Its snowing out! - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 Old 04-05-2004, 04:06 AM Thread Starter
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 5,509
Its snowing out!

Yup, April 5th and I wake up to find that its snowing out.

Man, yesterday we switched to daylight savings time and I was even thinking about taking out the Ferrari. Today there is an inch of snow on the ground and I'm glad I didn't take the winter tires off the wife's car.

Capt. Pete
'79 308 GTS, '82 Jeep CJ7 Jamboree
"Time is what prevents everything from happening all at once."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 Old 04-05-2004, 11:08 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 776
Sorry bud...I was riding around with the top down today! :green:
(Move to Durham, N.C. :wink: )

Do you think God stays in Heaven because she is afraid of what she sees down here?

Owner and Operator of a 2000 Jeep Wrangler. A few mods here and there... but just you wait and see what I have in store for her...
post #3 of 23 Old 04-05-2004, 11:19 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 613
nice it was here today... ...15 degrees with sun...

...but don't move to our city... ...at the pentagon they said within three years we are below sea level here! LOL (they probably forgot we already were)

post #4 of 23 Old 04-05-2004, 02:29 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 749
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcos
..at the pentagon they said within three years we are below sea level here! LOL (they probably forgot we already were)
So is the Pentagon planning on raising the sea level or lowering the Netherlands?
post #5 of 23 Old 04-05-2004, 05:15 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 895
Well, it's in the low to mid 60's out here in California. Clear skies, but a tad bit windy today.
post #6 of 23 Old 04-05-2004, 06:01 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 776
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4kids3fish
So is the Pentagon planning on raising the sea level or lowering the Netherlands?
Well, with Bush in ofice he may be planning on attacking to find the wepons of mass destruction Iraq hid there.

Do you think God stays in Heaven because she is afraid of what she sees down here?

Owner and Operator of a 2000 Jeep Wrangler. A few mods here and there... but just you wait and see what I have in store for her...
post #7 of 23 Old 04-05-2004, 06:14 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,696
Pete,
You should be happy about the snow. It will make your beer cooler last longer.

LOL

:wink:

12 cylinders or walk
post #8 of 23 Old 04-05-2004, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 360 Spyder
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4kids3fish
Well, with Bush in ofice he may be planning on attacking to find the wepons of mass destruction Iraq hid there.
Or finding drugs... ...that's what we are famous for over here is it? :wink: 8)
post #9 of 23 Old 04-06-2004, 12:33 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 770
I thought it was famous for the "ladies in the windows" - which is a bit like visiting a Ferrari dealership. You stare through the windows wondering if they're really as a good a ride as you've heard...

:green:
post #10 of 23 Old 04-07-2004, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazil
I thought it was famous for the "ladies in the windows" - which is a bit like visiting a Ferrari dealership. You stare through the windows wondering if they're really as a good a ride as you've heard...

That's in the past... ...it used to be wooden shoes, windmills, dikes...

...but I saw Bad Boys II... ...the movie started with the 'drugs factories' in Amsterdam!! :-? It used to be Irak, Rusia or any other past or present enemy of the US... ...it makes you wonder... :nuts:
post #11 of 23 Old 04-08-2004, 04:28 AM Thread Starter
Owner
Elite Member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazil

That's in the past... ...it used to be wooden shoes, windmills, dikes...

...but I saw Bad Boys II... ...the movie started with the 'drugs factories' in Amsterdam!! :-? It used to be Irak, Rusia or any other past or present enemy of the US... ...it makes you wonder... :nuts:
I never realized Holland was such a threat. In addition to the drug factories and prostitution rings, they are probably harboring terrorists. Maybe we should take 'em out.
:green: :green: :green:

Capt. Pete
post #12 of 23 Old 04-16-2004, 06:06 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 31
Yeah, The Netherlands is known for its accepting, supportive society that seems to take no notice of color, sexual preference, religion or anything else that divides and polarizes people, and has a pragmatic, realistic approach to such vices as prostitution and drugs. :nuts:

That makes them a lot different than us, maybe they are a threat. :ugh:
post #13 of 23 Old 04-18-2004, 09:13 AM

He guys... :-? ...Uhmm, before you 'nuke' us.. :-? I live here...

...we do not call them terrorists here... ...we call them... ...ehhm.. egh.. co.. ughm ...verm... ugugh.. ...ent! :wink:

:-? Are they going to arrest me now?
post #14 of 23 Old 04-18-2004, 05:23 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 41
:-? Are they going to arrest me now?[/quote]

Only if you think bad thought about us>>>
post #15 of 23 Old 04-19-2004, 09:00 AM Thread Starter
Owner
Elite Member

Quote:
He guys... :-? ...Uhmm, before you 'nuke' us.. :-? I live here...
The U.S. doesn't use or support the use of nuclear weapons (I guess the only reason we have nukes is so that if someone does nuke us we can nuke 'em back.) We have something called a "surgical air strike". So if you just stay home you will be OK. I wouldn't go parking my Ferrari outside the drug factory though.

Like Eddy said, the Dutch are "a lot different than us" and that is bad.

(.......Of course this is all in fun, we love you guys! :green: )

Capt. Pete
post #16 of 23 Old 04-19-2004, 09:58 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,211
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete04222
The U.S. doesn't use or support the use of nuclear weapons (I guess the only reason we have nukes is so that if someone does nuke us we can nuke 'em back.)
I'm sorry, the US is I believe the only country that used them in a state of war against the Japanese. Twice. I don't want to bash the Americans, but please do not forget facts :wink:

Quote:
We have something called a "surgical air strike"
Jep, you have those too. But that isn't the only thing they trow out of planes. They also use simple conventional bombs, which aren't that precise.
post #17 of 23 Old 04-19-2004, 06:02 PM
Administrator
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,320
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Bob
I'm sorry, the US is I believe the only country that used them in a state of war against the Japanese. Twice. I don't want to bash the Americans, but please do not forget facts :wink:
However, be sure not to distort the truth/facts. The world was crazy at the time. Everyone at war. It wasn't like the US just woke up one day and said, lets make a bomb to drop on Japan. After Germany surrendered Japan would not. Having lived in Japan and seen the bomb damage first hand (see pictures) and knowing the mentality of the Japanese it would have been one bloody fight for years to come. Let us also not forget that it was Japan that invaded most of Asia (Nanking, then capital of China aprx 300,000 killed, Korea, all the islands...)

That doesn't make what happened right and I'm not justifing it. But I do believe the US will be the last country to use a Nuke again. The key is for everyone to learn from the US mistake in 1945 and not dwell on it as, "you're bad for doing it." It is in the past, it was a past government, both myself and my parents were not living when it happened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Bob
Jep, you have those too. But that isn't the only thing they trow out of planes. They also use simple conventional bombs, which aren't that precise.
I don't believe that we use those today. I'm not in the military so I can't speak from experience. But the U.S. and its people aren't on some holy mission to kill innocent people. If you want to get cynical you could say most everything is driven by big business today, therefore blanket bombing as your speaking of would destroy the factories we later hope to produce goods to line our silk pockets :wink:
Attached Images

post #18 of 23 Old 04-19-2004, 06:21 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 749
Thanks for the photos, Andrew. Maybe the bombs WERE necessary to bring the Pacific War to a quick end, but there will always be contoversy about the choice of targets. :ugh:

Anyway Pete - is it still snowing out??
post #19 of 23 Old 04-20-2004, 08:37 AM Thread Starter
Owner
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4kids3fish1puppy
Nope.

I started this post because I was shocked that it was snowing 2 1/2 weeks into spring. Now I'm shocked to find out that the U.S. is going to war with the Netherlands. From a snowflake to a nuclear winter in just 17 replies. Pretty good huh?

BTW- notice I changed your user name above?

Capt. Pete
post #20 of 23 Old 04-20-2004, 09:52 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 41
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4kids3fish1puppy
Nope.

I started this post because I was shocked that it was snowing 2 1/2 weeks into spring. Now I'm shocked to find out that the U.S. is going to war with the Netherlands. From a snowflake to a nuclear winter in just 17 replies. Pretty good huh?
I think you can do better than that, like maybe 15 post...

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode