Aston Martin V12 Vantage... - Ferrari Life
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 11-26-2012, 12:32 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Ferrari Life Posts: 3
Aston Martin V12 Vantage...

Hey guys, I just wanted to introduce myself. I'm in the market for a Ferrari and decided to join the board. I currently own a Ford GT and a Vantage V12 carbon black edition. The vantage is currently for sale, once I move it i can start towards moving into my first ferrari. Its a 2011 with 1k miles, flawless shape. $160K, best price you can find for that model. I love the car, v12 sounds incredible, lots of torque too. But I bought it for a short term hold and it needs to go. Pics are at v12vantage.shutterfly.com. Let me know what yall think!

Thanks,
Cavan
copelandcf is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 11 Old 11-26-2012, 01:47 PM
Owner
 
Fiorano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Europe
Ferrari Life Posts: 4,348
Welcome to Ferrari Life Cavan.

Vantage is a beautiful car. Had a V8 a couple years back.

What Ferrari are you thinking of acquiring?

Ferrari's: 360 Modena, 550 Maranello
Ex's: Dino 308 GT4, 612 Scaglietti
The Rest: Rolls Royce Silver Shadow, Porsche 911 2.7s, Porsche 911 3.2 Carerra, Ducati 916... and the Land Rovers
Fiorano is offline  
post #3 of 11 Old 11-26-2012, 08:06 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Ferrari Life Posts: 3
I am having a tough time deciding. I'd actually like to drive a 355 first. Those were new when I was in high school and I loved them then. I know the power will underwhelm me and the maintenance on those is tough to replace the timing belt. But I think it could be a fun change of pace from the GT. I also would be open to a 360 modena. I have driven a 458 and loved it, but I know they are going to take a huge hit in the next few years and I typically dont buy cars that will do that. When they come down to the low 200's I'll consider it then. Either way, I think I can do no wrong. Any advice? Remember this would be my first prancing horse. I think it would be cool to earn some stripes and run up through the evolution.
copelandcf is offline  
 
post #4 of 11 Old 11-27-2012, 06:03 AM
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Toronto / Plane / Hotel
Ferrari Life Posts: 14
Your V12 Vantage is stunning in black.

I just drove the new Vanquish and there's not a better GT on the planet, in my opinion.
b-mak is offline  
post #5 of 11 Old 11-27-2012, 06:15 AM
Owner
 
champagne612's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: St Louis
Ferrari Life Posts: 10,022
Welcome to Ferrari Life

I assume you are looking for a manual.

The 430 F1 could be a nice transition from the AM - not much depreciation left.

Feel free to post some Kodaks of the AM and Ford GT.
champagne612 is offline  
post #6 of 11 Old 12-03-2012, 07:52 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Ferrari Life Posts: 3
No problem....let me know what yall think
Attached Images
         
copelandcf is offline  
post #7 of 11 Old 12-03-2012, 09:53 AM
Owner
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Pacific North West
Ferrari Life Posts: 2,526
Quote:
Originally Posted by copelandcf View Post
Hey guys, I just wanted to introduce myself. I'm in the market for a Ferrari and decided to join the board. I currently own a Ford GT and a Vantage V12 carbon black edition. The vantage is currently for sale, once I move it i can start towards moving into my first ferrari. Its a 2011 with 1k miles, flawless shape. $160K, best price you can find for that model. I love the car, v12 sounds incredible, lots of torque too. But I bought it for a short term hold and it needs to go. Pics are at v12vantage.shutterfly.com. Let me know what yall think!

Thanks,
Cavan
Depends on what you are looking for. Best Ferrari GT deal right now would be a 2008 or newer 599 GTB. 2008's are breaking 200k and around 209k with HGTE Handling package. Big step up over the Vantage.

Aston's take big hits on depreciation. Look at the DBS's, close to 300k new, now at 200k for a coupe or lower.

For excitement, Scuderia would be good choice, but not really a GT.

My incoming 458 coupe will be my "GT" car, can go both ways IMO, GT or Sports car.

2015 458 Speciale', 2014 F12, 2013 458 Rosso Scuderia (To be traded), 2012 MP4-12C, 2010 LP670 SV, 2010 Panamera Turbo, 2009 16M, 2009 Scuderia , 2008 CLK63 Cab., 2002 996 GT2, 1994 RX-7 R2
markjayw is offline  
post #8 of 11 Old 12-03-2012, 07:30 PM
Owner
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: LA/Dubai
Ferrari Life Posts: 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by markjayw View Post
Depends on what you are looking for. Best Ferrari GT deal right now would be a 2008 or newer 599 GTB. 2008's are breaking 200k and around 209k with HGTE Handling package. Big step up over the Vantage.

Aston's take big hits on depreciation. Look at the DBS's, close to 300k new, now at 200k for a coupe or lower.

For excitement, Scuderia would be good choice, but not really a GT.

My incoming 458 coupe will be my "GT" car, can go both ways IMO, GT or Sports car.

Pardon the side conversation

In regards to the GTB why 2008 and after?
PMCCHRIS is offline  
post #9 of 11 Old 12-03-2012, 07:40 PM
Owner
 
champagne612's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: St Louis
Ferrari Life Posts: 10,022
Quote:
Originally Posted by copelandcf View Post
No problem....let me know what yall think
Looks fantastic!

It's interesting how many guys grow tired of the AM - even though it's look are incredible especially on that edition.

A friend bought one to compliment his 458 - problem is the AM sits.

Chris the 2008 599 had ceramics vs 07 it was an option.
champagne612 is offline  
post #10 of 11 Old 12-03-2012, 10:36 PM
Administrator
Owner
Elite Member
 
Boxer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: UK & Texas
Ferrari Life Posts: 15,131
Quote:
Originally Posted by copelandcf View Post
I am having a tough time deciding. I'd actually like to drive a 355 first. Those were new when I was in high school and I loved them then. I know the power will underwhelm me and the maintenance on those is tough to replace the timing belt. But I think it could be a fun change of pace from the GT. I also would be open to a 360 modena. I have driven a 458 and loved it, but I know they are going to take a huge hit in the next few years and I typically dont buy cars that will do that. When they come down to the low 200's I'll consider it then. Either way, I think I can do no wrong. Any advice? Remember this would be my first prancing horse. I think it would be cool to earn some stripes and run up through the evolution.
Given your background and views on depreciation, a 430 Scuderia would be a good choice.
Boxer is offline  
post #11 of 11 Old 12-05-2012, 10:18 AM
Owner
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: LA/Dubai
Ferrari Life Posts: 132
Thank you kindly for the clarification.


I concur on the scud. Major depreciation has already hit on the scuds unlike the 458. I would think that the 355 might evoke some sort of nostalgia/long lost passion from your memories however I think you would be underwhelmed with the driving experience and that feeling of nostalgia would disssapear within a few short months.
PMCCHRIS is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome
Copyright 2012 ONE Media, Inc.
FerrariLife is independently run with no affiliation with Ferrari SpA
Ferrari for Sale | Maserati for Sale