Advice needed - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 Old 10-06-2012, 05:27 AM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 507
Advice needed

I have two years before graduating in my current technical highschool, but I was told about something in higher education.

First off, my original plan for the future was/is to get the mechanical basics in the highschool than an application to the Budapest University of Technology and Economics (BTU) on the mechanical engineering faculty. BTU is in touch with Audi and its factory in Győr so it would be a perfect opportunity to start an apprenticeship (and later working) there after the university with ME degree. It's a hard way to get through but I'm very committed about it and know what I want. It's another story what could be after Audi...(My dream would be Aston Martin or any other car factory where my work is to build up the whole V8/V12 engines by myself. One of my friend's acquaintance is working for Mercedes as a mechanical engineer [do not know what is his job exactly] and his salary per month is around 8000 euros.)

So that's the original plan.

But there's somethin' else what has made my imagination buzzing.

I heard about the Danish higher education which is free for every students for the EU. (My mothers two colleagues daughters are studying in Denmark) And the point is, that the Technical University of Denmark made me curious because they have mechancial engineering faculty with a lot of courses in English. DTU is good as the BTU but they have their positivums and negativums as well.

I've written down my thoughts about the one in Budapest but the education isn't free.

At DTU, I could build up other connections what seems very important nowadays, get interestig experiences, practice English a lot, and after graduation, I still would have the opportunity to find a job in the car industry but it's not as certain as it is in the original plan. And have to say, Denmark is a rather expensive country so beside studying I'd have to have a work for a living. In Budapest, I don't have to worry about it and would have a sure way to "fulfill my destiny", but I can't leave the thought of the danish way which isn't such a bad one.

So my question is, do you have experiences about studying abroad and what are your thoughts, advices?

I would really appreciate your comments!

[ Here is DTU's website: Technical University of Denmark - Research - Education - Innovation, DTU Mechanical Engineering courses

[And here is BTU's English one: Köszöntjük weblapunkon

Of course, my main target/goal is something like this, only difference is that the Cavallino's keys should be in my pocket... (and it can't be rosso. :PPP)

"Seize the Day, putting as little trust as possible in the future" - Horace, Carpe Diem

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode