Why I voted Democrat - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 60 Old 08-09-2012, 04:44 PM Thread Starter
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 5,509
Why I voted Democrat

1. I voted Democrat because I love the fact that I can now marry whatever I want. I've decided to marry my German Shepherd.
2. I voted Democrat because I believe oil companies' profits of 4% on a gallon of gas are obscene, but the government taxing the same gallon of gas at 15% isn't.
3. I voted Democrat because I believe the government will do a better job of spending the money I earn than I would.
4. I voted Democrat because Freedom of Speech is fine as long as nobody is offended by it.
5. I voted Democrat because I'm way too irresponsible to own a gun, and I know that my local police are all I need to protect me from murderers and thieves.
6. I voted Democrat because I believe that people who can't tell us if it will rain on Friday can tell us that the polar ice caps will melt away in ten years if I don't start driving a Prius.
7. I voted Democrat because I'm not concerned about millions of babies being aborted so long as we keep all death row inmates alive.
8. I voted Democrat because I think illegal aliens have a right to free health care, education, and Social Security benefits, and we should take away the social security from those who paid into it.
9. I voted Democrat because I believe that businesses should not be allowed to make profits for themselves. They need to break even and give the rest away to the government for redistribution as the Democrats see fit.
10. I voted Democrat because I believe liberal judges need to rewrite the Constitution every few days to suit some fringe nutcases who would never get their agendas past the voters.
11. I voted Democrat because I think that it's better to pay billions for their oil to people who hate us, but not drill our own because it might upset some endangered beetle, gopher or fish.
12. I voted Democrat because my head is so firmly planted up my ass, it's unlikely that I'll ever have another point of view.

Capt. Pete
'79 308 GTS, '82 Jeep CJ7 Jamboree
"Time is what prevents everything from happening all at once."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 60 Old 08-09-2012, 07:54 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete04222 View Post
1. I voted Democrat because I love the fact that I can now marry whatever I want. I've decided to marry my German Shepherd.
2. I voted Democrat because I believe oil companies' profits of 4% on a gallon of gas are obscene, but the government taxing the same gallon of gas at 15% isn't.
3. I voted Democrat because I believe the government will do a better job of spending the money I earn than I would.
4. I voted Democrat because Freedom of Speech is fine as long as nobody is offended by it.
5. I voted Democrat because I'm way too irresponsible to own a gun, and I know that my local police are all I need to protect me from murderers and thieves.
6. I voted Democrat because I believe that people who can't tell us if it will rain on Friday can tell us that the polar ice caps will melt away in ten years if I don't start driving a Prius.
7. I voted Democrat because I'm not concerned about millions of babies being aborted so long as we keep all death row inmates alive.
8. I voted Democrat because I think illegal aliens have a right to free health care, education, and Social Security benefits, and we should take away the social security from those who paid into it.
9. I voted Democrat because I believe that businesses should not be allowed to make profits for themselves. They need to break even and give the rest away to the government for redistribution as the Democrats see fit.
10. I voted Democrat because I believe liberal judges need to rewrite the Constitution every few days to suit some fringe nutcases who would never get their agendas past the voters.
11. I voted Democrat because I think that it's better to pay billions for their oil to people who hate us, but not drill our own because it might upset some endangered beetle, gopher or fish.
12. I voted Democrat because my head is so firmly planted up my ass, it's unlikely that I'll ever have another point of view.
That's such a big stereotype not all Democrats are like that and support the corrupt system. Same could be said about Republicans who talk, but don't do anything productive. Unfortunately, both sides are acting childish and unless they can pull their act together this country isn't going anywhere!
post #3 of 60 Old 08-10-2012, 04:07 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 4,439
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speeder1991 View Post
That's such a big stereotype not all Democrats are like that and support the corrupt system. Same could be said about Republicans who talk, but don't do anything productive. Unfortunately, both sides are acting childish and unless they can pull their act together this country isn't going anywhere!
That's right. The country needs to have a grown-up discussion on a few topics and that doesn't seem likely to happen in the coming 5-10 years.

Personally I think the Dems are more right than wrong about 70% of the time....but that 30% are generally social engineering type issues and attempts at social engineering scares the bajesus out of me..... so I generally vote team red who while childish and rear sighted are still less scary to me.

post #4 of 60 Old 08-10-2012, 06:29 AM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 9,567
oh, it's going somewhere.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speeder1991 View Post

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #5 of 60 Old 08-10-2012, 09:23 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,193
I've NEVER been a registered repub, demo, or whatever party. Proud of it.

I'm proud to be a 'middle of the roader', where I think I can and do agree with many issues on both sides, but find it extremely difficult to understand either side as too polarized for me today.

and stero-typing neither helps the dialog but actually stifles it, all it does, for me is know who I am talking to, but hey, Pete, still like you

we both love Orientals [or am I stereotyping again.]

Guide to the Galaxy: Don't Panic
Rik -- LAH !

Current:
Past:
1990 Mondial T Cabriolet SN 86247 : Red/Tan
1995 456 GT 2+2 SN 99987 : Roso Metalizzato [Fer 311/C] & Tan

Last edited by Granucci; 08-10-2012 at 09:29 AM.
post #6 of 60 Old 08-10-2012, 10:36 AM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,990
Quote:

Ahhhhh, It's nice to see you American's suck at this too like the rest of the world...here I thought you guys had the perfect leaders to go with the perfect country.....LOL

P.S. Pete....don't ever let go of those guns.....I'm holding on tight to mine....seems to be the last thing we can have besides free speech....

~

Mario

1990 348 TS (87284)

“I build cars for young men that only old men can afford” - Enzo Ferrari
post #7 of 60 Old 08-10-2012, 10:56 AM
Owner

and that, Mario, is really the interesting segway to this 'dialog'.....such polarization and lack of ability to create a stable country have both sides feel this is some sort of fight of the ages and therefore would rather see the country into ashes than address it normally.

Hate to bring this up guys, but perhaps our finest hour cannot be dusted off. I mean even our 9/11 moment created divides to this day and possibly beyond. Does anyone truly feel the extreem right and extreem left will ever get warm and fuzzy?

Then again my perspective is limited and perhaps I'm getting too calloused.

Rik -- LAH !

Current:
Past:
post #8 of 60 Old 08-10-2012, 08:53 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,354
Quote:
I have to dissagree with number 8, the GOP is just as much a culprit on that one for sure. Carter gave amnesty first but Reagan wasn't far behind in doing it again since it worked so well the first time. Now they want to do it again to solve the problem. I guess they know most of us are too stupid to remember we already tried it twice.

As long as Fla is a swing state you aren't going to see either side do anything on illegal immigration. I tried for years to help the brother of a woman that worked for me get in the US from Sri Lanka. He was a very nice hard working person who just wanted a better life and obeyed the laws. Too bad he had to wait so long while others cut in front of him without regard to the law. Shame on anyone who would defend that. I'd like to see anyone explain to me why that is fair?

------------------------------

Life is Good!
post #9 of 60 Old 08-11-2012, 04:46 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,839
GUYS...It was a f***ing joke!

Lane

Previous owner of 348ts SS #64, Now Ferrariless
post #10 of 60 Old 08-11-2012, 05:11 AM
Owner

Of course but see how flat the joke went?

Rik -- LAH !

Current:
Past:
post #11 of 60 Old 08-11-2012, 01:08 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Granucci View Post
I've NEVER been a registered repub, demo, or whatever party. Proud of it.

I'm proud to be a 'middle of the roader', where I think I can and do agree with many issues on both sides, but find it extremely difficult to understand either side as too polarized for me today.

and stero-typing neither helps the dialog but actually stifles it, all it does, for me is know who I am talking to, but hey, Pete, still like you

we both love Orientals [or am I stereotyping again.]
Totally agree with you. Although I usually side with Democrats, I still think there need to be a middle ground because I'm really dissapointed at both parties right now who seem to be worried more about their interest and less worried about the people. It has become nothing more than a moral rhetoric and political cesspool now.
post #12 of 60 Old 08-11-2012, 08:35 PM Thread Starter
Owner
Elite Member

Well, I posted this because our current president doesn't know how to say no to anything. He can't look at the checkbook and say, "No, we can't afford it." He's popular among the less fortunate because he agrees to everything they ask for.
50 cents of every dollar I make goes to federal, state and local taxes. And there are millions of Obama supporters out there who think that I don't pay enough. America is a country that encourages you to be successful and then punishes you when you are.

Capt. Pete
post #13 of 60 Old 08-11-2012, 09:56 PM Thread Starter
Owner
Elite Member

yup
Attached Images

Capt. Pete
post #14 of 60 Old 08-11-2012, 10:06 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 10,022
Seriously - Mc Cain would gave been different because - you assume it?

I recall the Republicans voting for an increase in the debt ceiling - above what was requested.

Perhaps I missed something - but thought for sure there was a Republican cigarettes smoking guy that said - OK

Punished - the lowest tax rate in decades - again I must be missing something.

Romney runs on a campaign to defeat health care - yet it was his idea.

Now that's confusing - but not as much as going to war over WMD that didn't exist.

I too voted Democrat - but didn't dream about what if Gore won even though he won the popular vote.

Move on - complaining about what you can't control or compare is "what if" silly.
post #15 of 60 Old 08-11-2012, 10:13 PM Thread Starter
Owner
Elite Member

I'm not complaining about paying my taxes. The only way I can get out of that is to give up my citizenship which I am not really willing to do. What I want is for a President to reduce spending and pay down the national debt. Our president spends a trillion dollars a year more than we make and thinks nothing of it. When I grew up I didn't even know there was a number called a trillion. Any president that follows Obama will have a tough job because he's going to have to say no to all the shit Obama said yes to.

Capt. Pete
post #16 of 60 Old 08-11-2012, 10:19 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 10,022
Quote:
I'm not complaining about paying my taxes. The only way I can get out of that is to give up my citizenship which I am not really willing to do. What I want is for a President to reduce spending and pay down the national debt. Our president spends a trillion dollars a year more than we make and thinks nothing of it. When I grew up I didn't even know there was a number called a trillion. Any president that follows Obama will have a tough job because he's going to have to say no to all the shit Obama said yes to.
It takes congress to agree - which is run by the Republicans.

I don't like Obama's messed up check book in the slightest - but it's not just him.
post #17 of 60 Old 08-11-2012, 11:17 PM Thread Starter
Owner
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by champagne612 View Post
It takes congress to agree - which is run by the Republicans.

I don't like Obama's messed up check book in the slightest - but it's not just him.
Agreed. But why can't we just get someone in there to say "no". Why can't we get someone that will look at the checkbook and decide what we can and cannot afford? We just sent a rover to Mars. Great achievement. All the money I'll ever make in my life won't pay for that. Was it worth it? I'm paying into something that gives me a very poor return on investment. That is US taxes..

Capt. Pete
post #18 of 60 Old 08-12-2012, 12:20 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,738
Quote:
Agreed. But why can't we just get someone in there to say "no". Why can't we get someone that will look at the checkbook and decide what we can and cannot afford? We just sent a rover to Mars. Great achievement. All the money I'll ever make in my life won't pay for that. Was it worth it? I'm paying into something that gives me a very poor return on investment. That is US taxes..
Stating first that normally I do not lke to discuss politics (because I would get frustrated like you, Pete)....wtith that said, if this is a reply at all....

because they are all politicians and by nature that tis what they do. I do not recall of any statemen lately with guts and visions to manage a country. As a solace, Pete, this is not unique to the US at all. Maybe, just maybe the democracy and the free global trade is seein the limits ???

w/ smiles

Jimmy

Last edited by Italian Lover; 08-12-2012 at 12:21 AM. Reason: spelling correction
post #19 of 60 Old 08-12-2012, 04:27 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,839
So...we are going down the road of polarized political rhetoric instead of just giggling at the joke. Ok, I can play. I fear we are close to the end of a great run.

When the thirteen colonies were still a part of England, Professor Alexander Tyler wrote about the fall of the Athenian republic over two thousand years previous to that time:

A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves money from the public treasure. From that moment on the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most money from the public treasury, with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy followed by a dictatorship. The average age of the world's great civilizations has been two hundred years. These nations have progressed through the following sequence: from bondage to spiritual faith, from spiritual faith to great courage, from courage to liberty, from liberty to abundance, from abundance to selfishness, from selfishness to complacency from complacency to apathy, from apathy to dependency, from dependency back to bondage.

Alexander Tyler

Fasten your seat belts boys, we are in apathy approaching dependency. Really not going to matter which political party you vote for.

Lane

Previous owner of 348ts SS #64, Now Ferrariless

Last edited by Saint Bastage; 08-12-2012 at 04:50 AM.
post #20 of 60 Old 08-12-2012, 04:39 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,738
Lane,...I like that. In a nutshell, short, succinct.

w/ smiles

Jimmy

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode