Red and Blue Busas Sunday Ride - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 02-10-2013, 05:34 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 862
Red and Blue Busas Sunday Ride

Well, Neal and I had a fantastic ride on our 1300 s this afternoon. He has a 2005 example,which he bought about a year ago , with 81 miles. I got to say, that my bike, with the rebuilt motor, not even dyno tuned with the power commander yet, is so powerfull, that Im spinning the rear tire, just off the throttle,without the clutch in first, as well as second and third.Shifting into second on a wheelie, is having the rear tire burning out while the front end is way up in the air, making the ass end shake into a mini tank slapper, absolutely wild. We went over the Long Beach and San Pedro bridges , then on to the 110, where we had a nice open stretch of road. He accelerated to 150, and I hit 170, when I had to really use some force to stay in my lane as the freeway bent to the left, getting off the throttle, and making it through. Getting this beast to turn while decelerating from 170, is no joke . We ended up having a nice ride up to the top of RPV. stopping at the radar towers for a bit . Both of our bikes are handling well in the corners, it was really nice to ride the infamous PV canyon on the big bore sportbikes. After having a coffee over in Redondo Beach, we headed back to my house. Along with doing some cool wheelies today., the real story is how fast and powerful my bike is. I pulled off a 50 yard burnout off a light on PCH, spinning the rear tire through 1st and 2nd. Now, after that. at Crenshaw and PCH, I did the absolute best burnout to date.Not only did I get the rear tire to burn through 2nd, but when I hit 3rd, my God, the back wheel kept spinning, to make about an 80 yard burnout, on PCH, with the longest black mark on the road , while I modulated the throttle , as the ass end went from side to side, both feet up on the pegs !! Holy Shit, it was absolutely an awesome site,Neal was beside himself, I was as excited as a little kid on Xmas morning !! Thanks to Thads Racing, Van Nuys, for the rebuild., next stop. Palmdale. for the dyno tuning and Power Comm.,install..I cant wait ..!!
Attached Images

Last edited by lucca brazzi; 02-10-2013 at 06:13 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 02-10-2013, 06:44 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,990
Love those bikes.......wish my wife would let me have a bike.......it's the only time my wife ever said "Don't even fucken think about it". I think it could be easier to convince my wife to have a girlfriend than a bike....LOL

~

Mario

1990 348 TS (87284)

“I build cars for young men that only old men can afford” - Enzo Ferrari
post #3 of 3 Old 02-11-2013, 01:58 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 304
Gotta love the Hayabusa's, one of those has been lurking around on my 'to buy' list for quite a while. I miss my Kawasaki Ninja should never sold it.
My g/f has got a Harley sportster (heha) and a Buell XB12r firebolt which has so much engine braking that when you let go of the throttle it wants to chuck you over the handlebars.

Glad to hear you had an epic one

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode