Of course we know the pitfalls of not sporting, correctly, front license plates in most areas or too loud exhausts for 'some' exotics, but here are a few, noteworth items ya'll need to manage beyond the norm: Wackiest motor vehicle laws of 2013 - Yahoo! Autos
More may come or be added....feel free.
- It is illegal to strap a dog onto the roof of a car in Alaska
- It is illegal in California and Alabama to jump from cars at speeds faster than 65 mph or to wear a blindfold when driving: Damn, gotta keep it below neck-break speed of 65!
- it is illegal for women to drive in housecoats: In California. Leave that to the men.
- it is illegal to drive barefoot : In Alabama - there goes half the driving public
- is illegal to change your clothes in a vehicle with the curtains drawn : in Illinois--so, leave them open?
- Illegal to smoke in car with children : Many states to include Arkansas, California, Hawaii, Indiana, Louisiana, Maine, and New Jersey.. Regards something about keeping them healthy or somethin'...heard they have to be fed too! What next.
- DUI get you a permanent loss of option to get a vanity plate : NJ. Ya' cut out a revenue structure.
- Illegal to ride a camel on the highway : NV. If it's not ridden?
- Get a ticket if your gorilla is in the back seat: MA, guess you should let him drive or hold your drink?
- Horn honking not permitted in Oxford MS. But each car comes with a horn: whoops
- An elephant, left tied to a parking meter in FL has a parking fee same as a registered vehicle: Guess it's a trunk thing
- Illegal to wipe one's car with used underwear: San Francisco...but you can go nude, until yesterday. ALso illegal to serve milk in a SF bar. sigh.
- Screeching timres or peeling out is a misdemeanor and may be 30 days in slammer: Derby, Kansas
- $78 for hitting a pedestrian in Sarasota FL: why the odd number? $1/year...retirees are cheap.
- Ducks have right-of-way on any Rancho Claifornia Road at all times: Temecula, CA
- Ice Cream men/trucks, banned in Indianola, Iowa