My Ferrari is a relationship killer - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 Old 03-22-2013, 12:38 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 61
My Ferrari is a relationship killer

So I have now been through two relationships in the past 6 months. One was with a well educated 34 year old who is an RN and the other is a 25 year old who is in school for her law degree. Each one lasted roughly 3 months each. Both had similiar reasons why they couldn't make it work. Both told me (in their own words) I made them self conscious and they feel like I am on a different level than they are and they can't really feel comfortable with me based on where I am at in life and what I have accomplished. That they can't be with someone so "superior" to them.. When I drilled down with both I found out it was over the damn car! "I mean Matt.. you have a Ferari..." Has anyone had a similar problem with this? I by no means have my car to attract women but I feel like it scares them away!

07 Ferrari F430 F1 Rosso over Nero
13 Ducati Monster 1100 Evo Rosso
13 Audi S5 - Commuter Car
08 Maserati GranTurismo Nero Carbonio over Cuoio (sold)
08 Maserati GranTurismo Bianco Eldorado over Rosso (sold)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 Old 03-22-2013, 12:43 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 11,858
RNs and lady lawyers with inferiority complexes? That is unusual.

Taz
Terry Phillips

Present: 575M 135171
Past: Dino 246 GT 02984, 365 GTB/4 14009, 308 GTS 25125

Every day I look around, and if nobody is shooting at me, it is a pretty good day.
post #3 of 26 Old 03-22-2013, 12:50 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 10,022
Quote:
Originally Posted by tazandjan View Post
Agree.

Suggest dating a jewish girl - then you will know exactly how much you don't have and will be reminded of it eveyday

Jus kidding - married two of them so I have entitlement rights

To answer your question - Ferrari's are a little intimidating.

post #4 of 26 Old 03-22-2013, 02:15 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 979
Quote:
Originally Posted by tazandjan View Post
LMAO. Good one Taz!

But honestly, I think those women you're attracting have insecurity issues.

Thought most ladies like men with good careers or jobs?

Anyways, can't really relate because got my first F car after marriage...and wife is a big car lover too

Maserati GranTurismo MC - Giallo yellow
Porsche 911 GT3 RS - black with orange accents - wife's car
F355 Berlinetta - Giallo Modena, 6-speed manual, carbon sport seats -recently traded in
Porsche Cayenne Turbo S
post #5 of 26 Old 03-22-2013, 06:41 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 196
Matt, Have you considered that they just picked something to tell you, as opposed to getting into a discussion they didn't want to have? Sorry things aren't working.

Dan
Current: Scuderia
Past: 330GTC, 512TR
Quantum Mechanic, Quarks repaired, Black Holes refilled.
post #6 of 26 Old 03-22-2013, 07:01 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,738
Matt, seems to me like everything is working perfect,....of course, I am speaking so if it were for myself.

A bit more serious, you may be living in the wrong region. Just move to, say like, Beverly Hills and your problem would be the other way around.

Good luck with your future relationship (s).

w/ smiles

Jimmy
post #7 of 26 Old 03-23-2013, 07:47 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanS View Post
Matt, Have you considered that they just picked something to tell you, as opposed to getting into a discussion they didn't want to have? Sorry things aren't working.
Both asked questions asking what I see in them and the lawyer would say things like "you can get better than me and if you every want to I would understand."

I texted a girl yesterday that I've known for years and tried dating which didn't work out. Shes a great person and I asker her why she thought we never worked out. The text I got back was "I am intimidated by you and your lifestyle Matt"

Maybe I do live in the wrong region and that is the problem. I've been told by more than one person I belong in LA. I sometimes feel I would have better relationships in NH if I didn't own the car.

post #8 of 26 Old 03-23-2013, 07:53 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 196
Do you live in a small town? Do the women see you date and then move on? They may have the mistaken idea that you're 'just playing'. Southern California would certainly solve all of the above. Hope you find the right one.

Dan
Current: Scuderia
Past: 330GTC, 512TR
Quantum Mechanic, Quarks repaired, Black Holes refilled.
post #9 of 26 Old 03-23-2013, 08:31 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 573
Reminds me of the lyrics from the Good Charlotte song "Girls & Boys". Relevant portion copied below.

Girls don't like boys,
Girls like cars and money
Boys will laugh at girls
When they're not funny

And these girls like these boys
Like these boys like these girls
The girls with the bodies like boys with ferraris

Girls don't like boys,

I say - carry on with the F-car ownership but what do I know.
post #10 of 26 Old 03-23-2013, 09:52 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanS View Post
Do you live in a small town? Do the women see you date and then move on? They may have the mistaken idea that you're 'just playing'. Southern California would certainly solve all of the above. Hope you find the right one.
I do live in small town but I've dated girls from Southern NH and Northern Mass, I would say a 70 mile radius so no I don't have a reputation as being a player even though I'm stereo typed for it by most women and have to overcome it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy Eggo View Post
Reminds me of the lyrics from the Good Charlotte song "Girls & Boys". Relevant portion copied below.

Girls don't like boys,
Boys will laugh at girls
When they're not funny

And these girls like these boys
Like these boys like these girls
The girls with the bodies like boys with ferraris

Girls don't like boys,

I say - carry on with the F-car ownership but what do I know.
Very funny! I've heard that song before but didn't remember the Ferrari part. I think the part about "The girls with the bodies like boys with ferraris" that holds the most truth is girls that don' have the bodies automatically think they can't get the boys with Ferrari's. I brought one of these two girls to a club last fall and the car was right outside the front door in front of the club. When we were leaving I helped Tara get into the car and walked around to my side. When I was getting in I made eye contact with a girl standing a few feet from the car and she gave me the finger. I asked Tara why she thought that gril did that and Tara's response was "She is just pissed cuz she knows that you would never date someone like her....."

post #11 of 26 Old 03-23-2013, 01:08 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 11,858
Matt- Try Boston since it is only a skip and a jump on some pretty good roads from where you live. None of the few girls I have met from there were particularly shy and retiring from what a married guy could tell.

Taz
Terry Phillips

Present: 575M 135171
Past: Dino 246 GT 02984, 365 GTB/4 14009, 308 GTS 25125

Every day I look around, and if nobody is shooting at me, it is a pretty good day.
post #12 of 26 Old 03-24-2013, 07:01 AM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,990
Matt, your profile says you are 26......and you know what.....nothing wrong with what those women thought and told you. It sucks but heres my opinion on it and don't give up.....it will change in a few years.

Most who are trying to have really good careers through the highest levels of school in order to have easy 6 figure incomes usually don't own much at 26 besides student loans. All the above post are good but you have to come down to their though level and think about it.....

If on the other hand you were 32-35 dating a 28-32 woman, it would not be so much of a problem unless you live in a 2 million dollar home....lol where we are back to square one....

Being successful very young makes women feel weird and insecure because its not the norm. In Cali it's more accepted. If you like where you live, why move?

The other thing is do you over flash and don't even notice it? because that can happen very easy if you are good financially? Going on a first date being picked up in a Ferrari, wearing a 15K Rolex with maybe 10-20K in jewelry and brought to a $400 - $500 restaurant ordering a $200 bottle of wine....

Do you do crazy shopping sprees too early? because these things switches the worry button on a woman. Why? here's why, some women only look for men with money to get as much as they can then they move on. So it makes the good women nervous thinking you are just buying them and a few months later.....next.

~

Mario

1990 348 TS (87284)

“I build cars for young men that only old men can afford” - Enzo Ferrari

Last edited by Magnum6464; 03-24-2013 at 07:29 AM.
post #13 of 26 Old 03-24-2013, 10:25 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 573
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIZSAVY View Post
I do live in small town but I've dated girls from Southern NH and Northern Mass, I would say a 70 mile radius so no I don't have a reputation as being a player even though I'm stereo typed for it by most women and have to overcome it.
Oh, just caught that part about where you live. Yeah, get out of New Hampster.
post #14 of 26 Old 03-24-2013, 05:01 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 239
Or come to Miami and you would have to hire a bodyguard to keep them off you lol
post #15 of 26 Old 03-25-2013, 07:02 AM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 9,567
post #16 of 26 Old 03-25-2013, 09:14 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,146
Matt, come to London. LOL. F430/458 comes some streets every 5 minutes literally -- would be the norm and while the girls aren't as money laundering as those in Cali as I'm guessing even though you're from the New England region.

Try going to Boston, that's a pretty big and wealthy city. The girls shouldn't run off there. If the girl is from a poorer area or background, she may find the Ferrari intimidating as someone has already said, it looks like you could move from selection to selection.

My Flickr Account: http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

Take pictures for fun
post #17 of 26 Old 03-25-2013, 03:22 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,738
Matt, I used to live in Springfield, MA long, long time ago and if I were your age at the time with a Ferrari, I have no doubt that I would be stereotyped. Seriously, regional mentality has a lot to do with how one is perceived.

You might have better luck searching neighborhood of nearby colleges ?

w/ smiles

Jimmy
post #18 of 26 Old 03-25-2013, 05:05 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 479
Matt, this is "Mrs. Blu" - the hubby shared this post while scanning the daily FLife with me watching preseason baseball. I wholeheartedly appreciate the thoughts of others like Taz & Mario but felt compelled to respond with a slight twist. At 26 you have quite a personal car collection. Assuming you've earned them with hard work and are as grounded as a 20something can be or more, have you considered contacting the millionaire match maker?

Ferrari: 2001 360 Modena Coupe
Other: 2004 C5 Coupe
post #19 of 26 Old 03-26-2013, 11:00 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Thanks for all the responses guys, I would move but my grandfather who I am close to isn't going to be around to much longer and I wanna be here till he goes. I may explore a different region at some point in the future. Until then my job and family ties me here. I am not a big city guy, Boston is ok, but I don't enjoy going their as much as other areas of New England.

Mrs. Blu - Yes I have worked for everything I have and have been in my business since I was 19. I went to college for only a few semesters and decided I wanted to start my career. It worked out in my favor. As far as millionaire matchmaker I am not looking for a gold digger. I hide my house and Ferrari from the women I date for as long as I can and I wouldn't want to pubically display my life and things for all to see, I'm not that kind of guy.

Its just comical- so many younger guys in the past have made comments about how easy it must be to get any woman I want.. little do they know what it actually does to most womens confidence.

post #20 of 26 Old 04-17-2013, 12:13 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 151
This is very interesting as I have had similar experiences, though am 20 years older than you and divorced after near 20 years of marraige.
Sadly there is a mentality amongst some people who think all Ferrari owners are flash and as you have done, try to hide the car as long as you can until they realise you have a passion for it and have taken more time to understand you, to get beyond the surface. Which of course 3 months should be enough time for, so I think it just wasnt right anyway and this is just an excuse.
It can get quite complex - one lady I saw (for about 3 months!) was concerned that people might think she was only seeing me because I had the car (interesting) but suggested several times that we went out in it because I liked it. She was therefore quite thoughtful. That ended due to other issues, not the car, which I dont ever see as a tool to get a girlfriend - if they want me for the car then they are far too shallow and I'm not interested.
Maybe try to see girls who have an interest in cars or who are successful in business themselves, or at least work in wealthy circles and are used to the cars.
Above all, dont give up, you're only 26 - it gets a lot harder when you're older, though I still have my own hair and teeth...

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode