Low Millage 04784 km or really 104784 km??
On May 21, 2010 I bought a 1989 Ferrari 412 with odometer at 04784. Carfax had 3,460 km in 1991, 4,555 in 1997 From 2001 to 2010 garaged in Florida by owner in Greenich, Conn. Car was very clean in and under car, excellant paint, new ignition cables, new radiator hoses and new tires.
I exspected rubber and plastic to fail but mechanical parts to be in good shape.
1) Power steering belts - rubber
1) Truck closer - plastic
2) Gas door motor, plastic plunger broke.
3) Radiator expansion tank - rusted out from inside
4) Double clutch - assumed failure due to privious bad driver technique
Then things I did not think would fail failed
5) Clutch cable - Dec 2011
6) Power steering pump. April 2012
With Ferrari's five digit odometer I begain to think it had 104,784 km
Is there any way to tell more exactly? Compression test?