Mosler calling it quits! - Ferrari Life
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old 11-17-2012, 07:39 AM Thread Starter
Owner
 
champagne612's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: St Louis
Ferrari Life Posts: 10,022
Mosler calling it quits!

“There’s always one or two people buzzing around but nothing ever happens,” he said. In the meantime, Mosler has listed all of his company assets for sale, including the automaker’s 45,000-square-foot manufacturing facility in Riviera Beach, Florida, replete with shop equipment and a working paint booth for $3.375 million. In the company’s best years, Mosler said he sold “10 or 12” cars a year, employing up to 40 employees at a time.
champagne612 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 12 Old 11-17-2012, 09:35 AM
Owner
 
212Export's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Europe
Ferrari Life Posts: 3,996
Quote:
Originally Posted by champagne612 View Post
“There’s always one or two people buzzing around but nothing ever happens,” he said. In the meantime, Mosler has listed all of his company assets for sale, including the automaker’s 45,000-square-foot manufacturing facility in Riviera Beach, Florida, replete with shop equipment and a working paint booth for $3.375 million. In the company’s best years, Mosler said he sold “10 or 12” cars a year, employing up to 40 employees at a time.
Uhhhh not nice, the economy is reaching out to grip anything...it seems. Gumpert in Germany just went broke a couple of weeks ago....Lotus seems to have deep trouble....they fired their CEO (the "bright" ex Ferrari kid)...its definitively a buyers market.
Here in Europe car sales seem to be in kind of a free fall.........who can blame the consumer....me NOT ! Thank you, thank you politicians. well done !

Present: 365 GTB/4, Scud
Past: 250 GTE, 250 PF (2), 275 GTBsn, 330 GTC, 456GT, 550, 360Stradale, 430Scuderia, F40, F50
212Export is offline  
post #3 of 12 Old 11-17-2012, 10:00 AM
Owner
 
Brian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Austin Texas
Ferrari Life Posts: 1,833
I had no particular affection for either but consider it sad it is so difficult for small specialized car builders.

I guess it has always been so though, even in the early days of the automobile. You could fill a small book with the names of car builders that have come and gone.
Brian is offline  
 
post #4 of 12 Old 11-17-2012, 10:25 AM
Owner
 
Join Date: May 2010
Ferrari Life Posts: 3,322
Brian, I read somewher the number is over 3000?

Of all the narcissists I know, I love me the most.
Killer58 is offline  
post #5 of 12 Old 11-17-2012, 11:35 AM
Administrator
Owner
Elite Member
 
Boxer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: UK & Texas
Ferrari Life Posts: 15,131
Mosler in the US has basically been shut down for about a year now.
Boxer is offline  
post #6 of 12 Old 11-17-2012, 11:58 AM Thread Starter
Owner
 
champagne612's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: St Louis
Ferrari Life Posts: 10,022
Quote:
Originally Posted by 212Export View Post
Uhhhh not nice, the economy is reaching out to grip anything...it seems. Gumpert in Germany just went broke a couple of weeks ago....Lotus seems to have deep trouble....they fired their CEO (the "bright" ex Ferrari kid)...its definitively a buyers market.
Here in Europe car sales seem to be in kind of a free fall.........who can blame the consumer....me NOT ! Thank you, thank you politicians. well done !
I think the uber wealthy have stepped up to jets yachts etc.

The next tier in the US has seen their home prices slashed and simply don't have the confidence in the economy to buy a depreciating asset.

Then you add the banks who won't loan like they used to with no money down.
champagne612 is offline  
post #7 of 12 Old 11-17-2012, 02:19 PM
 
karakal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: London
Ferrari Life Posts: 1,146
Thank Obama, soon the high end car makers will go to shit in the U.S.

My Flickr Account: http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

Take pictures for fun
karakal is offline  
post #8 of 12 Old 11-17-2012, 03:24 PM Thread Starter
Owner
 
champagne612's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: St Louis
Ferrari Life Posts: 10,022
Quote:
Originally Posted by karakal View Post
Thank Obama, soon the high end car makers will go to shit in the U.S.
Good to know Obama posts here ... look forward to seeing his response.
champagne612 is offline  
post #9 of 12 Old 11-18-2012, 12:07 AM
Administrator
Owner
Elite Member
 
Boxer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: UK & Texas
Ferrari Life Posts: 15,131
Quote:
Originally Posted by champagne612 View Post
Good to know Obama posts here ... look forward to seeing his response.
He does. He is also active i n the DC/VA/MD area group. He does post some very conservative opinions to try and mask his identity.
Boxer is offline  
post #10 of 12 Old 11-18-2012, 06:17 AM Thread Starter
Owner
 
champagne612's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: St Louis
Ferrari Life Posts: 10,022
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxer View Post
He does. He is also active i n the DC/VA/MD area group. He does post some very conservative opinions to try and mask his identity.
hahahahaha

champagne612 is offline  
post #11 of 12 Old 12-10-2012, 05:59 PM
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Between California and Japan, sometimes europe.
Ferrari Life Posts: 68
It's really risky and hard to introduce a machine like Mosler or Gumpert. It's this catch up game and
when you produce a very nitche interest machine is hard.

You lift, I accelerate.
Micky_likesredcar_noise is offline  
post #12 of 12 Old 12-12-2012, 11:26 AM
Administrator
Owner
Elite Member
 
Boxer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: UK & Texas
Ferrari Life Posts: 15,131
Quote:
Originally Posted by Micky_likesredcar_noise View Post
It's really risky and hard to introduce a machine like Mosler or Gumpert. It's this catch up game and
when you produce a very nitche interest machine is hard.
In the case of Mosler, the focus was very much on the race cars. Road cars were secondary. The impression I have is the business was set up and financed much more as a race team that built its own cars than as a commercial car company.
Boxer is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome
Copyright 2012 ONE Media, Inc.
FerrariLife is independently run with no affiliation with Ferrari SpA
Ferrari for Sale | Maserati for Sale