Preparation for the Future! Need your help, advice, and opinions! - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old 03-21-2012, 10:20 AM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 39
Preparation for the Future! Need your help, advice, and opinions!

As I get closer to retiring from the U.S. Army I find myself thinking more and more about what I'm going to move onto. So here's my background.

I am a Non-Commissioned Officer (NCO) having led over 40 men in combat. I am an infantryman and a paratrooper, which doesn't have any direct civilian counterpart. I have three years experience in human resource management, recruiting, marketing, and sales. This experience is from serving as an Army recruiter. I also have experience in operations such as maneuvering units up to 700 total men and planning rotary and fixed wing flights. I have served as the training NCO for my battalion, again 700+ men, and charged with their advanced training in multiple disciplines. I have also been trained and registered as an Emergency Medical Technician - Intermediate, holding an Army Combat Lifesaver card, CPR card, Advanced Cardiac Life Support certification, and a Pediatric Advanced Life Support certification. I have earned the Expert Infantrymans Badge, qualified expert with all weapons within a infantry rifle platoon, and have exceptional physical abilities.

I realize that most of my knowledge isn't going to land me a great position somewhere, however I feel that my Leadership abilities are in great need within corporate America. I feel that I am able to learn anything and perform any job better than most. I am eager, enthusiastic, motivated, disciplined, mentally and physically tough, intelligent, able to make on-the-spot corrections, and very much mission (goal) oriented.

I am ready to begin college, again, but I am unsure of what I should pursue. I have mixed emotions about a lot of civilian careers and really nothings jumps out at me. So this is where I am eliciting your help. Most of you are highly successful men and women so I'm curious based on my background what you all think I would be happy with. I love a challenge and deadlines are nothing new for me. I think it's worth noting that it is important to me that this new endeavor and subsequent career leads to earning 80k+ a year.

Thanks in advance to all respondents.

OIF 1, OEF 3, and OIF 8 veteran
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 03-21-2012, 11:14 AM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 11,856
Welcome to Ferrari Life. If you get a degree in healthcare, the sciences, math, or engineering, you can pretty much pick where you want to live and what type of work you want to do. As a veteran, you will also have preference for hiring in civil service positions, if that interests you.

Taz
Terry Phillips

Present: 575M 135171
Past: Dino 246 GT 02984, 365 GTB/4 14009, 308 GTS 25125

Every day I look around, and if nobody is shooting at me, it is a pretty good day.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode