Father jailed for letting his children drive his F430 - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 Old 04-29-2013, 09:48 AM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,146
Father jailed for letting his children drive his F430

Nine-year-old drives Ferrari, father booked - Times Of India

Quote:
ALAPPUZHA (KERALA): A man, who uploaded a video of his nine-year-old son driving a Ferrari F 430 on a video sharing website, causing widespread outrage, has been booked.

The police booked Mohammed Nisham under the Juvenile Justice Act and Motor Vehicles Act.

Nisham, who owns the Ferrari, had shot the video of his son driving the vehicle and uploaded it on 'YouTube', which went viral.

Peramangalam police immediately swung into action and summoned Nisham on Friday to explain about allowing his minor son drive the heavy powered Italian vehicle.

Nisham was booked under section 23 of the JJ Act for encouraging underage driving and under the MV act for allowing unlicensed child drive the vehicle.

My Flickr Account: http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

Take pictures for fun
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 Old 04-29-2013, 09:59 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,455
I hope he left the keys with his son during the time in the slammer.

Salve,
Capo

The bad news: Time flies
The good news: I'm the pilot

You cannot make life longer but you can make it wider and higher.
post #3 of 19 Old 04-29-2013, 12:14 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,196
OMG!

there is so much wrong with that entire scenario. People standing about, road bump, a very high powered car and he revs it going away. AND NO adult in the car: Both looked like children to me.

He'll be selling that car for the fine and insurance cancellation alone.

NOT to mention FAIL for uploading it: IDIOT

Guide to the Galaxy: Don't Panic
Rik -- LAH !

Current:
Past:
1990 Mondial T Cabriolet SN 86247 : Red/Tan
1995 456 GT 2+2 SN 99987 : Roso Metalizzato [Fer 311/C] & Tan

post #4 of 19 Old 04-29-2013, 12:22 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,833
When are people going to learn not to record their life on the internet?

He should be in the slammer for stupidity alone.
post #5 of 19 Old 04-29-2013, 12:43 PM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,146
He also has video of his children driving his Range Rover

My Flickr Account: http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

Take pictures for fun
post #6 of 19 Old 04-29-2013, 12:46 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 979
LOL, and i thought MY 3 and 2 yr old boys are spoiled!

Maserati GranTurismo MC - Giallo yellow
Porsche 911 GT3 RS - black with orange accents - wife's car
F355 Berlinetta - Giallo Modena, 6-speed manual, carbon sport seats -recently traded in
Porsche Cayenne Turbo S
post #7 of 19 Old 04-29-2013, 02:15 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,501
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
When are people going to learn not to record their life on the internet?

He should be in the slammer for stupidity alone.
Like the guy who posted a video of himself riding his bike through a built up area at massively illegal speeds a while back, boasting of his prowess - he, too, paid the price of his stupidity / vanity / total irresponsibility. Served him right. At least Claude Lelouch had the good sense to deny being the driver in "C'etait un Rendez-vous" (and that was before the internet).

Best wishes, John
Ferrari: 550 Maranello S/N 110995, Dino 246 GT S/N 6934
Other: 1990 Bentley Turbo R, 1989 Porsche 911 C2, 2004 Mercedes 500CLK, 2011 Mercedes E350 CDI, 1972 VW T2 Camper, 2014 Fiat 500C, 1963 Jaguar E-type 3.8 FHC, 2015 Maserati Granturismo Sport
post #8 of 19 Old 04-29-2013, 03:02 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,455
I had a father like that. He let me drive on the autobahn at night when I was thirteen. My father was too tired to drive himself but was dead set on moving on. He figured he'd stay awake if I was driving...

He had already taught me before how to drive in a fenced in area around his business and that's where I spent hours and hours through my youth driving like a maniac while my father was working.

The autobahn incident was madness though...! However, I thought it was hilarious at the time!

Salve,
Capo

The bad news: Time flies
The good news: I'm the pilot

You cannot make life longer but you can make it wider and higher.
post #9 of 19 Old 04-29-2013, 04:06 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,738
So, there's a proof that modern Ferraris can be driven by a nine year old ???!!!

And I used to think that Ferraris became accesible to females. (oooops,...)

Maybe that is part of the reason I am a bit ambivalent.

w/ smiles

Jimmy
post #10 of 19 Old 04-29-2013, 06:32 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 10,022
9!

That's craziness and the Moms taping it like the kid just took his first step.

Pop got lucky this time - question is will his luck run out when he drops the soap?
post #11 of 19 Old 04-30-2013, 05:40 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 624
hmmmm....me thinks thats not the little buggers first time he actually has pretty good peddle control.

What I want to know is did the old man really teach him......if so imagine the balls in mouth moment when he let him off on his first solo!!!

Cheers
Michael

Current Fcars: 360 Modena
Gone but not forgotten: 360 Spider, 575M, F430.
Other stuff: '71 Holden GTS Monaro, '80 BMW Alpina B9, '74 Porsche Targa, Caterham, MB CL500, Land Rover Discovery.
post #12 of 19 Old 04-30-2013, 06:17 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,130
And I thought my Dad was crazy to let me loose at the tender ago of 18 behind the wheel of his 365 GT 2+2! Although it was a number of years after that before he let me take the car out solo. And then there was no stopping us, as a few high speed sessions around Kyalami can attest...

David

Current: 365BB, 550 bluebird and a few 911's
Past: 246gt, 512BB, 308 GTB "Michalone" and a few 911's
post #13 of 19 Old 04-30-2013, 07:10 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 4,516
In the US, 14 year old kids can fly a glider solo; 16 to fly an airplane solo

I think it's not the age, but the maturity level of the kid and parental oversight
(I was flying airplanes at the age of 13, no big deal, kids are adaptable and fast learners)

good or bad, the dad made a promise and kept it

however, I doubt I would let a kid drive the car unless it was at the track or on a private road

you have to admit, the kid wasn't doing a bad job behind the wheel and thankfully, no one was hurt making the video
post #14 of 19 Old 04-30-2013, 07:12 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 4,516
Quote:
Originally Posted by il Capolino View Post
I hope he left the keys with his son during the time in the slammer.
That's too funny!
post #15 of 19 Old 04-30-2013, 09:57 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,392
Quote:
Originally Posted by 360 Modena View Post
you have to admit, the kid wasn't doing a bad job behind the wheel and thankfully, no one was hurt making the video
Sheer luck. If you drive blind drunk blind folded the wrong way down a highway and don't hit anyone, it doesn't mean that you shouldn't be punished.

Onno

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Future: No idea
Present: 458 Italia, 550 Maranello
Past: 365BB x 2,
330GTC
post #16 of 19 Old 04-30-2013, 12:49 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 211
as he should. child endangerment.
post #17 of 19 Old 04-30-2013, 03:31 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 150
Quote:

I think it's not the age, but the maturity level of the kid and parental oversight
(I was flying airplanes at the age of 13, no big deal, kids are adaptable and fast learners)

Assuming this isn't kiddos first time given his throttle sensitivity and control.

Agreed on the maturity level.

Under heavy supervision and empty desert roads, we start driving at the age of 12. Relatively proficient in both ability and maturity by the time we hit 16.

I remember heading to college Stateside at 18, and not being able to ride passenger given the driving styles of fellow students.

Their level was excellent textbook material: linear, law abidingly safe, and mature. But I wish more training was given (or sought) to nurture critical reflexes and accident avoidance maneuvers among the masses.
post #18 of 19 Old 05-01-2013, 01:07 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,501
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramy View Post
Under heavy supervision and empty desert roads, we start driving at the age of 12. Relatively proficient in both ability and maturity by the time we hit 16.

I remember heading to college Stateside at 18, and not being able to ride passenger given the driving styles of fellow students.
That is exactly what is needed everywhere. OK, we don't have the deserts in most countries, but what we should do is start kids early with formal tuition on closed circuits, so that they learn how to drive without putting other road users in danger and only when they have passed a basic proficiency test should they be allowed to continue their tuition on public roads until they are ready to pass a final test (which should be quite challenging and require them to demostrate a higher degree of skill than most tests do now) and then be allowed to drive solo. I know it may be expensive and tedious, but that way there might be far less accidents caused by young drivers, who presently account for far too high a proportion of the (often fatal) accident statistics. The principle of complete novices learning from scratch on public roads and going solo after a short time and a simple test, may have been OK 50+ years ago, but road conditions and car performance have changed dramatically and it is now outdated.

When I started driving, I had a few lessons, passed my test and was driving solo within a few months of my 17th. birthday. A few weeks later, I wrote off my first car, because I was an over-confident, under-experienced driver. I was lucky: I didn't hit anyone else and, even though I rolled the car a couple of times and ended upside down in a ditch, I was unhurt. But it could so easily have been very different . . . I could have paid the price with my life, or worse still, someone else's life.

Best wishes, John
Ferrari: 550 Maranello S/N 110995, Dino 246 GT S/N 6934
Other: 1990 Bentley Turbo R, 1989 Porsche 911 C2, 2004 Mercedes 500CLK, 2011 Mercedes E350 CDI, 1972 VW T2 Camper, 2014 Fiat 500C, 1963 Jaguar E-type 3.8 FHC, 2015 Maserati Granturismo Sport
post #19 of 19 Old 05-01-2013, 03:46 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,196
Quote:

however, I doubt I would let a kid drive the car unless it was at the track or on a private road

That doesn't mean competence: IIRC there was a plane crash involving a seven year old [Jessica Dubroff] who rode her tricycle up to the plane to fly: She lost it on a bad assent doing a cross country [some dispute the trainer was actually at the controls or taking over on the crash]. Parents STILL insisted she were 'doing what she loved'. whatever, seven years of love. When media gets to the level of helping parents put their children and others in danger they should have themselves inspected. Even Robbie Knievel had issues.

BTW: Her accident resulted in the Child Pilot Safety Act of Sept 11, '96.

Guide to the Galaxy: Don't Panic
Rik -- LAH !

Current:
Past:
1990 Mondial T Cabriolet SN 86247 : Red/Tan
1995 456 GT 2+2 SN 99987 : Roso Metalizzato [Fer 311/C] & Tan

Last edited by Granucci; 05-01-2013 at 03:55 PM.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode