True American Hero - Ferrari Life
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 32 Old 07-19-2012, 06:39 PM Thread Starter
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 9,567
True American Hero

The best advertisement for concealed carry laws.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 Old 07-19-2012, 07:35 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,132
God bless America. Too bad we can't get CCW in maryland
post #3 of 32 Old 07-20-2012, 12:10 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,112
Garage
No sure how to feel about that.

One I can't help but like what he did as I always cheer for hero's.

Two yes he did foil a robbery, so thats great.

But he barely missed two innocent bystanders to the left and right of the first person he shot at.

Things could have gone real bad real fast, glad this story ends well or your title might have been something totally different.

Night life........ain't a good life........but it's my life -- Willy Nelson

post #4 of 32 Old 07-20-2012, 07:18 AM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 11,856
He needed a larger caliber and those two would not have gotten up and scrambled around. .45s are nice. Lots of stopping power and subsonic round so it does not go through three walls and kill your neighbors.

Taz
Terry Phillips

Present: 575M 135171
Past: Dino 246 GT 02984, 365 GTB/4 14009, 308 GTS 25125

Every day I look around, and if nobody is shooting at me, it is a pretty good day.
post #5 of 32 Old 07-20-2012, 08:42 AM Thread Starter
Owner
Elite Member

exactly, by the way taz, my tag line does not apply to you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazandjan View Post
He needed a larger caliber and those two would not have gotten up and scrambled around. .45s are nice. Lots of stopping power and subsonic round so it does not go through three walls and kill your neighbors.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #6 of 32 Old 07-20-2012, 11:10 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,193
Quote:
Originally Posted by Night Life View Post
No sure how to feel about that.

One I can't help but like what he did as I always cheer for hero's.

Two yes he did foil a robbery, so thats great.

But he barely missed two innocent bystanders to the left and right of the first person he shot at.

Things could have gone real bad real fast, glad this story ends well or your title might have been something totally different.

that were my thoughts exactly. It could have been worse. He might have waited a bit for them to exit then start his ok corral routine....most cops or security types are concerned about peripheral damage and safety.

IF they had started shooting, THEN he could go Rambo.

What I see here is some old guy, who may just be the world's greatest marksman [thinking not], strugging to get his piece out and do the hero bit.

Not someone I would want about my family. Didn't seem to know the first thing about protection, just that he could pack and pull.

He may get the gun trophy of the year and NOT one from law enforcement but from the NRA

Guide to the Galaxy: Don't Panic
Rik -- LAH !

Current:
Past:
1990 Mondial T Cabriolet SN 86247 : Red/Tan
1995 456 GT 2+2 SN 99987 : Roso Metalizzato [Fer 311/C] & Tan

Last edited by Granucci; 07-20-2012 at 11:15 AM.
post #7 of 32 Old 07-20-2012, 01:00 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,839
Sorry Rik and Roberto...Yes it could have been worse. The thief's could have collected all in attendance and plugged them all. I doubt the older gentleman could have made it worse. In fact, I believe a bad situation was averted by his courage and gallantry. Punks like those would have no hope if we ALL carried.

Lane

Previous owner of 348ts SS #64, Now Ferrariless
post #8 of 32 Old 07-20-2012, 01:07 PM Thread Starter
Owner
Elite Member

funny, i want this guy around my family 24/7. I gotta be amazed at the limbs libs are willing to climb out onto to cling to their failed theories. He coulda done this, he coulda done that. Listen, the guy foiled a mass robbery and shot two assholes with ZERO problems. Give him the credit he is do. Stop talking about all the things that might have happened and celebrate the things that did happen. If more people were carrying in colorodo, fewer people would have died. Wish there were some guys like him there. Why do you guys leave your house in the morning with all of the things that could possibly happen to you? Or do you?

Wait till they started shooting??!! WTF? are you serious? I am glad i don't have people like you around my family. They could all be dead. Seriously, i hope i'm not being too harsh, but do you read your posts before you hit submit reply?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granucci View Post
that were my thoughts exactly. It could have been worse. He might have waited a bit for them to exit then start his ok corral routine....most cops or security types are concerned about peripheral damage and safety.

IF they had started shooting, THEN he could go Rambo.

What I see here is some old guy, who may just be the world's greatest marksman [thinking not], strugging to get his piece out and do the hero bit.

Not someone I would want about my family. Didn't seem to know the first thing about protection, just that he could pack and pull.

He may get the gun trophy of the year and NOT one from law enforcement but from the NRA

post #9 of 32 Old 07-20-2012, 02:28 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,193
Quote:
Originally Posted by wetpet View Post
funny, i want this guy around my family 24/7. I gotta be amazed at the limbs libs are willing to climb out onto to cling to their failed theories. He coulda done this, he coulda done that. Listen, the guy foiled a mass robbery and shot two assholes with ZERO problems. Give him the credit he is do. Stop talking about all the things that might have happened and celebrate the things that did happen. If more people were carrying in colorodo, fewer people would have died. Wish there were some guys like him there. Why do you guys leave your house in the morning with all of the things that could possibly happen to you? Or do you?

Wait till they started shooting??!! WTF? are you serious? I am glad i don't have people like you around my family. They could all be dead. Seriously, i hope i'm not being too harsh, but do you read your posts before you hit submit reply?
Shove your LIBS comments out your a**z -- I have access to probably more guns than you'll ever see...takes a couple safes for them all. Shoot quite often.

My wonder is:
Interesting. You have problems with security frisking potential hijackers of a plane or terrorists of a plane, to keep you safe, but get gramps out there with his peak senses and little known skills firing away and you are wanting him next to yours precious ones 24/7. Really?! Just like that? Remind me not to have you screen my job applicants.

You know nothing of gramps any more than I and what we both saw.

It turned out well so one in your favor's argument.

however, and of course we could speculate all day long....I wonder how it would be talked if he accidentally shot up a few, what, kids in the place or the thieves didn't scare easily and all hell broke loose?

He should have WAITED and PROTECTED. He decided to take chances.

I just don't trust every random person with a gun firing as I saw.

But I agree, we could speculate all day.

I stil say, law enforcement would have a hard time with this, but the persons who feel they have ultimate abilities would not. Imagination is a cruel lesson.

Guide to the Galaxy: Don't Panic
Rik -- LAH !

Current:
Past:
1990 Mondial T Cabriolet SN 86247 : Red/Tan
1995 456 GT 2+2 SN 99987 : Roso Metalizzato [Fer 311/C] & Tan
post #10 of 32 Old 07-20-2012, 04:00 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,146
He did a great thing, but why does he have a gun on him?

Is he going to face the police for this? Hopefully he doesn't he should of capped them more.

My Flickr Account: http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

Take pictures for fun
post #11 of 32 Old 07-20-2012, 05:27 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,839
While I won't call anyone names or make this personal I will try to impress upon my friends the idea that punks are counting our failure to resist. Do I think I will change your minds...No. But at least I said my piece

When a group of idiots is planning to execute a crime they think of all kinds of ways to establish control of the situation. Waving around lethal weapons is the easiest and usually the most rewarding way of achieving that goal. Those activities scare the crap out of most people and provide the very power the punks are looking for. They expect to walk into the place, establish authority, get what they came for and leave. The thought that they themselves might become the victims never enters there minds and is never therefore planned. The reaction to the Grandpa by the closest of the punks is absolutely priceless and in my opinion, expected when faced with this turn of events. He was immediately shaken, confused on showed his true cowardess in the face his loss of authority.

Questions regarding the mans authority and capability confuse me. By my view, he was not some pistol packing buckaroo but rather an employee(?) sitting at his desk. He did not fumble nor struggle to obtain his weapon but rather drew it confidently and with purpose. Nor do I think he barely missed anyone. He handled the weapon semi-professionally suggesting experience with it. Nobody thinks the police could ever have handled this other than to collect the evidence after the fact.

My 2 cents

Karakal - he's in Florida where permits to carry concealed weapons work in tandem with your right to stand your ground. Both of these laws (or rights depending on your political alignment) are under heavy pressure due to the Trayvon Martin case. Lets not go in to that please.

Lane

Previous owner of 348ts SS #64, Now Ferrariless

Last edited by Saint Bastage; 07-20-2012 at 05:39 PM.
post #12 of 32 Old 07-20-2012, 06:25 PM Thread Starter
Owner
Elite Member

[QUOTE=Granucci;205847]
Quote:
Shove your LIBS comments out your a**z -- I have access to probably more guns than you'll ever see...takes a couple safes for them all. Shoot quite often.
Your statement is ridiculous on it's face. You have no idea how many guns i have seen. I feel confident enough not to start a pissing contest though.
in any event, your access to guns has nothing to do with my comments. They are indeed liberal.

Quote:
My wonder is:
Interesting. You have problems with security frisking potential hijackers of a plane or terrorists of a plane, to keep you safe, but get gramps out there with his peak senses and little known skills firing away and you are wanting him next to yours precious ones 24/7. Really?! Just like that? Remind me not to have you screen my job applicants.
In a word, yes. no need to remind you about the job applicants. won't happen. i don't work for people. people work for me.

Quote:
You know nothing of gramps any more than I and what we both saw.
yet, i'm not the one making up stuff about him. just going on the facts.

Quote:
It turned out well so one in your favor's argument.
nuff said

Quote:
however, and of course we could speculate all day long....I wonder how it would be talked if he accidentally shot up a few, what, kids in the place or the thieves didn't scare easily and all hell broke loose?
i wonder what would have happened if he shot one of the perps and he fell into a support pole and the whole roof fell in and killed everybody. I just don't post it.

Quote:
He should have WAITED and PROTECTED. He decided to take chances.
no, he shouldn't, waiting on someone pointing a gun at you, or anyone else, to fire is plain stupid. Shoot first, ask questions later in that situation.

Quote:
I just don't trust every random person with a gun firing as I saw.
I saw a guy take his stance, cradle the gun, aim and fire. I would trust him after that performance.

Quote:
But I agree, we could speculate all day.
you can speculate all day. i can't

Quote:
I stil say, law enforcement would have a hard time with this, but the persons who feel they have ultimate abilities would not. Imagination is a cruel lesson.
[

you can say what you want. Perfectly legal and proper. The police have no say whatsoever and i couldn't care less what they say/QUOTE]

post #13 of 32 Old 07-20-2012, 06:36 PM Thread Starter
Owner
Elite Member

he likely has a concealed carry permit. Many states, including florida, allow their resposible citizens to carry concealed weapons with a minimum of hassle. Some states allow anyone to carry weapons openly without a permit. The state next to me, virginia, allows this. You can walk into a bar in virginia with a loaded glock on your hip without a permit. The proprietor may ask you to leave, but it's legal.
Unfortunately, maryland, where i live is an incredibly liberal state and it is now virtually impossible to obtain a carry permit. Hopefully this will change soon as the state was taken to the supreme court. all the states around me(except dc) have liberal(!) permit laws.

QUOTE=karakal;205853]He did a great thing, but why does he have a gun on him?

Is he going to face the police for this? Hopefully he doesn't he should of capped them more.[/QUOTE]

post #14 of 32 Old 07-20-2012, 10:08 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 139
Every state that I am aware of in which a person can obtain a CCW requires a class prior to receiving that permit. Part of the class is about WHEN to shoot, and part of it is about HOW to shoot. Both are very important, and Gramps seems to have been listening well. HE responded timely and effectively.
Someone asked "Why was he carrying?"
Who cares? It's none of my business why; but I'm sure glad he was. But we COULD play a guessing-game: maybe he was carrying because he's seen too many punks get away with $h!t like this before. ??

And I'll ask the question to which don't really know the answer, but have a suspicion: How many times do we hear about a CCW permit-holder who is packing heat who draws to foil a crime and accidentally injures others in the process?

yeah... I've never heard of it happening either. So the "could have" argument is pretty thin to begin with.
post #15 of 32 Old 07-21-2012, 05:36 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,094
As I see it Granpa was not spraying bullets he was aiming at the scum and shooting at them.

I am almost positive that next time round that scum will re consider carefully prior to engaging in unsociable behaviour.
post #16 of 32 Old 07-21-2012, 05:40 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 10,022
[QUOTE=Granucci;205847]Shove your LIBS comments out your a**z -- I have access to probably more guns than you'll ever see...takes a couple safes for them all. Shoot quite often.

He can't help himself - loves to justify his political beliefs to cast a net onto others.

I also have plenty of guns - but agree with Terry as the right weapon along with the right bullets should be the first step.

My guess given his stance when he took the first few shots he has training but went batsh*t as he started running and firing.

FWIW - Heroes don't shoot people in the back.

As far as our local law - the older gentlemen could be up for prosecution especially if he hit someone besides the thief.

You are allowed a few shots - which is why stopping power is so important but to run thru the store and continue to put innocent lives at risk is not the smartest move but I do love his spirit - could have ended with innocent people shot.

Last edited by champagne612; 07-21-2012 at 05:53 AM.
post #17 of 32 Old 07-21-2012, 05:47 AM
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by a1exander View Post
As I see it Granpa was not spraying bullets he was aiming at the scum and shooting at them.

I am almost positive that next time round that scum will re consider carefully prior to engaging in unsociable behaviour.
Running with a gun and shooting in a crowded facility is whacked.

I am all for shooting a thief and standing your ground - but chasing them thru the facility then firing into the street was just insane.

I have only been in one instance where shooting took place - the sooner the guns are holstered the better - especially when the situation has been diffused.
post #18 of 32 Old 07-21-2012, 06:35 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,094
Doug at 71 that is all about the testosterone he will get to use.

I agree with the door shooting and the possibility of a ricochet hitting an innocent bystander.
What I equally find humorous is that he was pointing at them and not hitting them.....clearly eye sight deteriorates at a faster pace than testosterone.
post #19 of 32 Old 07-21-2012, 07:19 AM
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by a1exander View Post
Doug at 71 that is all about the testosterone he will get to use.

I agree with the door shooting and the possibility of a ricochet hitting an innocent bystander.
What I equally find humorous is that he was pointing at them and not hitting them.....clearly eye sight deteriorates at a faster pace than testosterone.
Isn't that crazy - shows that the best home defense weapon is a shot gun.
post #20 of 32 Old 07-22-2012, 06:43 AM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,990
I shoot IPSC and during regular range shooting with non IPSC shooters, you can tell that some are dangerous and some would be heroes in the same situation.

Getting a CCW in the US is as easy as buying a pack of smokes. I'm Canadian and I have a Utah CCW....all I had to do was sit in a class for 3 hours.....where 2 of those hours were what to say when cops arrive and what to say if a paramedic checks you out so they don’t book you in for being a Dirty Harry trying to clean up the streets.

One thing we were taught by this US Police Officer of 20 years who was teaching the course was shoot to kill and carry a caliber to do it. His response was you don’t want someone to bring you to court for being shot or worst, not be hurt enough and start shooting back. He said two shots to the chest with a .45 to bring someone down is a lot easier than a full gunfight where everyone is reloading a few times and bullets are flying everywhere. He also said to keep shooting until they stop moving. After the course we even got a cheat sheet page to read to keep at home on what to say and all.

But I can tell you one thing, that old man, every time he stopped shooting; he raised his gun for safety.....and never pointed it at anyone else even when he moved his body. Then when needed to shoot again reacquired his target....and again after shooting kept him muzzle in a safe direction.

I agree on having CCW laws but there should be some examination to see if someone CAN shoot. My course we didn’t get any gun handling or training. But then again, the course was given to top shooters to a hand pick selected few.

There will always be the yes and no arguments on this. To me it’s like driving a car…..you get tested. I think Florida has the best laws for this. Again some will want to dispute everything….

~

Mario

1990 348 TS (87284)

“I build cars for young men that only old men can afford” - Enzo Ferrari
Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode