Thanks guys - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 Old 04-03-2013, 06:58 AM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,146
Thanks guys

Hey, to whoever reads this lol.

I just want to say thanks to Ferrari-life, I've been registered here for over a year and a number of things have happened.

Firstly, the forum has been great to me, as a non-owner, I've asked many questions (whether stupid or logical -- I try to be the latter when asking) and all I've received is great responses back. It's actually been very good, as a non-owner, I realistically, may never own one or may -- so for owners and non owners to mix into something we both like is great.

You have turned me into a Ferrari fan even more, I'm more interested in the F1 races and even the older models (like dino's, 348's etc). At 20 years old, I can't say I'm a Ferrari fan boy but I definitely think it's the best brand out there for cars and it's even better they aren't selling out in the sense of making Panamera's or SUV's like Lambo/Bentley etc...

One of the reasons why this forum is great is because of the community -- at a big place like ferrari-chat, there was always 1000 new threads a day, 10x even more members than threads and didn't really get to come around familiar user names. F-Life is different, plenty of people I recognise from a year ago -- I don't know anyone personally on this forum, my dad might which could make things awkward LOL, but when I see some threads and the people that have posted in them -- I know it's going to be interesting to read.

So just a thanks, the forum's been great so far -- to a non-owner like me who's going to be one for a while lol.

My Flickr Account: http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

Take pictures for fun
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 Old 04-03-2013, 07:52 AM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 11,858
Will- You have been a great addition to the forum.

Taz
Terry Phillips

Present: 575M 135171
Past: Dino 246 GT 02984, 365 GTB/4 14009, 308 GTS 25125

Every day I look around, and if nobody is shooting at me, it is a pretty good day.
post #3 of 21 Old 04-03-2013, 09:30 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 979
Will,

You're only twenty years old? From your posts you seem more mature than that, and I mean it as a compliment.

But nicely written. I agree with what you said. This forum is very welcoming and helpful where both owners and non-owners can enjoy it the same

Maserati GranTurismo MC - Giallo yellow
Porsche 911 GT3 RS - black with orange accents - wife's car
F355 Berlinetta - Giallo Modena, 6-speed manual, carbon sport seats -recently traded in
Porsche Cayenne Turbo S

post #4 of 21 Old 04-03-2013, 10:54 AM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 9,567
and we appreciate you. please continue enjoying our little corner of the internet. Most popular rarely means best. In fact, if it's the most popular anything, i tend to be wary. That goes doubly for anonymous internet forums.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #5 of 21 Old 04-03-2013, 11:46 AM
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by wetpet View Post
Most popular rarely means best. In fact, if it's the most popular anything, i tend to be wary.
Exactly, what came to my mind:

Toyota Camry = most popular sedan in US. The best sedan, hardly.

F355 Berlinetta - Giallo Modena, 6-speed manual, carbon sport seats -recently traded in
Porsche Cayenne Turbo S
post #6 of 21 Old 04-04-2013, 05:55 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,738
Will,

Great to have you here.

When I was around your age, I did not have a car, not even a banged up Toyota !

w/ smiles

Jimmy
post #7 of 21 Old 04-04-2013, 06:22 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,392
Can only verify what the rest has said. Continue to contribute please! Good to have you around.

Onno

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Future: No idea
Present: 458 Italia, 550 Maranello
Past: 365BB x 2,
330GTC
post #8 of 21 Old 04-04-2013, 08:38 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,130
Thanks for your posts and some terrific pictures, particularly of Ferraris in Istanbul!

Talking of which I am planning to visit Istanbul for the first time for a few days in mid-June. I have only been in and out of the airport and Istanbul looks spectacular from the night sky! Any hotels, restaurants and bars you can recommend within walking distance of where it is happening at reasonable prices? Am planning to walk around, drink in the atmosphere and see the sights.

David

Current: 365BB, 550 bluebird and a few 911's
Past: 246gt, 512BB, 308 GTB "Michalone" and a few 911's
post #9 of 21 Old 04-04-2013, 09:15 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,875
group hug! Come on bring it in!

Current: 85' GTS QV
It's a simple process...... it's just complicated by human beings....
post #10 of 21 Old 04-04-2013, 10:12 AM Thread Starter

Thanks a lot guys, I just wanted to make my thoughts known

Hopefully maybe in 10-15 years, I can be a on the verge of owning/owned a ferrari.

@jimmy, I don't have a car as well, I don't need one for where I am. Walking keeps me healthy and the buses are cheaper than petrol for the car as well.

@Vitalone - Istanbul's a great place during the summer when it gets leafy again, instead of taking pictures of cars I should have taken pictures of the scenery as well.

Where my dad lived was in Etiler, Bebek/arnavutkoy and Polat Tower in Mecidiyekoy, which are all affluent areas -- it depends on how you would state reasonable priced -- I didn't end up paying the bills each time :O but I was sure to say thanks -- some of the places are probably on par with those of London, whilst some are cheaper. (I predominantly stayed in these areas for dinners though, so it's tough to gauge all of Istanbul).

For lunch, it's best to go somewhere in Etiler, the road is nipetiye caddessi, it has a starbucks there, tgi fridays and steakhouses, a little further down on a side street was my favourite place called the Harvard Cafe, they did excellent burgers. Gunaydin is also a good place to eat, I think there's two branches, it's either a steakhouse or a kebab house. Etiler can be costly, but it's were everyone goes on the weekend for lunch.

Night time, if you want to go to clubs -- definitely go to Taksim (area)-- there's also good cafe's there and restaurants. But, becareful at night around there -- some may try to take advantage of you if your not turkish or don't speak the language and somehow rack up the $$$ bill. I left my mobile phone in a Taxi one time coming back from a club (luckily my dad's secretary had the number for the cab) and we called him the next morning. He came to the residence tower I was staying in and was amazed at how appalling the Taxi driver was when he came to me saying (i had it translated to my bemusement) daddy rich, you live in this tower. WTF, I ended up giving him the cash he wanted but wow, no social skills or pleasantry's he had. Lol what's funny about this is that I actually had no money on me when he came to deliver my phone back and my dad was out of the country, managed to get some money in the end (he forgot to give me my money back as well I left in the cab lol). Hmm, he should have asked for the tower owner's son to come down and give him some real money LOL.

One place that's really expensive and for the elite is Paper Moon, I went in there to meet up with some of my dads business friends and other sorts and well put it this way, the Italian food was amazing and each lady on each table was trying to upstage the other for the most attention in the room lol.

Istanbul's great but I've never been to a place full of so many gold diggers -- I haven't yet been to LA so I can't name it the most populous place for these "types".

But Bebek is my favourite place, 1. for the cars and 2 it has the best cafe's on the bosphorus river, when it's sunny, you can walk across the a street of sidewalk where there's lush green scenery, mixed in with old buildings and some special government buildings as well.

If you do make your way down to Bebek, Cafe Luca is overrated. I've been there many times -- it's cramped and it's where the elite hang out. So everyone rates everyone there LOL. The food there is good but... I don't really like to be cramped into places -- it's also a hotspot for gold digging woman. Yep, even the 30+ were checking out a 17-20 year old when I've been there.

If you like fish, there is the best fish restaurant there, I can't remember what it's called but it's opposite cafe lulus (I've never been there but really like the atmosphere each time I've walked past).

Kirinti in Bebek is also great food -- One of my favourite restaurants. The building next to it is very good as well.

If you want to go shopping -- Akmerkez in Etiler is great, just behind it or adjacent to it (depending on where you go in) there is a used supercar dealership, always pleasant to walk past. -- has all types of shops ranging from a simple clothes store to business suites and diesel.

Istinye Park is where you get all the massive exclusive brand names, it's a massive thing to walk through and has a few good restaurants in there as well.

Actually, here is a very solid list.

Top 9 Shopping Centers in Istanbul

I've been to them all except Galleria and Forum Istanbu -- the architecture is great and Kanyon has a cinema -- not that you will be visiting there I'm guessing.

Note, all of them are situated on the european side, Bağday Caddesi is on the asian side and is really really long and big lol. Caddesi means street btw.

The top 10 sights in Istanbul | Travel | guardian.co.uk

Also a solid list by the guardian. Basilica Cistern was quite weird to walk through but very interesting since I had never seen anything like it.

If you're looking for where it happens -- I would suggest looking for a hotel in the district of Bisktas. Taxi's are also incredibly cheap -- compared to Cape Town and London's.

All in all, I liked Istanbul, the sites are great, it's a safe place and good food as well.

So in short, I'd recommend to check these areas out

Nisantasi
Bebek
Etiler
Besiktas (this is the district but there's also a city centre district which is called besiktas, it's the main part of the district)
Taksim

Also David, my favourite bar I went to was the W Hotel in Besiktas, really nice and I thought reasonably priced as well.

and all the other sight seeing parts.

Hope this helps and enjoy your visit there.

@lol barcheta.

Take pictures for fun

Last edited by karakal; 04-04-2013 at 12:38 PM.
post #11 of 21 Old 04-04-2013, 12:53 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wetpet View Post
and we appreciate you. please continue enjoying our little corner of the internet. Most popular rarely means best. In fact, if it's the most popular anything, i tend to be wary. That goes doubly for anonymous internet forums.
I agree. I was on F-chat one time and said something about someone's sport league and he didn't like what I said, so he went all elitist on me and said I shouldn't be allowed on the forum because I didn't have a Ferrari. ROFL!

@Mike, I try to act mature in this environment, since this is a forum that is generally not for the young. I've been on a few other forums where mods are 15 and just don't know how to handle things and care about the smaller things in life that 20-year olds don't care about or even 30+year olds. On exoticspotter.com I was banned for speaking about all the little kids saying that they are the best because they have the best picture or they are the best member because they've taken the most photos. LOL.

@JazzyO, thanks, hopefully I can remain a member, from above my track record on registered sites aren't good LOL.

@Taz, thanks as well -- this forum has a really high standard and it's been great so far.

Take pictures for fun
post #12 of 21 Old 04-04-2013, 04:24 PM
Owner

No worries Will, I totally understand what you're talking about. I used to have an Acura RSX in college and was on the forums there. Some people were very immature.... (btw I'm "only" 34 yrs old right now)

Porsche Cayenne Turbo S
post #13 of 21 Old 04-04-2013, 04:31 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 10,022
Will - you are the ultimate enthusiast!!!

Enjoy having you here and your posts are meritorious.

post #14 of 21 Old 04-05-2013, 02:38 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,130
Thanks for your fantastic insights into Istanbul, Will. They put me onto the inside track and I am looking forward more than ever to my visit!

David

Current: 365BB, 550 bluebird and a few 911's
Past: 246gt, 512BB, 308 GTB "Michalone" and a few 911's
post #15 of 21 Old 04-05-2013, 05:19 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 4,516
Will, glad to have you on this forum.

I have a friend, Huseyin, who is from Turkey who races on my sailboat with me.
He's one of the nicest guys on the planet and you remind me a bit of him.
He's always regaling me with interesting stories of Istanbul.

(he's the US manufacturer's rep for his family's factory in Turkey)
post #16 of 21 Old 04-05-2013, 06:36 AM Thread Starter

Thanks doug, I didn't really want attention on a thread but will reply thanks to everyone because I don't want to come across as rude lol. Your new 12-c is converting me into a Mac fan.

Mike, I come across a picture today on that site and yet again, someone is accusing someone of an illegal spot lol, that site will never stop bickering.

@360 thanks, this city sure has some history to it

David, Istanbul's such a massive place, forgot to say that you can catch a boat across the river from the european to asian side (that's if you do decide to hop between the two) -- much better and much quicker than the traffic that ensues on the 3 bridges :O

here's a pick from the waterfront in bebek

this was nispetiye street, it's much better in the summer when it's leafy tho

this was just above bebek in a place called arnavutkoy, if you look closely to the top right, that big bulge of yellow light is the bridge... yep packed like that each night and takes 1hr-2hr to cross.

Take pictures for fun
post #17 of 21 Old 04-05-2013, 11:02 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 562
Will, I am indeed surprised you are only 20 years old (as a compliment), because your posts are showing maturity. I enjoyed reading your posts. Whenever you are in London and trying to get a ride on a "Nero 458 with yellow calipers", just let me know...

Gus

Quit work - Get some stuff - Go somewhere - Have some fun
post #18 of 21 Old 04-05-2013, 01:27 PM Thread Starter

Thanks a lot Gus, maybe when I'm not too shy one day, I might try to get a ride with you .

Take pictures for fun
post #19 of 21 Old 04-07-2013, 12:20 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,094
When you next in Jhb give me a shout.........we might just dust the old lady and give her a spin....we may get Johnny to come out with us as well as Mike (reason enough to bring the Bull out)......
post #20 of 21 Old 04-08-2013, 04:24 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 439
I'm always up for a run in JHB!

Yesterday went to Angela's picnic (an annual car show in JHB). My friend from London drove the Diablo and I took the 308. Was an awesome day out.

The Diablo was parked next to a Miura (the firs one I have ever seen) and I parked next to a 328.

My phone dies so I didn't get any pics - pity

Current: '81 308 GTSi; '81 Porsche 911 Turbo, '70 Porsche 911E, '94 Lamborghini Diablo VT; '00 Porsche 996 GT3; '07 Aston Martin Vantage
Past:
Ferrari: '81 308 GTSi
Porsche: '68 911S; '73 911 RS Rep; '81 911SC; '84 Carrera; '87 928S4;
Other: '04 Subaru WRX

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode