Replacement 1000R - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 12-20-2012, 09:42 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 862
Replacement 1000R

I just bought this bike,after two weeks of intensive internet search . The bike is good to go, I will replace the 4 into 1 with the exhaust off of my crashed bike. I will dismantle the wrecked bike, and have the motor, wheels, tires, shocks,brakes, forks,master cylinders, foot pegs,electrics, as spares.This new bike has got new tires,carbs rebuilt, and all else necessary for it to be turn key. Just need to get rid of the four into one exhaust,,,Brett
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 12-20-2012, 10:14 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 4,348
Congrats Brett
Hope the road rash is healing up well. Stay safe on the new toy.

Ferrari's: 360 Modena, 550 Maranello
Ex's: Dino 308 GT4, 612 Scaglietti
The Rest: Rolls Royce Silver Shadow, Porsche 911 2.7s, Porsche 911 3.2 Carerra, Ducati 916... and the Land Rovers
post #3 of 8 Old 12-20-2012, 10:35 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Thx barry

Hey Barry,road rash is healing really well, its has taken some time, but its coming along,My shoulder is still really sore as well. I will be re evaluating the way I will ride my bikes.I still would like to clown around,now and again. I will definetely be leg protected from now on.Full leathers, or chaps over jeans for my local work . Im 48 years old, but I still feel as excited as I did, when I first took up motorcycles,that young boy mentality is ok., up to a point. I know for sure, that I will definetley not put myself into a situation, where the outcome is unknowne, like wheeling over a blind 80 degree incline at 80 MPH.

post #4 of 8 Old 12-20-2012, 11:00 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 4,348
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucca brazzi View Post
Hey Barry,road rash is healing really well, its has taken some time, but its coming along,My shoulder is still really sore as well. I will be re evaluating the way I will ride my bikes.I still would like to clown around,now and again. I will definetely be leg protected from now on.Full leathers, or chaps over jeans for my local work . Im 48 years old, but I still feel as excited as I did, when I first took up motorcycles,that young boy mentality is ok., up to a point. I know for sure, that I will definetley not put myself into a situation, where the outcome is unknowne, like wheeling over a blind 80 degree incline at 80 MPH.
Good to hear Brett. I'm not a believer in telling anyone how to live their life, but I do believe you'll still have plenty of fun on your new machine riding a 9/10s of the limit...

Ferrari's: 360 Modena, 550 Maranello
Ex's: Dino 308 GT4, 612 Scaglietti
The Rest: Rolls Royce Silver Shadow, Porsche 911 2.7s, Porsche 911 3.2 Carerra, Ducati 916... and the Land Rovers

Last edited by Fiorano; 12-21-2012 at 01:27 AM. Reason: Typo
post #5 of 8 Old 12-20-2012, 07:05 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 4,439
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucca brazzi View Post
I know a siad this a coule years ago but I strongly suggest you go do some track time. Generally you can find places that will rent you a fully prep'd and ready to go race bike if you don't want to spend the time or take the rick with your own bike(s), but but I promise you will leave the track a much better rider. I know you thing you're a good rider now....maybe you are maybe you aren't I have no idea but I can say I've never actually met anyone with road worth a shit that didn't have a whole bunch of track hours racked up getting themselves good.

For me personally, it made a big difference in my ability to control the bike and also in my desire to ride silly fast on the street....in fact by my second race weekend (actual racing not just doing laps) I found I not longer had the slightest interest in riding on the street.....way too dangerous for me. I did my first weekend at NHIS and at the time the class laps seems scary fast. It turnout we started at about 3:00 laps and got down to about 2:30 by the final instructed session and everyone I talked to was pretty scared......actual race pace to win in even the novice classes was around 1:35 with the expect classes more like 1:22/3. There is a HUGE difference between a 2:30 when your pegs might scrape if you take a really bad bad line over a pothole and a 1:23 where I needed to saw about 3/4" off the end of the pegs and reposition all the exhaust claps and bash in the mufflers a bit to keep stuff from dragging so bad it unloaded the tires.....and this was a 600 so probably more suited to the task of cornering than any of the bike I've seen in your post.

Go for a track day........ once your all healed.
post #6 of 8 Old 12-20-2012, 09:36 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,990
Nice machine.......don't break this one......LOL

~

Mario

1990 348 TS (87284)

“I build cars for young men that only old men can afford” - Enzo Ferrari
post #7 of 8 Old 12-21-2012, 08:01 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Track Days

Yes, throughout the 90 s ,I went to several track days at Willow Springs. with a ZX9R,and ran in the expert class.I also raced 50- 80- 125 cc two strokes, in CMRRA, for about a year and a half in the advanced and expert class. I was lucky enough to bring home a handfull of tropys, some for 1st,2nd and 3rd. I would definetely like to get back on the track at some point. I was even thinking about buying a race Kart as well .The streets of willow is also a great track, especially for the small bikes, 50-80 cc minis.The 125 s were very uncomfortable, I did more on the smaller mini 2 stokers.
post #8 of 8 Old 12-21-2012, 06:34 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 4,439
hmmm.....so you're saying you absolutely know better and have no excuse then?

keep the wheels on the pavement this time

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode