McLaren P1 breaks down **video** - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 Old 06-07-2013, 04:13 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 979
McLaren P1 breaks down **video**

I'll just let you watch the video....she's a looker for sure

Hope this isn't a bad warning sign

McLaren P1 breaks down in front of people that can actually afford it - Autoblog

Maserati GranTurismo MC - Giallo yellow
Porsche 911 GT3 RS - black with orange accents - wife's car
F355 Berlinetta - Giallo Modena, 6-speed manual, carbon sport seats -recently traded in
Porsche Cayenne Turbo S
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 06-07-2013, 04:28 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,201
Good spot, now who the hell was it who said 'welcome to the digital age of motoring' - well this dispells that as utter bollocks!

Do you guys also remember when working on an engine could be enjoyed without the need for computers, geeze even the most hamfisted of self taught car mechanics (myself included) could get our cars started 9 times out of 10 at the roadside, but now....well, enough said!!!

Yesterday's history, tomorrow's a mystery, today's a gift.....enjoy every minute!

Current: California 30 Handling Speciale.
Past: FF, 458 Speciale, California 30, 599HGTE, Scuderia Spider 16M, California, F430 Spider

Last edited by Scottish16M; 06-07-2013 at 04:37 AM.
post #3 of 14 Old 06-07-2013, 04:37 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 507
Negative threads about the Mc's are spreading in the Lounge. Although I'm not saying I'm a big Mac fan.

"Seize the Day, putting as little trust as possible in the future" - Horace, Carpe Diem

post #4 of 14 Old 06-07-2013, 04:38 AM
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by GranTurismo View Post
Negative threads about the Mc's are spreading in the Lounge. Although I'm not saying I'm a big Mac fan.
Do you prefer Burger King???

Yesterday's history, tomorrow's a mystery, today's a gift.....enjoy every minute!

Past: FF, 458 Speciale, California 30, 599HGTE, Scuderia Spider 16M, California, F430 Spider
post #5 of 14 Old 06-07-2013, 04:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottish16M View Post
Good spot, now who the hell was it who said 'welcome to the digital age of motoring' - well this dispells that as utter bollocks!

Do you guys also remember when working on an engine could be enjoyed without the need for computers, geeze even the most hamfisted of self taught car mechanics (myself included) could get our cars started 9 times out of 10 at the roadside, but now....well, enough said!!!
I heard of a mechanic who worked on a 250 TR's restoration, that its engine was a piece of cake to deal with comparing to the modern, technologically advanced cars.

"Seize the Day, putting as little trust as possible in the future" - Horace, Carpe Diem
post #6 of 14 Old 06-07-2013, 04:41 AM

Quote:
Do you prefer Burger King???
Yep, but the Donalds sometimes have a great Tuscany hamburger, which is rather cool.

post #7 of 14 Old 06-07-2013, 04:41 AM
Owner

Quote:
I heard of mechanic who worked on a 250 TR's restoration, that its engine was a piece of cake to deal with comparing to the modern, technologically advanced cars.
Far too much reliance is on electronics these days, the TR was from a more mechanical era which unfortunately no longer exists in modern day Supercars!

post #8 of 14 Old 06-07-2013, 04:43 AM
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by granturismo View Post
yep, but the donalds sometimes have a great tuscany hamburger, which is rather cool. :d
lol

post #9 of 14 Old 06-07-2013, 04:52 AM

Quote:
Far too much reliance is on electronics these days, the TR was from a more mechanical era which unfortunately no longer exists in modern day Supercars!
I'm wondering how mechanic enthusiasts in the future will get the hang of restoring cars like the 458, California and mostly the LaFerrari when it comes to that time...

post #10 of 14 Old 06-07-2013, 05:00 AM
Owner

Quote:
I'm wondering how mechanic enthusiasts in the future will get the hang of restoring cars like the 458, California and mostly the LaFerrari when it comes to that time...
With computer skills I expect, that's if the programmes & computers of today are still around in the future & we all know the answer to that question!!!

post #11 of 14 Old 06-07-2013, 05:07 AM

Quote:
With computer skills I expect, that's if the programmes & computers of today are still around in the future & we all know the answer to that question!!!
Erm...yes...and that's why we need to stick with the present, don't want to worry about these Cavallinos [] until the time is here to do so...

post #12 of 14 Old 06-07-2013, 09:04 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 979
too easy these days, everyone has a smartphone and can whip it out and record anything, anytime and anywhere.

glad this P1 can be chalked up to being a "pre-production" car, or McLaren will be totally red in the face

Maserati GranTurismo MC - Giallo yellow
Porsche 911 GT3 RS - black with orange accents - wife's car
F355 Berlinetta - Giallo Modena, 6-speed manual, carbon sport seats -recently traded in
Porsche Cayenne Turbo S
post #13 of 14 Old 06-07-2013, 10:27 AM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 11,858
Probably a dead battery. Cannot blame anyone for not wanting to jump her. Have to say that it looked much better in that video than it did in photos.

Taz
Terry Phillips

Present: 575M 135171
Past: Dino 246 GT 02984, 365 GTB/4 14009, 308 GTS 25125

Every day I look around, and if nobody is shooting at me, it is a pretty good day.
post #14 of 14 Old 06-07-2013, 05:41 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,396
Quote:
Originally Posted by tazandjan View Post
Probably a dead battery. Cannot blame anyone for not wanting to jump her. Have to say that it looked much better in that video than it did in photos.
I had a fried battery in my old California. Had to have it towed to the dealership. Total nightmare with access for the tray truck. This is where I learn't that the ferraris that please the general public are the ones that are either on fire, crashed or are on the bag of a tow truck! Hence I feel sorry for the Big Macs floating around here.

I would prefer to buy a more purist mechanical modern F car with less technology. But I suppose it is the technology that makes them move so well.

Ferrari - Corsa/Nero 16M Past - 09 F430, 09 Cali

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode