Neil Armstrong's '67 Vette For Sale - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 Old 05-04-2012, 08:18 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,008
Neil Armstrong's '67 Vette For Sale

Well, there's Space Junk, and then there's the car owned by the First Man on The Moon...

Chevrolet : Corvette Chevrolet : Corvette | eBay

post #2 of 13 Old 05-04-2012, 08:48 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,094
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neonzapper View Post
Well, there's Space Junk, and then there's the car owned by the First Man on The Moon...

Chevrolet : Corvette Chevrolet : Corvette | eBay
Although with the bid presently at $250 000 I fail to see where the value may be.
Clearly I miss the point.
post #3 of 13 Old 05-04-2012, 11:02 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,193
The car was given to him by a dealership, where after an appropriate amount of time he sold it to another NASA employee. Neil's butt prints have long vanished and there lies[sic] the value.

Other than a total workover to recover the badly kept example or the particular desire for the car it's provenance is limited and NOT worth that sticker price IMO.

Though, I have to admit I would love to own anything touched by such a historic person as one of the few who walked on a object everyone at one time or another has seen in our human event. Quite astounding when you think in that term.

Guide to the Galaxy: Don't Panic
Rik -- LAH !

Current:
Past:
1990 Mondial T Cabriolet SN 86247 : Red/Tan
1995 456 GT 2+2 SN 99987 : Roso Metalizzato [Fer 311/C] & Tan

post #4 of 13 Old 05-04-2012, 10:26 PM
Owner

Call me peculiar I have however never seen the value in some "famous person" having owned a car and a premium being attached to the car for said ownership.

At the end of the game the King Queen Bishop and pawn all go back into the same box.
post #5 of 13 Old 05-06-2012, 11:04 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,833
I am about as big a fan of Niel Armstrong as there is but come on. I can see a premiun but not $200,000 worth.

If it was not for ownership history that car is almost at parts car status.
post #6 of 13 Old 05-06-2012, 12:54 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 9,567
what is wrong with people? no historical significance to this car at all. 200k to tell your buddies armstrong owned it? hey, it's their money but there are people starving in africa (at least that's what my mom always said, never been there).

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #7 of 13 Old 05-06-2012, 01:02 PM
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by wetpet View Post
what is wrong with people? no historical significance to this car at all. 200k to tell your buddies armstrong owned it? hey, it's their money but there are people starving in africa (at least that's what my mom always said, never been there).
Best you listen to what Momma said for it is the truth.
What Momma may have ommited to tell you was that the politicians never starved although they often times were the cause of starvation.
post #8 of 13 Old 05-06-2012, 03:51 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 10,022
The guy pursues the car for 30 years - only to immediately flip it on e-bay and calling it the ultimate barn find.

FF 16M Speciale
Lamborghini SV Roadster
Carrera GT GT3RS Viper ACR
Bentayga 69z28 Healey
post #9 of 13 Old 05-07-2012, 11:00 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by champagne612 View Post
The guy pursues the car for 30 years - only to immediately flip it on e-bay and calling it the ultimate barn find.

Exactly, even if there's too much going on now to immediately follow up on the planned restoration, why wouldn't you sit on it for a little while and see if the things change. Of course that assumes that the pursuit was based on the desire to own and restore rather than flip it.

Corvettes have never really appealed to me so the price for this one in it's current condition, even given the lineage, seems a bit rediculous. I'm thinking he bought it 30 years ago and is the one who screwed with the fender flares. And who keeps a car in a climate controlled environment and still let's it go to hell? Should have saved on the electricity. I've seen cars in better shape that actually spent 30 years in a barn.
post #10 of 13 Old 05-07-2012, 07:29 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 10,022
Quote:
Originally Posted by kulferrari View Post
Exactly, even if there's too much going on now to immediately follow up on the planned restoration, why wouldn't you sit on it for a little while and see if the things change. Of course that assumes that the pursuit was based on the desire to own and restore rather than flip it.

Corvettes have never really appealed to me so the price for this one in it's current condition, even given the lineage, seems a bit rediculous. I'm thinking he bought it 30 years ago and is the one who screwed with the fender flares. And who keeps a car in a climate controlled environment and still let's it go to hell? Should have saved on the electricity. I've seen cars in better shape that actually spent 30 years in a barn.
LOL

The e-bay seller is such a con man it's amazing - yet someone with 250k is buying it.

FF 16M Speciale
Lamborghini SV Roadster
Carrera GT GT3RS Viper ACR
Bentayga 69z28 Healey
post #11 of 13 Old 05-08-2012, 06:29 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,875
Wow.... that's pretty rough.... Might as well be space junk. All that's missing are some dead mice and remains of their nests.

When I see cars like this though I'm always reminded of the Seinfeld episode when George buys John Voight's Chrysler Lebaron....

Current: 85' GTS QV
It's a simple process...... it's just complicated by human beings....
post #12 of 13 Old 05-08-2012, 07:40 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,354
Quote:
Originally Posted by barcheta View Post
Wow.... that's pretty rough.... Might as well be space junk. All that's missing are some dead mice and remains of their nests.

When I see cars like this though I'm always reminded of the Seinfeld episode when George buys John Voight's Chrysler Lebaron....
I would love to own John Voight's Lebaron!

------------------------------

Life is Good!
post #13 of 13 Old 05-08-2012, 12:36 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by KKRace View Post
I would love to own John Voight's Lebaron!
Based upon my current analysis of the bid for Neil Armstrong's Corvette, John Voight's Lebaron would be an even trade for an Enzo.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode