Brit teenager burns poppy + remembrance parade ruined - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 Old 11-12-2012, 08:22 AM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,146
Brit teenager burns poppy + remembrance parade ruined

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2012/nov/12/teenager-arrested-burning-poppy-facebook

Quote:
A teenager arrested on Remembrance Sunday on suspicion of posting a picture of a burning poppy on Facebook is being questioned by police.
The 19-year-old was held after the image of a poppy being set ablaze by a lighter was reportedly posted online with the caption: "How about that you squadey cunts".
Police said the man, from Canterbury, Kent, was detained on suspicion of an offence under the Malicious Communications Act after officers were contacted at about 4pm on Sunday.
The arrest provoked concern over a perceived clampdown on civil liberties, with the Big Brother Watch campaign group urging Kent police to drop their investigation.
Jamie's Pants, under @thisisrjg, tweeted: "We do not have a right to not be offended. We certainly don't have a right to lock up someone for offending some people," while Thom Lumley, tweeting as @Hotstepperrr, wrote: "Dear idiots at Kent Police, burning a poppy may be obnoxious, but it is not a criminal offence."

Has he no respect? Disgraceful moment man dressed as devil gatecrashed Remembrance Day service on a skateboard | Mail Online

Quote:
It is meant to be a day of solemn reflection on the sacrifice paid by those who fought and died for their country.

So many of those who lined the streets of Bristol were left outraged when a man dressed as a devil chose to gatecrash a Remembrance Day march to honour the war dead.

These shocking pictures show a masked man, wearing a pink corset and stockings, skateboarding alongside the parade of marching troops in Bristol today.

senseless. I know there are some military servers here, so my respect goes out to all of you and the ones that gave their lives.

My Flickr Account: http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

Take pictures for fun
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 11-12-2012, 07:15 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 3,322
As distasteful as his antics are, I fiercely defend his right to practice them.

Although I wouldn't be too broken up about it if some of my fellow citizens, who don't have quite the same obligation, have a chat with him out behind the station house....

Of all the narcissists I know, I love me the most.
post #3 of 13 Old 11-13-2012, 11:31 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,196
^ what he said.

Even though I find it repulsive that some 'church' finds it "god's will" to inflict pain upon the suffering [certain group here goes to fallen vet's funerals to state "it's a good/god thing"] I also understand those [motorcycle vets that protect the funeral] that express their 'chat' with them while doing so.

My deal is, he'll have to live with it tutu and all

Guide to the Galaxy: Don't Panic
Rik -- LAH !

Current:
Past:
1990 Mondial T Cabriolet SN 86247 : Red/Tan
1995 456 GT 2+2 SN 99987 : Roso Metalizzato [Fer 311/C] & Tan

post #4 of 13 Old 11-13-2012, 12:23 PM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,146
I agree with both of you, they both have freedom of speech.

But why don't we just drop them somewhere on the front line and see if they would repeat their actions a few years later at parade/respect icon

My Flickr Account: http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

Take pictures for fun
post #5 of 13 Old 11-13-2012, 06:54 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,354
Okay, someone fill me it? He burned a poppy, a plant? Maybe this doesn't translate well?

------------------------------

Life is Good!
post #6 of 13 Old 11-13-2012, 11:37 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 3,322
Poppy Day in the UK is our Veteran's Day. We wave our flag, they wear a red poppy on their lapels. It's a deeply respected national symbol.

Of all the narcissists I know, I love me the most.
post #7 of 13 Old 11-14-2012, 01:12 AM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,733
Quote:
Originally Posted by KKRace View Post
Okay, someone fill me it? He burned a poppy, a plant? Maybe this doesn't translate well?
Remembrance Day - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

post #8 of 13 Old 11-14-2012, 07:22 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 9,567
didn't i start a thread on this recently? UK scares me. people in the uk putting up with the police arresting them for what they say scares me more. WTF is wrong?

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #9 of 13 Old 11-14-2012, 08:51 PM
Master Mechanic

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,219
Is the law "retaliating" in response to the rioting that took place?

post #10 of 13 Old 11-15-2012, 01:56 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 562
Political correctness going too far, IMHO... UK has become so obsessed with PC such that in some area of London, it is not PC to celebrate Christmas and put up christmas tree in public area.

I agree the man in pink tutu is disrespectful and senseless, but this should not result in limiting basic human liberty. The restriction against that kind of behaviour has to come from one's own will.

Gus

Quit work - Get some stuff - Go somewhere - Have some fun
post #11 of 13 Old 11-15-2012, 11:04 AM
Owner
Elite Member

right there. the essence. come on people, don't sleep while your liberties are being taken!!! America was FOUNDED ON PERSONAL LIBERTY, NOT GROUP LIBERTY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amanderu View Post
Political correctness going too far, IMHO... UK has become so obsessed with PC such that in some area of London, it is not PC to celebrate Christmas and put up christmas tree in public area.

I agree the man in pink tutu is disrespectful and senseless, but this should not result in limiting basic human liberty. The restriction against that kind of behaviour has to come from one's own will.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #12 of 13 Old 11-15-2012, 11:06 AM
Owner
Elite Member

Individual rights and liberties should be protected from the group, not given up in the name of the group!

need i mention that there is no inalienable right to not be offended?

post #13 of 13 Old 11-15-2012, 02:07 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,392
Quote:
Originally Posted by amanderu View Post
Political correctness going too far, IMHO...
Completely agree.

Onno

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Future: No idea
Present: 458 Italia, 550 Maranello
Past: 365BB x 2,
330GTC

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode