IQ Test - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 Old 04-20-2012, 03:01 PM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 590
IQ Test

I was on MSN and saw some celebrity IQ scores and got curious what mine was found this test online:

IQTest.com

I thought it would be cool to compare our scores to those of famous people. I scored 129 which is higher than Ronald Reagan, Dwight Eisenhower, and JFK... and yet lower than Maddona. Lol

Celebrity IQs:
IQ Scores of Famous People Past and Present - a knol by Nicole Williams

Ciao Jules

Current Italian Bellas:
95 Alfa Romeo 164 LS, 1978 Fiat 124 Spider
Sometime in the Future: Red 308 GTS

Last edited by RossoVeloce; 04-21-2012 at 05:40 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 04-20-2012, 05:15 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,197
A cell number is required to get the results, and that's just begging for more text spam..... Thanks but no thanks

'99 550, Rosso Corsa / Nero, S/N:114654, Assy: 31836, Engine: 52084

High mileage, low compression, and missing on a few cylinders.....just like my cars.

Maranello Skunkworks Team Member
post #3 of 15 Old 04-20-2012, 05:43 PM Thread Starter

? I didn't have to give them anything to get my results. I'll just take the link down for the test then, I wouldn't have posted it if I knew they did that. I just clicked finish and I got my score.

Ciao Jules

Current Italian Bellas:

Last edited by RossoVeloce; 04-20-2012 at 06:10 PM.

post #4 of 15 Old 04-21-2012, 12:22 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,392
Link works fine Nathan.

My IQ is just above Adolf Hitler, Madonna, and Hilary Clinton. Excellent.

Onno

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Future: No idea
Present: 458 Italia, 550 Maranello
Past: 365BB x 2,
330GTC
post #5 of 15 Old 04-21-2012, 01:02 AM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,197
Odd, the first photo below is what I get at the conclusion of the test. Then if I try to bypass entering the cell number, or enter a bogus phone number, the 2nd screen pops up.

Onno I know you're outside the US; Nathan if you are too, and this program detects your IP's are outside the US, perhaps this is the reason you don't get this?
Attached Images

'99 550, Rosso Corsa / Nero, S/N:114654, Assy: 31836, Engine: 52084

High mileage, low compression, and missing on a few cylinders.....just like my cars.

Maranello Skunkworks Team Member
post #6 of 15 Old 04-21-2012, 05:32 AM Thread Starter

That's odd, it's totally different than what I get. I'm in the States so I don't think location's the problem. I'll add the link back since it worked for you, Onno. BTW, I found a place on that site that shows what the scores mean:
IQTest.com

I was just 1 point from gifted, so close yet so far! lol

Ciao Jules

Current Italian Bellas:

Last edited by RossoVeloce; 04-21-2012 at 05:44 AM.
post #7 of 15 Old 04-21-2012, 12:51 PM
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by RossoVeloce View Post
I was just 1 point from gifted, so close yet so far! lol
3 points from genius, my life in a nutshell. LOL.

Onno

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

330GTC
post #8 of 15 Old 04-21-2012, 01:14 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 4,348
Did it, but got this....

Your Complete Personal Intelligence Profile has been generated and can be accessed immediately for only $9.95.

You will receive a graph outlining your performance in addition to a complete written explanation about how well you did in each of the test's 13 individual IQ scoring categories. To see an example of what your profile will look like, click here.

To order, simply fill out the payment information below.

Payment is safe and secure!

We accept the following credit cards...

Visa
MasterCard
American Express
Your purchase of the Complete Personal Intelligence Profile will appear on your credit card statement as a charge from Autumn Group, Reno, NV.

alternate methods of payment

Ferrari's: 360 Modena, 550 Maranello
Ex's: Dino 308 GT4, 612 Scaglietti
The Rest: Rolls Royce Silver Shadow, Porsche 911 2.7s, Porsche 911 3.2 Carerra, Ducati 916... and the Land Rovers
post #9 of 15 Old 04-23-2012, 08:17 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 260
Hi All!!

A few quick notes about tests like these.

1. The listed IQs are rough estimates at best. Do not take them as concrete. Seriously, you cant imagine that a philospher who died several hundred years ago took an IQ test do you??

2. The list is inconsistent with itself. It lists several people twice with different IQ numbers and we are supposed to take this as a legitimate evaluation?? Seriously??

3. This list does not also give us the standard deviation. Or the normal range so we have no real comparitive scale to glean any useful information. A 15 or 16 point standard deviation is normal for the usual IQ tests, but you cannot draw that same information from an online test and expect to get anything worthwhile from it.

4. IQ doesnt equate to anything other than a measured potential. I know plenty of real genius level people who work in menial jobs because they arent living up to their potential - I am sure most of you do as well.

So, while I find it fascinating my background in education taught me a LOT about IQs and I have found them to be fascinating, but in the real work they dont amount to much at all.

PDG

Current Ferrari: 1985 308 GTS QV (58027) Metallic Black/Creme
post #10 of 15 Old 04-23-2012, 08:19 AM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 9,567
post #11 of 15 Old 04-23-2012, 12:35 PM
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayTA View Post
I know plenty of real genius level people who work in menial jobs because they arent living up to their potential - I am sure most of you do as well
You think most of us work in menial jobs? Well, thanks!

IQ tests say very, very little about human intelligence. As Stephen Jay Gould said - imagine we use 1 number to measure the quality of soil. How is that number going to tell us which plants we should grow in this soil? Now think of the human brain. It is millions of times more complex than soil. How are we going to capture the working of that brain in a single number?

Onno

330GTC
post #12 of 15 Old 04-23-2012, 12:59 PM
Owner

@Onno - I agree - you cannot put all of the variables into a single number.

PDG

post #13 of 15 Old 04-23-2012, 01:23 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayTA View Post
Hi All!!

A few quick notes about tests like these.

1. The listed IQs are rough estimates at best. Do not take them as concrete. Seriously, you cant imagine that a philospher who died several hundred years ago took an IQ test do you??

2. The list is inconsistent with itself. It lists several people twice with different IQ numbers and we are supposed to take this as a legitimate evaluation?? Seriously??

3. This list does not also give us the standard deviation. Or the normal range so we have no real comparitive scale to glean any useful information. A 15 or 16 point standard deviation is normal for the usual IQ tests, but you cannot draw that same information from an online test and expect to get anything worthwhile from it.

4. IQ doesnt equate to anything other than a measured potential. I know plenty of real genius level people who work in menial jobs because they arent living up to their potential - I am sure most of you do as well.

So, while I find it fascinating my background in education taught me a LOT about IQs and I have found them to be fascinating, but in the real work they dont amount to much at all.

PDG
I am almost finished with my phd in clinical psychology. I can tell you with certainty that these online tests are rubbish. I might add that the estimated iqs of celebrities are likely flawed as well.
post #14 of 15 Old 04-24-2012, 05:27 AM
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markp View Post
I am almost finished with my phd in clinical psychology. I can tell you with certainty that these online tests are rubbish. I might add that the estimated iqs of celebrities are likely flawed as well.

Completely agree 100%.

But it seems that the people who run the website use it to spam those who are gullible enough to take the test and offer more "insight" in exchange for your cc info. If you happen to NOT get the spam you are still getting bogus information about your intelligence level.

PDG

post #15 of 15 Old 04-25-2012, 09:06 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,354
Quote:
Originally Posted by wetpet View Post
is it bad that i'm dumber than drew barrymore?
Yes, but not no one on FChat is surprised

------------------------------

Life is Good!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode