Text Messaging from the iPad - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 04-13-2012, 11:17 AM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 386
Text Messaging from the iPad

Does anyone know of a good text messaging app for the iPad? I've already downloaded one, went through the registration motions, only to learn that it doesn't work - and I'm certain I'll be inundated with spam. I'd prefer to avoid this time-consuming and seemingly fruitless effort, so here's to hoping that someone here already has experience with a good texting app - and if so, I'm all ears!

I need an Aventador!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 04-13-2012, 12:37 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 97
Sir-
While I don't use ipad ( mines an android), I've done a little research and found only Yahoo email service that seems to work with both. I have friends who use it and I choose not to due to 3 friends who have had their yahoo email accts high-jacked and had misleading emails sent to everyone in their address book. If you find something more secure it'd sure be handy, bill
post #3 of 4 Old 04-13-2012, 03:04 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 100
The Messages app on the iPad will let you "text" other IOS devices. It doesn't send true SMS messages though so if you want to text someone who doesn't carry an iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch then you're SOL.

post #4 of 4 Old 05-01-2012, 03:41 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 97
Sir
Today I stumbled across a work around that should work for you on I pad. One of my crew sent me a picture using email to my tablet. His address showed as his phone number including area [email protected] or if no picture sent as his [email protected]. we are both Verizon customers but I'll bet that other cell phone company's use similar addresses. I was able to send and receive with him using text and myself using my email( he was using text address for sending to me after first time. Hope this is not too convoluted, someone smarter than I can probably do this easier. Bill

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode