What type of music are you folks into? - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 Old 12-25-2012, 09:40 AM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 68
What type of music are you folks into?

Curious what everyone is into or listening to music wise.

I've such random taste in music,

Traffic is purely going to be Classical. After traveling for several years into OC to meet
clients and being stuck on the 405, 55 or 91. You tend to not suffer fools all that well.

Italo Disco : Cliff Turner, Michael Bedford, Brian Ice, Baby's Gang, G.F. Lunghi.
Instrumental Trance : Lindsey Stirling.

Just to name a few... Thou, almost anything you can think of that is played on the radio I probably have some artists lesser and some more so. I've been on a Chemical Brothers
kick. I am all for 60s, 70s, 80s love the 80s, 90s, some of the mid to early 00's and well
guess I am hit and miss on the newer stuff.

You lift, I accelerate.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 Old 12-25-2012, 03:24 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 3,322
Classical and acoustic guitar is my favorite.

Of all the narcissists I know, I love me the most.
post #3 of 20 Old 12-26-2012, 07:03 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 61
I have contemporary Jazz pandora channel playing on in my office at the moment. I listen to in no order: Country, alternative rock, classic rock, hip hop, R&B, Jazz, blues, dance/electric. I'm sure age will vary the lists quite a bit. I'm 26 years old.

07 Ferrari F430 F1 Rosso over Nero
13 Ducati Monster 1100 Evo Rosso
13 Audi S5 - Commuter Car
08 Maserati GranTurismo Nero Carbonio over Cuoio (sold)
08 Maserati GranTurismo Bianco Eldorado over Rosso (sold)

post #4 of 20 Old 12-26-2012, 07:22 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,196
all kinds. Especially music I can understand and that leaves a lot of territory.

Guide to the Galaxy: Don't Panic
Rik -- LAH !

Current:
Past:
1990 Mondial T Cabriolet SN 86247 : Red/Tan
1995 456 GT 2+2 SN 99987 : Roso Metalizzato [Fer 311/C] & Tan
post #5 of 20 Old 12-28-2012, 07:48 AM Thread Starter

HEY HEY everyone! Seems we're all just about to jump waist deep into the new year!

@ Killer : Indeed you can't go wrong with Classical or Acustic Guitar. I like the Piano and Violin, but
I sure do like the Guitar.

@ Bizsavy : I liked alternative from the 90s and early mid 00's, not checked out whats on Pandora these days. Do you recommend Pandora? Country, you can't go wrong with on long drives. I like Dance and Electric but it's hard finding goood stuff. Not all to sure about dubstep. Blues are nice, Jazz too, and sometimes I like hiphop. R&B usually is good. I enjoy classic rock as well.

@ Granucci : ( laughs ) yeah, I'd have to agree.

You lift, I accelerate.
post #6 of 20 Old 12-28-2012, 08:14 AM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 9,567
post #7 of 20 Old 12-28-2012, 08:38 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,146
Quote:
Originally Posted by wetpet View Post
dubstep!!
LOL!

For me I like electro with no vocals and some hip hop.

It will vary on age, I'm recently turned 20 so I'm into this.

However, I hate British rap, Skrillex, X factor people.

Usually if its anything good, I'll take a listen (Piano music, jazz, anything).

but I don't mind listening to stuff like this

My Flickr Account: http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

Take pictures for fun

Last edited by karakal; 12-28-2012 at 08:44 AM.
post #8 of 20 Old 12-28-2012, 03:12 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 239
I'm stuck in the 80's.
post #9 of 20 Old 01-01-2013, 03:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxemus View Post
I'm stuck in the 80's.
When I use to play Vice City (Back in early 00's), (gta game) the game was based in the 80's and the soundtrack was probably gta's best soundtrack -- and the fm channels were pretty good

Take pictures for fun
post #10 of 20 Old 01-01-2013, 11:39 AM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,990
I like all music and always liked heavy metal most but I'm finding bands today don't have their own sound and its starting to all sound the same. I find myself going back to Metallica, Ozzy, Judas Priest, AC/DC for that fix. A few bands came out with some one hit wonders but nothing that really sticks. Now Nickelback has some good music but not heavy metal.

Now 80’s is always fun to listen to as well as some stuff from the 70’s. I’m into car audio and always had and still to this day love dance club music. I love hard bass, my wife and kids do to, even the heavy metal stuff too. Funny how they are starting to add the heavy stuff to kids movies nowadays like Crazy Train in Megamind….hehehe!!! Since my daughters are 4 and 6 they are into cartoons (well me too) and the music is getting awesome.

Music is a passion for me and it has to move me, if it just plays and I feel nothing, then to me, it is nothing. Classical, Opera etc…nothing.

~

Mario

1990 348 TS (87284)

“I build cars for young men that only old men can afford” - Enzo Ferrari
post #11 of 20 Old 01-01-2013, 11:41 AM
Owner
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by karakal View Post
When I use to play Vice City (Back in early 00's), (gta game) the game was based in the 80's and the soundtrack was probably gta's best soundtrack -- and the fm channels were pretty good
About 10 years ago I played Interstate 76 on the PC and OMG, the game and music was awesome......wish they would release the game for XBox.

~

Mario

1990 348 TS (87284)

post #12 of 20 Old 01-01-2013, 02:04 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,455
I listen to these:

Rammstein, Vivaldi, AC/DC, Beethoven, Bob Marley, Ella Fitzgerald, Edith Piaf, Slade, Jussi Björling, Kirite Kanawa, Howlin' Wolf, Hound Dog Taylor, Elmore James, Pink Floyd, Chopin, Miles Davis, Charlie Parker, Lena Horne, Dina Shore, Billie Holliday, Lynnard Skynnard, The Doors, The Animals, Foghat, The Kinks, Mozart, Backman Turner Overdrive, Beniamino Gigli, Luciano Pavarotti, Paco de Lucia, El Camarrón de la isla, La Tuna, The Who, Jimmy Hendrix, Led Zeppelin and some more.

It's tough to live without any of them.

Salve,
Capo

The bad news: Time flies
The good news: I'm the pilot

You cannot make life longer but you can make it wider and higher.

Last edited by il Capolino; 01-01-2013 at 03:55 PM.
post #13 of 20 Old 01-01-2013, 03:22 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,199
Rock: Motown, Roy Orbison, Clapton & all his bands, Dire Straits, Fleetwood Mac, CS&N, Beach Boys, George Harrison (post Beatles), Donna Summer, Sade.

Classics: Tchaikovsky, Strauss (Johan), Vivaldi, Chopin, Mozart

Blues & Jazz: Dave Brubeck, Miles Davis, Albert King, Thelonius Monk,

Lately have been listening to a Chinese New Age outfit called Bandari just for background music, and they're very soothing.

No country, heavy metal, rap or hip hop for me, thanks.

'99 550, Rosso Corsa / Nero, S/N:114654, Assy: 31836, Engine: 52084

High mileage, low compression, and missing on a few cylinders.....just like my cars.

Maranello Skunkworks Team Member
post #14 of 20 Old 01-01-2013, 06:21 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cribbj View Post
Rock: Lately have been listening to a Chinese New Age outfit called Bandari just for background music, and they're very soothing.
Never heard of Bandari......checked you tube and all I got were indian people singing so I don't think they are the Chinese group you are talking about. Do you have a link? I'm curious.....

~

Mario

1990 348 TS (87284)

post #15 of 20 Old 01-02-2013, 02:46 AM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,199
Here you go Mario: Bandari and there are three songs by them on this page that you can download.

I picked up all my music during my assignment in China last year - their CD's are available over there, but the group is largely unknown outside of China & Taiwan.

'99 550, Rosso Corsa / Nero, S/N:114654, Assy: 31836, Engine: 52084

High mileage, low compression, and missing on a few cylinders.....just like my cars.

Maranello Skunkworks Team Member
post #16 of 20 Old 01-02-2013, 10:12 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,526
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum6464 View Post
I like all music and always liked heavy metal most but I'm finding bands today don't have their own sound and its starting to all sound the same. I find myself going back to Metallica, Ozzy, Judas Priest, AC/DC for that fix. A few bands came out with some one hit wonders but nothing that really sticks. Now Nickelback has some good music but not heavy metal.

Now 80’s is always fun to listen to as well as some stuff from the 70’s. I’m into car audio and always had and still to this day love dance club music. I love hard bass, my wife and kids do to, even the heavy metal stuff too. Funny how they are starting to add the heavy stuff to kids movies nowadays like Crazy Train in Megamind….hehehe!!! Since my daughters are 4 and 6 they are into cartoons (well me too) and the music is getting awesome.

Music is a passion for me and it has to move me, if it just plays and I feel nothing, then to me, it is nothing. Classical, Opera etc…nothing.

~

Mario
Some heavier "Progressive" Bands to try out: Porcupine Tree and Opeth.

2015 458 Speciale', 2014 F12, 2013 458 Rosso Scuderia (To be traded), 2012 MP4-12C, 2010 LP670 SV, 2010 Panamera Turbo, 2009 16M, 2009 Scuderia , 2008 CLK63 Cab., 2002 996 GT2, 1994 RX-7 R2
post #17 of 20 Old 01-02-2013, 12:00 PM Thread Starter

@ Ed : I am hit and miss on the dubstep but it's not all bad, some are well done. Others not so much.

@ Will : Interesting, I prefer the vocals same with Trance. Thou I've some tracks that are perfect without
vocals.

@ Ernie : Indeed, I went thru an Italo Disco phase. Thou, I like most that spawned in the 1980s.
Same with early 1990s. I recently itterated to my brother that if I had a time machine, I'd possibly
go back in time and it probably would be the 80s or 90s.

@ Mario : I'll be honest, I am not much into sound systems, thou I have a healthy but limited knowledge
about it all. I'd agree, a number of groups have no originality and or the lyrics are pretty generic and
really do strike me as ( amusing. ) What is classifed as hard now is not so hard when compared to the
past. I'd agree, music has to move you. Otherwise it's more of a annoyance. ( laughs ) I like bass so long
as the nuts, bolts and so on of my vehicles aren't falling apart. I preffer clearity over earth shaking noise.
( laughs ) Once years ago, I was in a friends car and his bass was intense I had to get out of the car.
A week later, he wondered why he had electical system was failing. PS, Adult Swim is pretty nifty.
( laughs ) I can't play games much anymore, on ocasion I get hustled into playing X box with a mate or two.

@ Capo : You got some good taste there, and some I am not familiar with but will check into.

@ John : I'll have to check into some of the ones you have mentioned. Thou, the major names are all
known and indeed good. It depends, for me Country Music can be good, it depends on the song and
and mood. I sometimes listen to hip hop or rap, problem is just that I listen to the lyrics and then think
holly #$%# I don't identify with this at all and did he just say X, Y or Z. All depends on the given song
too. Bandari sounds interesting, I like artists or groups from all over too.

You lift, I accelerate.
post #18 of 20 Old 01-02-2013, 03:15 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by markjayw View Post
Some heavier "Progressive" Bands to try out: Porcupine Tree and Opeth.
Heard of both, Porcupine is too soft for me, it's kind of bland. Opeth has some good music but the demonic voice with a nasty cold simply doesn't do it for me...LOL reminds me of Sepultura

~

Mario

1990 348 TS (87284)

post #19 of 20 Old 01-28-2013, 03:59 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 931
Right I'm a huge Carly rose sonenclar fan! Other than her I'm mainly an 70's-80's chunky. U2; Paul Mcartney, Bryan Adams, led zeppelin, Kansas, etc. also love Coldplay!
post #20 of 20 Old 01-28-2013, 04:45 PM

i like this song

Take pictures for fun

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode