Business "buzz" words
I imagine we all experience this one occasionally, that is to say hear meaningless verbage in meetings. I enclose a few below I have enjoyed recently. Anyone have any others?
“used my sales skills in an overindulgent manner on occasion”
- They meant they lied
“There was somefrustration.”
- I was absolutely furious.
“The legal agreement is splash proof.”
- The legal agreement will withstand a cursory inspection but may not with stand formal legal action.
- Distribute a report
"reshape our team"
- description of making a large number of staff redundant
"We‘flexxed’ our other relationships to extend us cash."
- we bullied our other banks for loans
“they strengthened their capital base and adjusted valuations.”
- They took a huge write-down.
And my favourite.....
- A promoter of a new product without asingle customer was described as "pre-revenue", optimistically implying that sales were inevitable