Springs Awakening - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 05-16-2013, 06:17 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,839
Springs Awakening

After a long and surprisingly warm winter, the Gods decided this weekend the mercury was to exceed all expectations and provide a taste of spring weather. Upon hearing the wondrous news and waiting until the last minute for some form of verification (they've lied before) I called the insurance company and re-applied the full Horsey coverage effective at 12:01 am last night.

I climbed out of bed this morning with a little spring in my step for the first time since that awful October snowfall that cut last season’s excitement short. I grabbed a quick shower and quietly slipped into the garage. I pulled up the corner of the car cover to show just a little leg and stepped back for a moment in sheer childish amazement with a naughty if not startling grin on my face. I stepped back in to remove the cover from another fender stopping myself again to savor the moment. Dear Lord this thing is sexy. I continued like a high school nerd on his first date with the prom queen who is whispering in his ear Yes,Yes, more more. Not capable of continuing the strip tease much longer, I tore the cover from the car to reveal her full, curvaceous and magnificent shape.

The key was placed in the ignition and the engine was rolled into life for the first time since the last cam belt exercise nearly 1 month ago. It was also the first time in the full glory of sunshine since October. The sights and sounds were enticing me into a frenzy. As she warmed her oils, I gave her a quick wipe with my favorite detail spray and a brand new microfiber cloth purchased just for the moment. I swear she responded with a deep throaty sigh and that special wink that sends all lustful men into a sexual coma making them completely oblivious to anything other than her. Let’s call that the Mental Erection.

I slid into the driver’s seat, fastened my belts like you should with any mind altering machine, depressed the clutch, found first gear and slowly rolled away. We very quietly passed through town and up onto the highway. Her long winter slumber had resulted in some flat spots that needed some heat and time to finally reset. After about a half hour at 65 mph, all the gauges were reading normal, tires were up to temp and rebalanced, everything was reporting to flight control as a go. I found 3rd gear, and promptly let this magnificent lady set loose the slutty supermodel within.

She tied me in a bow and then popped it free to send my senses through an incredible journey like she has every single time we play. Ohh!!! what a feeling!!! Just like every spring, I am again in love. Reborn into the most rewarding and only life worth living over and over again in the hopes that absolutely nothing changes...The Ferrari Life.

I'm left to wonder if my family, friends and co-workers will notice the difference plainly pasted on my face? Time for the three pedal therapy to perform its magic on my long dormant sense of balance and appreciation for the finest things in life.

Lane

Previous owner of 348ts SS #64, Now Ferrariless
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 05-16-2013, 07:01 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,130
What a wonderful ode to Spring! Could not put it better myself. This terrific forum reminds me that I am not alone in feeling passion for the connection between driver, Ferrari and the open road.

David

Current: 365BB, 550 bluebird and a few 911's
Past: 246gt, 512BB, 308 GTB "Michalone" and a few 911's
post #3 of 9 Old 05-16-2013, 10:25 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,738
Lane,

Happy spring season and a long summer ahead !

w/ smiles

Jimmy

post #4 of 9 Old 05-16-2013, 11:04 AM
Owner
Sponsor

Ferrari Life Posts: 962
Nice story, Lane...And yes, all of your friends will notice the smile on your face!

Sarasota Italian Garage, LLC
Sarasota, FL
www.fluentinferrari.com
[email protected]

**An independent facility with no affiliation with Ferrari SpA**
post #5 of 9 Old 05-16-2013, 04:29 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 4,348
Love it. Great write up. No need for pics, the prose create the image perfectly

Ferrari's: 360 Modena, 550 Maranello
Ex's: Dino 308 GT4, 612 Scaglietti
The Rest: Rolls Royce Silver Shadow, Porsche 911 2.7s, Porsche 911 3.2 Carerra, Ducati 916... and the Land Rovers
post #6 of 9 Old 05-26-2013, 05:12 PM
Owner
Sponsor

Here's spring in Vermont yesterday///

Went up there for a car show...Thankfully, we brought our Audi versus the Ferrari.
Attached Images

Sarasota, FL
www.fluentinferrari.com
[email protected]

post #7 of 9 Old 05-26-2013, 06:20 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,839
David..where is that? Looks a bit like Stowe but these lying eyes have fooled me before. I've only made it to Stowe a few times. I always seem to get stuck at B & J, the Cabot annex, and Cold Hollow. I can't place that neighborhood.

Lane

Previous owner of 348ts SS #64, Now Ferrariless

Last edited by Saint Bastage; 05-26-2013 at 06:26 PM.
post #8 of 9 Old 05-26-2013, 06:26 PM
Owner
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint Bastage View Post
David..where is that? Looks a bit like Stowe but these lying eyes have fooled me before. I can't place that neighborhood
Lane,

You are correct; that's Stowe, VT (as viewed from the new Stowe Mountain Lodge) as of yesterday! We drove up in horrible weather only to see this miracle of Mother Nature. There was a car show today in Montpelier, but only three cars were there. Granted, the weather was less than idea. On the plus side, it gave Lori and I a day or so to totally wind down...

David

Sarasota, FL
www.fluentinferrari.com
[email protected]

post #9 of 9 Old 05-27-2013, 01:09 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,738
David, up there ? Looks like heaven to me ! Vermont, it is.

w/ smiles

Jimmy

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode