Red 1986 kawasaki 1000r first ride - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old 01-31-2013, 02:46 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 862
Red 1986 kawasaki 1000r first ride

Red 1986 kawasaki 1000r first ride
Hey fellows. My 86 1000 R was delivered on monday. The insurance payed me over 3000, minus my 250 deduct, and the bike buy back. So the 2800 I got, covered the new bike,and shipping, plus a little more. This bike is 10/10 of the black one I crashed, mechanically, and about 7/10 cosmetically. It came with a four into one exhaust, which, I will replace with the stock one from my wrecked bike,only problem ., I need to repair the right side muffler. I also had to order a rear fender, this new red bike has one thats been cut and modified, so it needs to be replaced. The right side lower fairing needs to be repainted to get it up to my standards, but its not that bad. Im also going to repaint the lower cowling,and re decal it as well. Once all this is done, the bike will be as good as the one I wrecked.I was absolutely satisfied with the handling and performance on todays ride through Palos Verdes. This bike is also, carburating better than my black one, no hesitation in 6th gear , in high wind. The brakes and suspension are working beautifully as well. Its got brand new tires and a new chain . The front and rear shocks seem to be holding air, and the old style anti dive system on the front forks also seems to be working. I did some nice cornering with the bike today, I had a big two wheel slide on a left hand off camber up hill corner, either cold tires or the road may have been wet,I was leaned over pretty far, and just rode through the slide, with one HUGE SMILE on my face.So my garage is once again up to full strength with reguards to my stable.
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 01-31-2013, 03:39 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,455
Good news!
Ride safely now...

I'm going down to Spain to check on my SBay which still is not ready, sigh...

Salve,
Capo

The bad news: Time flies
The good news: I'm the pilot

You cannot make life longer but you can make it wider and higher.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode