Look what I saw during lunch. *pic* - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 04-15-2013, 04:03 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 979
Look what I saw during lunch. *pic*

So took a trip to Dallas this weekend, and on Sunday, was at lunch with family at a "upscale" outdoor mall, and found this parked right outside

It's an Aston Martin DBS. Gorgeous in person

I also saw a white Maserati GranTurismo MC convertible, but didn't take a pic. (holding my little sons hands at the time).

Also saw a silver Lamborghini Murcielago driving around when leaving mall.

At our hotel, also ran into an Audi R8 and Nissan GT-R parked outside, as well as a Bentley.

Too bad I couldn't take my F355, had family with me LOL

Maserati GranTurismo MC - Giallo yellow
Porsche 911 GT3 RS - black with orange accents - wife's car
F355 Berlinetta - Giallo Modena, 6-speed manual, carbon sport seats -recently traded in
Porsche Cayenne Turbo S
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 04-15-2013, 07:02 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,146
Great picture Mike, I love how in USA, everyone parks their car everywhere and not out of view.

I like the DBS, but hate cars with more than 2 seats, lol. I like the DBS with the 2 seat configuration^^.

My Flickr Account: http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

Take pictures for fun
post #3 of 11 Old 04-15-2013, 07:57 AM Thread Starter
Owner

I agree. The restaurant we ate at had valet parking, glad guy can park himself . Plus, it is right outside, which is prime parking.

when we walked by the Maserati convertible, my little 3 yr old boy said "da da, lets go ride in that car!" LOL, they left their top down, so my boys wanted to climb in and go vroom

F355 Berlinetta - Giallo Modena, 6-speed manual, carbon sport seats -recently traded in
Porsche Cayenne Turbo S

post #4 of 11 Old 04-15-2013, 10:35 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 239
I've driven the vanquish and the DBS and they are outstanding cars. Not as fast as they should be but then again they are great GT cars. Big D has nice cars but you should see south beach. It's like being at a car show
post #5 of 11 Old 04-15-2013, 10:56 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,392
It is a beautiful car. Truly stunning. But since AM have refused to design a new car with new looks 10 years ago, I gave up on them. Even an Aston salesman cannot explain the differences between the V8 Vantage, V12 Vantage, Vanquish, DBS, New DB9, Old DB9, and Virage. Even the Rapide is hard to distinguish from the rest if you can't see the second set of doors. The design department of AM died 8 years ago. It makes these, on their own, gorgeous and desirable cars an utter waste of money. I want to love them, but, AM, for g*d's sake! Wake up and start designing!! It doesn't have to be any more than cosmetic, but please, do something different FFS. You guys have lost your balls and are too scared to mess with the formula..

Onno

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Future: No idea
Present: 458 Italia, 550 Maranello
Past: 365BB x 2,
330GTC
post #6 of 11 Old 04-15-2013, 12:28 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxemus View Post
Big D has nice cars but you should see south beach. It's like being at a car show
yeah my wife and I have been to south beath on our 2nd honeymoon. saw MTV parked outside a restuarant, maybe casting for real world (who knows), and a red 430 spider was parked there

Porsche Cayenne Turbo S
post #7 of 11 Old 04-15-2013, 01:03 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,146
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxemus View Post
I've driven the vanquish and the DBS and they are outstanding cars. Not as fast as they should be but then again they are great GT cars. Big D has nice cars but you should see south beach. It's like being at a car show
Ernie, head over to London sometime.

On one street, you will see all the cars from the UAE parked (LOL), and if that's not happening, you'll see a phantom go past you at least every 5 minutes, I saw 5 in 2, and a couple of nice cars every street or so (Aston's are probably more common than the porsche).

South Beach is nice though, them nice cars driving up and down ocean drive

As long as the miami heat ballers don't bring their eye sores down with them

My Flickr Account: http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

Take pictures for fun
post #8 of 11 Old 04-15-2013, 01:10 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 239
Quote:
Originally Posted by karakal View Post
Ernie, head over to London sometime.

On one street, you will see all the cars from the UAE parked (LOL), and if that's not happening, you'll see a phantom go past you at least every 5 minutes, I saw 5 in 2, and a couple of nice cars every street or so (Aston's are probably more common than the porsche).

South Beach is nice though, them nice cars driving up and down ocean drive

As long as the miami heat ballers don't bring their eye sores down with them
Will
I can sense some pent up resentment towards my Heat lmao.
I do need to make it a point to get back to The City soon. Only time I was there was ages ago. Hardly remember much to be honest other than it rained the whole time I was there.
Come back to south Florida soon
post #9 of 11 Old 04-17-2013, 08:31 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,501
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyO View Post
It is a beautiful car. Truly stunning. But since AM have refused to design a new car with new looks 10 years ago, I gave up on them. Even an Aston salesman cannot explain the differences between the V8 Vantage, V12 Vantage, Vanquish, DBS, New DB9, Old DB9, and Virage. Even the Rapide is hard to distinguish from the rest if you can't see the second set of doors. The design department of AM died 8 years ago. It makes these, on their own, gorgeous and desirable cars an utter waste of money. I want to love them, but, AM, for g*d's sake! Wake up and start designing!! It doesn't have to be any more than cosmetic, but please, do something different FFS. You guys have lost your balls and are too scared to mess with the formula..

Onno
They're going to have to do a major redesign soon - I keep seeing new Fords that look like Astons from the front! Would you spend 150K on a car that looks like a 15K Ford?
Attached Images

Best wishes, John
Ferrari: 550 Maranello S/N 110995, Dino 246 GT S/N 6934
Other: 1990 Bentley Turbo R, 1989 Porsche 911 C2, 2004 Mercedes 500CLK, 2011 Mercedes E350 CDI, 1972 VW T2 Camper, 2014 Fiat 500C, 1963 Jaguar E-type 3.8 FHC, 2015 Maserati Granturismo Sport
post #10 of 11 Old 04-17-2013, 10:57 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyO View Post
It is a beautiful car. Truly stunning. But since AM have refused to design a new car with new looks 10 years ago, I gave up on them..

..The design department of AM died 8 years ago. It makes these, on their own, gorgeous and desirable cars an utter waste of money.
Beautiful and stunning, yes; but seems their research and development department died at the same time. Their VH chassis architecture is more than a decade old. Much like Roman columns, that classic architecture is 'antique preservation' status in some places .

Can't justify considering a production car that is a generation or two from other modern marques, and an engine relatively underpowered in today's market.

Waiting on an Abarth or CLA45AMG to go break a few hearts.

I do believe that their issue lately was financial. Hopefully acquisition by Italy's Investindustrial, responsible for Ducati's turnaround before the sale to Audi, will allow their resources to breathe deeper and resurrect the marque.
post #11 of 11 Old 04-18-2013, 12:56 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,501
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramy View Post
VH chassis architecture is more than a decade old. Much like Roman columns, that classic architecture is 'antique preservation' status in some places

I do believe that their issue lately was financial. Hopefully acquisition by Italy's Investindustrial, responsible for Ducati's turnaround before the sale to Audi, will allow their resources to breathe deeper and resurrect the marque.
Surely this is just history repeating itself? Although there have been one or two periods of finacial stability and / or cutting edge development, Aston Martin has for most of its 100 year life been a euphemism for glorious dinosaurs and financial problems.

Best wishes, John
Ferrari: 550 Maranello S/N 110995, Dino 246 GT S/N 6934
Other: 1990 Bentley Turbo R, 1989 Porsche 911 C2, 2004 Mercedes 500CLK, 2011 Mercedes E350 CDI, 1972 VW T2 Camper, 2014 Fiat 500C, 1963 Jaguar E-type 3.8 FHC, 2015 Maserati Granturismo Sport

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode