2 up first time zl1000 ortega hwy - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 Old 08-26-2012, 06:38 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 862
2 up first time zl1000 ortega hwy

Hello, gentlemen, Im still all broken apart from the loss of my dog . but im living with it.Anyways ,Today was a beautiful day for a motorcycle ride. I had the pleasure of riding two up with Ms. Denise, on the ZL 1000 . After a somewhat lengthy freeway ride, I exited off the Ortega HWY, which I like to call the gateway to Gods country, seems he must of had motorcycles on his mind,when He made sure this stretch of road was thought up. I was not sure what to expect from the machine, while riding such a long distance,and with a passenger.Years ago her and I did a lot of two up riding on my ZX9 R. Just so happens , that she trusts my riding ability, and you couldnt ask for a better passenger.I didnt waste any time getting in the zone, cornering like a pro,and getting the most out of the machine. I was impressed with the 1ks stability, canyon carving with her on the back. Of course I had to ne
gotiate some multi car passes, to stay in front and take in all the beautiful scenery.At times, I was so inside the zone, that I forgot that she was on the back ..lol.. At the top on the hill,we had a great breakfast at the Lookout, over looking Lake Elsinore ,nice and warm and dry . Going back the other way on Ortega,I found myself riding with a little more pace, and fluency. I decided to take PCH all the way back to Huntington Beach, its always nice to go through Doheny, Laguna,and Newport Beach , along the Pacific Coast HWY . After a short goodbye, I headed back home to the South Bay. All in all, It was pretty cool. Ms.Denise seems to have the stones to give the Busa a try, I said its much faster than the ZX 9, that didnt seem to phase her,not unlike the few times we hit 100 MPH today.Anyways,I hope all you guys had a good weekend,and as the Eagles say," its coming on,the end of August, another summers promise almost gone"

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode