Tragedy in Connecticut - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 Old 12-14-2012, 10:20 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 3,996
Tragedy in Connecticut

Not a F-theme but still......The news about the shooting on a elementary school in Newton, Connecticut just hit the Swiss wire....very, very, very sad. I believe to know that some contributors here are from the state of Connecticut and I sincerely hope that nobody of you is directly on indirectly related to one of those kids/pupils. My thoughts are with you and with the families of the victims...it is just unbelievable...many of us here are fathers. Just think about......It's terrible.

Present: 365 GTB/4, Scud
Past: 250 GTE, 250 PF (2), 275 GTBsn, 330 GTC, 456GT, 550, 360Stradale, 430Scuderia, F40, F50
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 Old 12-14-2012, 11:05 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 479
We made a couple calls to check on those we know in the region and then after hearing the words, "we're OK" we realized, no it isn't. It just isn't OK . . . this cannot continue to happen.
post #3 of 23 Old 12-14-2012, 01:10 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 862
Ct

Conn is my home state., what a senseless tragedy.....during the Holidays no less.,.

post #4 of 23 Old 12-14-2012, 01:31 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 4,348
Senseless tragedy. My heart goes out too all involved.

Ferrari's: 360 Modena, 550 Maranello
Ex's: Dino 308 GT4, 612 Scaglietti
The Rest: Rolls Royce Silver Shadow, Porsche 911 2.7s, Porsche 911 3.2 Carerra, Ducati 916... and the Land Rovers
post #5 of 23 Old 12-14-2012, 01:55 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,839
News is still coming in. I have one personal link to the school so far. My soon to be niece was very close to the school principal who died. That was her first "apprentice" assignment after obtaining her teaching degree 2 years ago. She is as heart broken as you would expect.

I'll continue my vigil and pray for those affected by this ... this .... Not sure what to call it as words fail me.

I'll keep you posted if any more links to me are identified. (Dear Lord I hope not)

Lane

Previous owner of 348ts SS #64, Now Ferrariless
post #6 of 23 Old 12-14-2012, 02:11 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 3,996
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint Bastage View Post
News is still coming in. I have one personal link to the school so far. My soon to be niece was very close to the school principal who died. That was her first "apprentice" assignment after obtaining her teaching degree 2 years ago. She is as heart broken as you would expect.

I'll continue my vigil and pray for those affected by this ... this .... Not sure what to call it as words fail me.

I'll keep you posted if any more links to me are identified. (Dear Lord I hope not)
I'm very sorry to hear that. I was hoping otherwise, but reality shows that there are always persons involved who are connected somehow. My condolence to your niece and the family of her school principle friend. ...

Present: 365 GTB/4, Scud
Past: 250 GTE, 250 PF (2), 275 GTBsn, 330 GTC, 456GT, 550, 360Stradale, 430Scuderia, F40, F50
post #7 of 23 Old 12-14-2012, 03:08 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,146
Very sad thing,

Such a fucked up thing to go shoot an elementary school up.

My Flickr Account: http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

Take pictures for fun
post #8 of 23 Old 12-14-2012, 03:25 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 199
Prayers to the parents who have just lost their child and have lost Christmas and the joyful holiday it is supposed to be for the rest of their lives because their child is gone. My father died many years ago on Dec. 24, Christmas has never been the same for me.

My daughter is 22 but even at 22 I can't even begin to imagine what those parents are going through right now, not sure I would survive.
post #9 of 23 Old 12-14-2012, 06:28 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,392
I have seen quite a few things, been around the world, I worked in Africa for 13 years and we all know Africa is a continent with some serious problems.

But this just makes me break down and cry.

Words fail me. What a completely incomprehensible situation.

I wish everyone involved super-human strength to help them get through this darkest hour. I cannot comprehend what it is like to be involved with this. My thoughts are with all the victims and families.

Onno

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Future: No idea
Present: 458 Italia, 550 Maranello
Past: 365BB x 2,
330GTC
post #10 of 23 Old 12-14-2012, 07:33 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,875
This has been a lousy year..... not just for me but for many close to me. While for many of us children represent hopes and dreams for the future, for some they are nothing more than easier targets. What's unfortunate is that to add insult to injury many will want to politicize these events to push an agenda.

Current: 85' GTS QV
It's a simple process...... it's just complicated by human beings....
post #11 of 23 Old 12-14-2012, 08:26 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 768
I have 3 kids and when I heard what happened, I was sick to my stomach. This was senseless act . My heart goes out to the families.
Alex.
post #12 of 23 Old 12-15-2012, 04:52 AM
Owner

Anyone have any idea's about something I could do to help out? My emotions on this matter seem to be preventing me from thinking. Thought about delivery a few boxes of coffee to the overnight crew working at the scene but figured I'd never get close enough to deliver it. Thought about volunteering at the grief center, that would be a catalyst for my rage. Giving money just seems stupid...

I got nothing but want to help somehow.

Lane

post #13 of 23 Old 12-15-2012, 06:42 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 562
It is very sad thing to happen like this, especially to such young ages! My prayers and thoughts for the families affected.

Gus

Quit work - Get some stuff - Go somewhere - Have some fun
post #14 of 23 Old 12-15-2012, 06:44 AM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,733
so sad, just heartbreaking.

post #15 of 23 Old 12-15-2012, 07:04 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 71
news that makes you shake your head how senseless it was....words cant express the sympathy for these families. Live life everyday like it is your last.

JASON
post #16 of 23 Old 12-15-2012, 08:38 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,875
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint Bastage View Post
Anyone have any idea's about something I could do to help out? My emotions on this matter seem to be preventing me from thinking. Thought about delivery a few boxes of coffee to the overnight crew working at the scene but figured I'd never get close enough to deliver it. Thought about volunteering at the grief center, that would be a catalyst for my rage. Giving money just seems stupid...

I got nothing but want to help somehow.
Educate youself, your loved ones and whomever else will listen about proper use, care and respect for firearms. Give your kids a hearty hug and let them know that they will always be the center of your universe. Let them know that their actions, however small, can have long reaching impact on those around them.

That's what I've done.

Current: 85' GTS QV
It's a simple process...... it's just complicated by human beings....
post #17 of 23 Old 12-15-2012, 09:13 AM
Administrator
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 15,131
Utterly senseless tragedy. Just beyond horrible. My heart goes out to everyone involved.
post #18 of 23 Old 12-15-2012, 09:26 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 590
Quote:
Originally Posted by barcheta View Post
Educate youself, your loved ones and whomever else will listen about proper use, care and respect for firearms. Give your kids a hearty hug and let them know that they will always be the center of your universe. Let them know that their actions, however small, can have long reaching impact on those around them.

That's what I've done.
I don't believe that could have been said better.

May the victims of this tragedy rest in peace.

Ciao Jules

Current Italian Bellas:
95 Alfa Romeo 164 LS, 1978 Fiat 124 Spider
Sometime in the Future: Red 308 GTS
post #19 of 23 Old 12-15-2012, 10:48 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 150
A dark day.
Senseless.

We're at a loss for explanations, here. The rare piece of news which has one physically sick.

We hold hope in the human spirit, a magnificient thing. May those involved be blanketed with tranquility and strength to see them through the most difficult of losses, to give them courage for tomorrow.

Waiting to see how best to help.
post #20 of 23 Old 12-15-2012, 12:15 PM
Owner

JB
Just received the new firearm purchased a few weeks ago. It was purchased in response to another event that evidences America's screwed up values. Its a Ruger 10/22 to be considered the "trainer" and the first of a few more to come. Got a 12 gauge in my future and might even get my old 7mm back from my step father. (Winchester XTR featherweight). If that doesn't work I'll be looking for a nice .308 or 30/06. Santa is bringing me a 8 gun safe.

Lane

Last edited by Saint Bastage; 12-15-2012 at 12:47 PM.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode