Back from vacation- First ride back - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 01-03-2013, 05:12 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 862
Back from vacation- First ride back

Happy New Year gentlemen, I must say I had a nice month off,driving across country and back.got to see some friends,and spend 12 days with my family back in Ct..I left Ct . Sunday morning from my parents house at 730 AM, and made it to my door in Los Angeles , Tuesday at 7 PM, I did 1100 miles Sunday, 1100 miles Monday and 800 Miles Tuesday, 3000 miles total ( 43 hours ) in two nights,three days /////////////////////.Nothing like a nice ride on the 1300 to clear out my cold a bit. I took the Long Beach loop,up an over both bridges that span the Los Angeles harbor, I kept myself in check, just trying to break in the new motor. Bike is running pretty good, Ill put 1000 miles on it, then Ill take it to the dealer to reprogram the box, set the TPS, and just ask them to tune it the best they can, using their equipment. Got the front end to lift in both first and second, trying to see how smooth the throttle response is, not bad, as I came down Normandie, I picked up the front end in 1st, I was able to catch second right before the front wheel was all the way down, I nailed the throttle, and to my suprise, Holy CHrist,I powerwheelied in 2nd, brought the front end right up again, and was able to shift to 3rd, while the front wheel was up. Not bad for a first run around. When I got home, I set the idle up a little bit, and now its running even better while static...rite on I say,,The 1000R I bought is at the dealer in Wisconsin,the owner has the shipping out to bid on YOU SHIP, just waiting for the best quote.My wrecked bike is at my friends, we are going to strip it as soon as he gets his Harley frame ready for powdercoating.Ill have some good spares.,including a 7000 Mile Motor, with no damage...
Attached Images

Last edited by lucca brazzi; 01-03-2013 at 05:38 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 01-03-2013, 08:10 PM
Master Mechanic

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,219
Once you fall off the horse, you must get right back on eh Lucca?

post #3 of 5 Old 01-03-2013, 08:39 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 862
Yes

Its in my blood, same as Ferrari, just going to keep myself in check. I still want to have some fun, but ride more on the lighter side .Im going to track day prep the 1000 R, and get out to Willow Springs, when track days start up again in the spring.I really do miss riding on a track, and Im looking forward to it once more . Happy New Year ECS,,,

post #4 of 5 Old 01-04-2013, 03:14 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,738
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucca brazzi View Post
Its in my blood, same as Ferrari, just going to keep myself in check. I still want to have some fun, but ride more on the lighter side .Im going to track day prep the 1000 R, and get out to Willow Springs, when track days start up again in the spring.I really do miss riding on a track, and Im looking forward to it once more . Happy New Year ECS,,,
Good for you, Lucca !

w/ smiles

Jimmy
post #5 of 5 Old 01-04-2013, 04:54 PM
Master Mechanic

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,219
Happy New Year Lucca, I think your intensity and the performance ability of the 1000R will be at home on Willow Springs!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode