Flying Car - Amazing! - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old 04-04-2012, 05:01 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 4,516
Flying Car - Amazing!

I know there are some fellow aviators that would love to own something like this!

PAL-V | Ultimate Freedom
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 04-04-2012, 05:07 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 4,348
Very cool, though I find it hard to believe the line "on the ground it drives like a sports car".

Looks more like a flying motorbike to me, but what a great concept for beating rush hour.

Ferrari's: 360 Modena, 550 Maranello
Ex's: Dino 308 GT4, 612 Scaglietti
The Rest: Rolls Royce Silver Shadow, Porsche 911 2.7s, Porsche 911 3.2 Carerra, Ducati 916... and the Land Rovers
post #3 of 12 Old 04-04-2012, 05:08 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,201
Awesome idea, it looks like a Carver with rotor blades, it even leans over like a Carver....I remember seeing Richard Hammond driving a Carver on Top Gear and thinking when that comes to the UK I'm buying one of those, then they dropped off the planet, any idea whatever happened to Carver guys?

Yesterday's history, tomorrow's a mystery, today's a gift.....enjoy every minute!

Current: California 30 Handling Speciale.
Past: FF, 458 Speciale, California 30, 599HGTE, Scuderia Spider 16M, California, F430 Spider

post #4 of 12 Old 04-04-2012, 06:04 AM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 9,567
why would you ever drive it? what's the range? doesn't look like it can hold much fuel.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #5 of 12 Old 04-04-2012, 06:12 AM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 3,320
I WANT ONE !!!!
So bad I just soiled myself.

Ed, you'd drive it to and from your takeoff point.

Of all the narcissists I know, I love me the most.
post #6 of 12 Old 04-04-2012, 09:04 AM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 9,567
it looked sorta like a helicopter. anyone know what is involved in getting it off the ground? looks like it took off and landed in a small space. wonder how hard it is to fly?

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #7 of 12 Old 04-04-2012, 10:21 AM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 3,320
It's a self-propelled Gyrocopter. The lift is supplied by a free-spinning rotor, and forward thrust is supplid by the little propeller in the back. They can take off and land in amazingly short distances.

To take off, you simply spin the rotor by hand and off you go.

They are very easy to fly.

Of all the narcissists I know, I love me the most.
post #8 of 12 Old 04-04-2012, 12:56 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 10,022
This was on our news the other day - supposedly they have enough orders to last a lifetime.

Cool factor - gotta have one!
post #9 of 12 Old 04-04-2012, 02:04 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,193
GyroCopter: VERY cool and want one. wonder what the pricing will be...his and hers as I see it as too bad there isn't a two seater for us.

Quote:
On the ground this slim, aerodynamic, 3-wheeled vehicle has the comfort of a car with the agility of a motorcycle thanks to its patented, cutting-edge, ‘tilting’ system. It can be driven to the nearest airfield and take off just like any other airplane. The single rotor and propeller are unfolded to make the PAL-V ONE ready to fly.
When airborne, the PAL-V usually flies below 4,000 feet (1,200 m), the airspace available for uncontrolled Visual Flight Rules (VFR) traffic; so there will be no interference from commercial air traffic. Furthermore, the PAL-V is powered by a very robust, flight certified aircraft engine. It runs on gasoline. It can reach speeds of up to 180 km/h (112 mph) both on land and in the air.
The PAL-V ONE has a very short take off and landing capability, making it possible to land practically anywhere. When not using controlled airspace, you can take off without filing a flight plan. Flying a PAL-V is like a standard gyrocopter. It is quieter than helicopters due to the slower rotation of the main rotor. It takes off and lands with low speed, cannot stall, and is very easy to control. The gyroplane technology means that it can be steered and landed safely even if the engine fails, because the rotor keeps auto rotating.

Guide to the Galaxy: Don't Panic
Rik -- LAH !

Current:
Past:
1990 Mondial T Cabriolet SN 86247 : Red/Tan
1995 456 GT 2+2 SN 99987 : Roso Metalizzato [Fer 311/C] & Tan
post #10 of 12 Old 04-04-2012, 02:31 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,127
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottish16M View Post
Awesome idea, it looks like a Carver with rotor blades, it even leans over like a Carver....I remember seeing Richard Hammond driving a Carver on Top Gear and thinking when that comes to the UK I'm buying one of those, then they dropped off the planet, any idea whatever happened to Carver guys?
The Carver guys went out of business, the company went broke. IIRC it had something to dowith bancruptcy of one of the investors. I could check for you as I know a guy that was involved in the project. But it's for sure they seized to exist....

Jeroen

Italian bella's:
550 Maranello 7-2000 nero/nero
1974 Ducati 750 Yellow Sport
1974 Ducati 350 Desmo Yellow Sport
2010 Ducati Multistrada 1200S
(And a few Alfa Romeo's and Range Rovers)

Power is nothing without control
post #11 of 12 Old 04-09-2012, 04:43 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 4,439
Another option just got regulatory clearance and made it's first test fight too it appears

Bottom Line - Car of the future has wings - and $279,000 price tag
post #12 of 12 Old 04-09-2012, 07:05 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 4,516
Given a choice for the two, I'd prefer the gyro copter myself. Killer and I are both rated fixed wing and helicopter pilots, but I much prefer the gyro copter option for safety reasons assuming I could auto-rotate and land it in a parking lot.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode