Ferrari 1/18 - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old 10-27-2012, 11:50 AM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 507
Ferrari 1/18

On the spur of the moment, I wanted to post some pics of these (not all of them) from the Ferrari things of mine beside books, memorabilas and other stuff. These models have some really breathtaking details...

And my favorite one is CMC made 250 TR (#714):

"Seize the Day, putting as little trust as possible in the future" - Horace, Carpe Diem
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 10-27-2012, 12:17 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 11,856
Attila- Beautiful models. What scale are they and who makes them?

Taz
Terry Phillips

Present: 575M 135171
Past: Dino 246 GT 02984, 365 GTB/4 14009, 308 GTS 25125

Every day I look around, and if nobody is shooting at me, it is a pretty good day.
post #3 of 12 Old 10-27-2012, 12:42 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazandjan View Post
Attila- Beautiful models. What scale are they and who makes them?
All of them are 1:18 (approximately between 20-30 cms depends on which car's model), but here's a pic for comparing: (250 TR is around 218 mm, the second smallest model I have after the 166 MM and before the 375 Plus)

The manufacturers are: (By pics)

1. Kyosho 308 GTB Paris Debut Version (funny that the real PDV was just an 1:1 model, not a real car.) - Japanese

2. BBR 375 Plus Carrera Panamericana (1954) #19 - Italian

3-4-5. Hot Wheels Elite (the 166 MM behind the 458 too) - American-Chinese.

6. Kyosho 365 Daytona & Competizione

7. Kyosho 250 GTO Le Mans (and Elite 250 GT SWB California Spider)

And the 250 TR is CMC which is originally a German manufacturer.

Have got more, going to post pics of them in a few days.

For a little plus (375 Plus):

"Seize the Day, putting as little trust as possible in the future" - Horace, Carpe Diem

post #4 of 12 Old 10-27-2012, 12:55 PM Thread Starter

If you think I can make a short description sometimes about the manufacturers, with their stories, makings, quality, etc.

post #5 of 12 Old 10-28-2012, 03:51 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 106
Some pics
Attached Images

post #6 of 12 Old 10-28-2012, 05:19 AM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 9,567
I want that TR bad! not shelling out that kinda coin though. Had to stop my 1/18 ferrari collection at about 100. some really nice stuff you have there.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #7 of 12 Old 10-28-2012, 09:34 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wetpet View Post
I want that TR bad! not shelling out that kinda coin though. Had to stop my 1/18 ferrari collection at about 100. some really nice stuff you have there.
Thanks wetpet! My favourite 1:1 Ferrari is the '714 TR, so my biggest investment for the 1:18 CMC didn't hurt so bad, after waiting two years to get it. (Had never found a normal priced one on ebay before.)

The two other lucky ones were the black Kyosho Daytona and the Kyosho 308 PDV. Both are hard to find & expensive stuff too, but I got them deep under the average price.

post #8 of 12 Old 10-28-2012, 10:24 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 11,856
Attila- Thanks. Could have figured out the scale myself if I had paid attention to the thread title.

Taz
Terry Phillips

Present: 575M 135171
Past: Dino 246 GT 02984, 365 GTB/4 14009, 308 GTS 25125

Every day I look around, and if nobody is shooting at me, it is a pretty good day.
post #9 of 12 Old 10-29-2012, 03:52 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazandjan View Post
Attila- Thanks. Could have figured out the scale myself if I had paid attention to the thread title.
Never mind.

But here's a pic of the black Daytona, my other favourite nero Cavallino:

post #10 of 12 Old 10-30-2012, 11:37 AM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 9,567
Then you might appreciate this pic i took of 0714TR a few years ago when it was for sale. A truly magnificent car in person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GranTurismo View Post
Thanks wetpet! My favourite 1:1 Ferrari is the '714 TR, so my biggest investment for the 1:18 CMC didn't hurt so bad, after waiting two years to get it. (Had never found a normal priced one on ebay before.)

The two other lucky ones were the black Kyosho Daytona and the Kyosho 308 PDV. Both are hard to find & expensive stuff too, but I got them deep under the average price.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
Attached Images

post #11 of 12 Old 10-30-2012, 01:03 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wetpet View Post
Then you might appreciate this pic i took of 0714TR a few years ago when it was for sale. A truly magnificent car in person.
Grazie mille! Would like to see her sometime in the future, envy you!

post #12 of 12 Old 11-03-2012, 03:18 PM Thread Starter

Thought about translating one of my presentation from Hungarian, hope you'll like it! (Have always been curious about what I can figure out in English.)

HW Foundation 612 Scaglietti

To be more specific, the Pebble Beach two-tone one. Obtained it two years ago as my second 1:18 Ferrari in my starting collection. About 20 minutes and 100 meters after the first one. Where was it, where I could manage to get Ferrari models from several places? No it wasn't in a big shopping center where every level has its own modelshop, nope...It was in the middle of the Po-plain, in a small Italian town which seems rather peaceful from a distance.

But suddenly, the silence and peace replaced by Italian horses' thundering V8 and V12 engine, while the car enthusiasts are adjusting their seventh senses and scans the streets where could be those Cavallinos. Well, Maranello is really an amazing place. And yes, my current subject came home from a shop near the Gallerie Ferrari along with a vinaccia Foundation 250 GT SWB California. Since then, the Cali has already been displaced by the black Elite version.

So this faith is waiting for the 612 as well? No, not exactly but more of that later. Now let's see what Mattel created a few years ago. From a distance, the black&silver painting grabs the collectors which, let's face it, fits pretty well on the long-nosed GT. Little attention to the accuracy of the fuel filler's black Ferrari horse. Most of the makers ususally would forget it, but not now and here.

If we take a closer look, we can guess, not the joints will dazzle us. It doesn't seem so bad at the trunk lid, the black finish is a protective fact. I have no problem with this, all the more with the painted bulbs on the taillights. Viewed from a distance, it's not bad but getting closer...it surely is. The chrome exhaust pipes nicely harmonize with the secondary silver colour but a little more protruding than necessary. The logo looks a bit big. License plate frame is there, plate isn't. Maybe it's better...

From the front, the chrome grill seems a little bit gauche with the "hard-to-notice" emblem on it and with the pair of the headlights. Not the model's fault, not even the original was known by its aggressive visual appearance. But rahter for its elegance.

With these painted lamps, it doens't seem just gravel-blind, but the overall picture looks lifeless under the plastic. It also shows, that the makers were in trouble with the painting around the headlights...

I had to show you this because in one hand, it's a quite nice vignette sunk in teh carosserie, "like on the real one", so if they didn't measure the original wrong, than it's not leaning. Well, it's now achieved here. Nevertheless, up to a few mms, my mood immediately breaks when I notice the joint's orbital perfunctoriness and the consequently brought to light painting faults. I'd rather close my eyes.

Although the brake calipers don't rotate with the wheel and the discs are fake perforated, the rims are quite cools, so the overall picture ain't so bad. The small Pininfarina sticker was glued on by surgical accurate though it couldn't be just a simple operation.

At first, I thought it's window frame there. But than, I found out it is not...Although the joints aren't the best but aren't the worst. These are great after the one on the hood anyway.

On big arms, but silky opening. Just love it! Except the arms... Imitation of leather and lockstich can be seen, and it seems that the interior's colour combination is going to suit in my taste...

Well, yes. The Red and The Black. Pair of Stendhal. A single black interior would have been very bleak, but this combo protected it from this problem. Everything is on it's place, but nothing is too precise. The paddle shifters are too big compared to the size of the steering wheel. The pedals are painted, so they won't get lost in the darkness. Sometimes it is also a forgotten thing to do. Such as the belts. Hey, there are no belts in the car...clever...

Once again, those big-ass arms...Something like a bag was molded into the trunk about 3 mm high. Seriously, that shouldn't be there in this way...But at least, lockstich on the trunk lid's bottom.

Well, let's see, why does it have such a long nose...Cause of the 540 HP V12 engine placed in her! Though it's not the motore which I could been staring at from my collection. Again, not the model's fault, nowadays, Ferraris' engines are getting used to look like as a big red block. But there power and sound is still perfect!

So what has conceived in my mind while writing? Even if an Elite Sessanta comes to my collection, I won't let her go away, such like the 250 California. They'll fit well together with the mentioned Sessanta.

All in all, despite of her every faults, she is a lovable machine. Not a "must-have", but as someone have said it before, it's "nice-to-have". Nobody will regret if buying this HW version of the 612 Scaglietti.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode