First time in Malibu; looking for ideas - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 05-04-2013, 06:30 PM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 21
First time in Malibu; looking for ideas

Hi all,

I am not sure if this is appropriate for this thread or the fourm, if it is not please let me know and I can remove it. I will be spending the month of July 2013 in Malibu California, it is my last summer as a student and I wanted to spend it somewhere I have never been. I will be driving from Wisconsin, unfortunately not in a Ferrari, but I and looking for some ideas for what to do while in Malibu. I am going by myself so I may be by myself for a fair amount of my time out in Malibu.

I research the typical 'tourist' things to do, but curious of other ideas from anyone who is familiar with Malibu and the surrounding area.
Any Ferrari related events or places to see would be great!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 05-05-2013, 05:09 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 9,567
post #3 of 9 Old 05-05-2013, 05:55 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 862
Malibu

Malibu is no place special. If I were you I would go down to San Diego. Huntington Beach is also a cool place ,as well as Laguna Beach. If you are going to stay up in that area,Zuma beach would be a great place to lay in the sun. There is a Ferrari dealership in Calabasas . Sagebrush Cantina is also in Calabasas . The Palos Verdes coastline is a way better than the Malibu coastline .

post #4 of 9 Old 05-08-2013, 03:51 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,008
Malibu is a bit congested, but the restaurants and shops near the water are fun places to relax. You won't be able to get deep into the Colony unless you know someone, but you can enjoy the pier and its attractions. Go South on PCH, and you can enjoy the different beaches which connect to eachother. If you like bicycling, there is a fun wide serpentine track from Venice Beach to Malibu. Heading North from Malibu on PCH (which is a great drive and the beginning of Big Sur's coastal drive to San Francisco) will bring you to Santa Barbara which has a nice pier, bicycling, and restaurants. From Santa Barbara, you can see the Channel Islands.

If you head away from Malibu toward the mountains, near Pepperdine University, you can end up on a fun drive toward Hwy 101. Use Triunfo Canyon, Malibu Canyon, or any Canyon Road for enjoyable driving.

And, as said above, Zuma Beach is a nice place. You can take a bottle of wine out in the open there, and set up some chairs to enjoy the sunset.

If you like boat cruises, Malibu Pier has a place where you can go out and see the area. If you go to the Marina, you can check out Catalina Island.

post #5 of 9 Old 05-08-2013, 04:57 PM Thread Starter

Wetpet; Thanks for the reply! I do plan on spending sometime in LA, as I have never been.

Lucca Brazzi; The I looked up the Sagebrush Cantina, it looks like a great place I think I will plan on going one night.

Neonzapper; I will be staying in the guest house of someone who lives in Malibu but I do not know the family who lives there, so we'll see what happens. I have not yet heard of the serpentine track from Malibu to Venice beach so thank you!

Thanks again to all for the replies!
post #6 of 9 Old 05-08-2013, 05:33 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by denali View Post
Wetpet; Thanks for the reply! I do plan on spending sometime in LA, as I have never been.

Lucca Brazzi; The I looked up the Sagebrush Cantina, it looks like a great place I think I will plan on going one night.

Neonzapper; I will be staying in the guest house of someone who lives in Malibu but I do not know the family who lives there, so we'll see what happens. I have not yet heard of the serpentine track from Malibu to Venice beach so thank you!

Thanks again to all for the replies!

You really do need to go to Venice beach. It is a real California experience that you can't get anywhere else.

Bring a camera or your friends will not believe you.

I call it Telegraph Avenue by the sea.
post #7 of 9 Old 05-08-2013, 05:37 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,738
Denali, I agree with Brian. Unless Venice Beach has tidied up, it is a strange experience.

No doubt that you would enjoy your stay, but keep safe.

w/ smiles

Jimmy
post #8 of 9 Old 05-08-2013, 11:13 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 862
JUly in Malibu

Hey man, when you get into town you should give me a call, Im always around to hang out . The first Saturday of every month there is a killer car show over in Palos Verdes, which is in my back yard . Down in San Diego, you can find Symbolic Motorcars, they are my favorite exotic car dealership. They always have some special road and race cars on site every time Im there , it would be a great place for you to check out . Brett 310 809 6306..
post #9 of 9 Old 05-10-2013, 03:29 PM Thread Starter

Brian & Jimmy; Thanks for the comments! Venice Beach is now a 'for sure' on my to do list while visiting in California.

Brett; Thank you for the offer, I will be sure to give you a call when I make it out to Malibu and if you have some free time hopefully we could meet up!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode