Zl 900 really ??? - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 Old 07-26-2012, 07:17 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 862
Zl 900 really ???

Well, whats goin on gentlemen, these days. I dont really know myself, what the hell is, and what isnt anymore A.nyways, I cant even remember the last time I took the 900 out.I started it up a week ago, but thats as far back as I could recollect.All I can say, is that, its been calling out my name all week,and tonight I finally gave in to the urge. On my way to the hill, I was on PV drive north, and some lady tried to squeeze me out as I passed her on the left, in the left lane . I just kept going at speed ,until she finally saw me,then she got startled,and swerved to avoid hitting me, then, she leaned on her horn, as if I was at fault. I ignored it, and motored on.After the usual between, on and over the double yellow line, multi car passes,(of course with no reguard to what was oncoming, I just make my own mark and enforce it !!! (scarface ??) lol ) I just could not keep the pegs from grinding, along with the occasional tire slide. Again, I forgot to wear my flat track workboots, so I obviously couldnt go as fast as I wanted to, lest I ruin a good pair of boots. I just went as fast as I could. After I was over the hill, and all along the way, I couldnt help feeling really good about the way this beast is running . Its carburating pretty well, but it could always use improvment, but as long as Im happy, Im not going to screw with it. At the intersection of Hawthorne Blvd, I pulled off a sick black mark, tire burning,dump the clutch, 1st to 2nd gear burny, which had me sideways all the way through the intersection, with nothing but a smile from ear to ear across my face,as the ass end smoked !! I finished off the ride with opening her up, full throttle in 6th gear down a clean stretch of PCH, where I clipped the Ton plus 10. As I made my way home, I noticed that my tail light and blinkers were out. After opening up the fuse box, I couldnt find any blown fuses, so I thought the relay was bad. All It ended up being,was the relay being loose in its socket, seems the rubber band that holds the box to the frame was missing, not that it was ever there to begin with . I used a zip tie to anchor it back to the frame,problem solved. Brett

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode