ed and doug duke it out - Ferrari Life
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 37 Old 06-26-2012, 02:31 PM Thread Starter
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 9,567
ed and doug duke it out

the system you describe is called anarchy. has never worked anywhere in the history of the world. (see occupy wall street) Doubt it will be a system that andrew will be willing to put in place. There will ALWAYS be someone with power over you doug. in every aspect of your life as long as you live. whether you believe it or not.

even if there were no mods (not really possible anyway), andrew would still have power over everybody here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by champagne612 View Post
But it is exactly the point I am making here - give anyone power over another and it most likely leads to corruption which deviates from what everyone here has posted - let the forum take care of itself.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 37 Old 06-26-2012, 05:04 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 10,022
Quote:
Originally Posted by wetpet View Post
the system you describe is called anarchy. has never worked anywhere in the history of the world. (see occupy wall street) Doubt it will be a system that andrew will be willing to put in place. There will ALWAYS be someone with power over you doug. in every aspect of your life as long as you live. whether you believe it or not.

even if there were no mods (not really possible anyway), andrew would still have power over everybody here.
It's the system many have described - but you come after me.

You now show what you do best with some off the wall bs personal assertion.

No one has power over me or anyone else unless they allow it - but that's really more your problem to solve than mine.

Everything I know is wrong

Last edited by champagne612; 06-26-2012 at 05:16 PM.
post #3 of 37 Old 06-26-2012, 05:15 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 5,509
Quote:
No one and I mean no one has power over me or anyone else unless they allow it.

Spoken like a mod Ed that doesn't want his power taken away - it's a forum Ed where plenty of people here know me and you only believe you do - big difference might want to ask a few that know me.
Doug, Ed's right. Nobody has power over you but Andrew just has the power to shut us all up by hitting his Ferrari Life button that says, "OFF". Will your life change? No. Not a lot. I know my life wouldn't change. You just click somewhere else on the computer thingy. The point is that we are all here because we are friends and share a common interest. Not just Ferraris but other things as well and sometimes we disagree. Sometimes we have fun arguing, sometimes we don't. Everybody just be cool and don't take anything as being personal.

Capt. Pete
'79 308 GTS, '82 Jeep CJ7 Jamboree
"Time is what prevents everything from happening all at once."

post #4 of 37 Old 06-26-2012, 05:27 PM Thread Starter
Owner
Elite Member

factually incorrect my friend. many people have power over you (and me), whether you like to admit it or not. Whether you "allow" it or not.

Quote:
No one has power over me or anyone else unless they allow it -

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #5 of 37 Old 06-26-2012, 05:30 PM
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete04222 View Post
Doug, Ed's right. Nobody has power over you but Andrew just has the power to shut us all up by hitting his Ferrari Life button that says, "OFF". Will your life change? No. Not a lot. I know my life wouldn't change. You just click somewhere else on the computer thingy. The point is that we are all here because we are friends and share a common interest. Not just Ferraris but other things as well and sometimes we disagree. Sometimes we have fun arguing, sometimes we don't. Everybody just be cool and don't take anything as being personal.
Peter

Power is defined by political scientists which I believe applies here as an ability to influence the behavior of others with or without resistance.

Andrew in no way influences me nor does anyone else unless I allow it.

Fact is I could pick up and leave here and post at another forum just as many others here do - which I do not but it's certainly shows that power is of no consequence.
post #6 of 37 Old 06-26-2012, 05:31 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Quote:
Curious - does it ever cross your mind that you being a mod holds this forum back?
I don't think Ed is holding this forum back. I think he adds to it. I enjoy his posts. Sometimes you might think he is an asshole. Sometimes I think he is an asshole. I'm sure his wife and kids sometimes think he is an asshole. Mostly I think he's a good guy that shares most of my views and likes the same things. But will disagree with me when he thinks I'm being an asshole. Cool. We understand each other.

As for holding this forum back, what is meant by holding it back? Where is it supposed to go? It is growing and people like it.

Capt. Pete
post #7 of 37 Old 06-26-2012, 05:42 PM Thread Starter
Owner
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by champagne612
Curious - does it ever cross your mind that you being a mod holds this forum back?
must have missed this post. if the question was directed at me, no. it never crossed my mind that i am holding this forum back by being a mod. In fact, i think it helps this forum out that you and others are not bombarded by spam. Since that is pretty much the extent to which i use my power over you , it never crossed my mind.

Would you like more spam? is that what this forum needs to move forward?

post #8 of 37 Old 06-26-2012, 05:45 PM
Owner

Quote:
must have missed this post. if the question was directed at me, no. it never crossed my mind that i am holding this forum back by being a mod. In fact, i think it helps this forum out that you and others are not bombarded by spam. Since that is pretty much the extent to which i use my power over you , it never crossed my mind.

Would you like more spam? is that what this forum needs to move forward?
Ed

IMO - you are spam.

But everything I know is wrong.
post #9 of 37 Old 06-26-2012, 05:45 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Quote:
Peter

Power is defined by political scientists which I believe applies here as an ability to influence the behavior of others with or without resistance.

Andrew in no way influences me nor does anyone else unless I allow it.

Fact is I could pick up and leave here and post at another forum just as many others here do - which I do not but it's certainly shows that power is of no consequence.
Correct. I agree with you. The reason we haven't left here is because we still like it here.

I enjoy these discussions. Don't forget that I work in a communist country so when you want to talk about politics, power and influence I'm pretty much immersed in it. I'll discuss it but I really don't take it quite as seriously on an internet forum.

Capt. Pete
post #10 of 37 Old 06-26-2012, 05:46 PM Thread Starter
Owner
Elite Member

only when i let you!

Quote:
Ed I have power over you - isn't that what is really bothering you?

post #11 of 37 Old 06-26-2012, 05:47 PM Thread Starter
Owner
Elite Member

i'd like to go on record as stating that my wife and family adore me at all times.

Quote:
I don't think Ed is holding this forum back. I think he adds to it. I enjoy his posts. Sometimes you might think he is an asshole. Sometimes I think he is an asshole. I'm sure his wife and kids sometimes think he is an asshole. Mostly I think he's a good guy that shares most of my views and likes the same things. But will disagree with me when he thinks I'm being an asshole. Cool. We understand each other.

As for holding this forum back, what is meant by holding it back? Where is it supposed to go? It is growing and people like it.

post #12 of 37 Old 06-26-2012, 05:49 PM Thread Starter
Owner
Elite Member

might want to roll the tape back about a year before you got here! I'm a legend grasshopper!!!

Quote:
If you believe the growth is from Ed - then that is your belief and I will not question it.

Might want to check tape

post #13 of 37 Old 06-26-2012, 05:51 PM
Owner

Quote:
only when i let you!
Ed this forum means something to me as it does you.

At the end of the day all your friends followed you from over there to over here and my friends did the same.

If you feel threatened by me I will leave - just say the word one more change isn't going to effect me like it would you.
post #14 of 37 Old 06-26-2012, 05:52 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Quote:
If you believe the growth is from Ed - then that is your belief and I will not question it.

Might want to check tape
I didn't say Ed caused the growth of the forum. I think it would have grown with or without him. I said he adds to the forum. As I believe I do and you do. You want the grass to grow greener? Add a little fertilizer. The 3 of us have plenty of that.

Capt. Pete
post #15 of 37 Old 06-26-2012, 05:53 PM
Owner

Quote:
might want to roll the tape back about a year before you got here! I'm a legend grasshopper!!!
Whatever you need to feel better about yourself is OK by me.

It's an internet forum - wanna taste of reality?
post #16 of 37 Old 06-26-2012, 05:55 PM
Owner

Quote:
I didn't say Ed caused the growth of the forum. I think it would have grown with or without him. I said he adds to the forum. As I believe I do and you do. You want the grass to grow greener? Add a little fertilizer. The 3 of us have plenty of that.
Pete ... I appreciate your thoughts and posts.

All the Best!
post #17 of 37 Old 06-26-2012, 06:01 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Quote:
Pete ... I appreciate your thoughts and posts.

All the Best!
Same here Doug. Good on you Buddy!!

Capt. Pete
post #18 of 37 Old 06-26-2012, 06:02 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Quote:
i'd like to go on record as stating that my wife and family adore me at all times.

Capt. Pete
post #19 of 37 Old 06-26-2012, 06:07 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 3,340
what the hell is going on here?!?!?

Attached Images

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollsorferrari? View Post
Chas, you sir, are a genius.
post #20 of 37 Old 06-26-2012, 06:08 PM Thread Starter
Owner