual advice about what kind of job you should take to be able to own a Ferrari, just with the advices you've already seen in this thread.

But I could tell some things how it goes to plan something...

When I was in my last year of primary school and was at the point to choose the next school which may thoroughly decides how my future life would take its way, I knew (as a petrolhead already) that I want to work with cars or whatever mechanical things while still having the possibility to afford a Ferrari after years of working hard to achieve it. So I ticked the best bilingual technical highschool in my city with mechanical engineer course. I got there and things started to escalate quickly in studies. Now I got two years ahead of me with the technician training year included. The next step is a technical university to continue the engineering profession (5 years) for the ME degree.

After that, going to the Audi factory here in Hungary to apprenticeship, then a real job there. I wouldn't go further as anything can happen but the main goal is to get abroad to wherever is possible in the car industry. I know a fellow countryman who got through that whole thing I wrote down and now works in Stuttgart at Mercedes. Salary per MONTH is around €6-7k. But even less is far enough to get there what you want after years of working at a place where you love to work and stay.

So that's my main goal or something like this to be exact. I've been planning this crap for years now and it now turns out that I'm actually good at it. I have the passion, patience and the will to be able to achieve my goals. So you should figure out something as well, find something where you feel happy and good at it, work hard and you get there before you know it. Also, the future is always on the move you can never know what and how will turn out in your lifetime. But don't expect to get your first luxury car at your mid twenties.

Remember that not a Ferrari should be your goal of your life or everything can be screwed.

Hope it helps somehow.

[EDIT: English and a second foreign language such as German or Italian (or both ) is a great plus which is important part of this whole crap I was talkin' about.]

"Seize the Day, putting as little trust as possible in the future" - Horace, Carpe Diem

Last edited by GranTurismo; 06-10-2013 at 11:26 AM. Reason: Wrong words
post #14 of 15 Old 06-10-2013, 08:49 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,146
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16M Down Under View Post
You are so right Mike and I got the same advice. Not to mention the sense of pride in yourself that you develop when you start from nothing and work hard for your achievements. Then if you lose it all as I did (messy divorce 15 years ago) you know that you can do it all again. Kayvan, possessions (although of course we like them) are not that important, it is how you feel about yourself deep down inside.
David, I feel sorry that you probably paid over 300-350K for a 16M You could have got two in the UK for that price ((((

Luxury tax in South Africa, Australia and Turkey sucks, as well as other countries too

My Flickr Account: http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

Take pictures for fun
post #15 of 15 Old 06-10-2013, 02:56 PM
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by karakal View Post
David, I feel sorry that you probably paid over 300-350K for a 16M You could have got two in the UK for that price ((((

Luxury tax in South Africa, Australia and Turkey sucks, as well as other countries too
Sure does Will. The few people here who work are constantly subsidising those that don't. Usually these zombies have an expectancy of entitlement, are full of self pity, but still covert possessions that they won't work for and will even beg for them. Guess that's why I'm a little jaded.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode