Motorcycle Racing anyone? - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 03-17-2012, 06:55 AM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 139
Motorcycle Racing anyone?

Does anyone besides me watch motorcycle racing? Are y'all following the Daytona 200 today?

Predictions?

Commentary on the EBR?

Or on the 206mph set by Roger Hayden on the Gixxer?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 03-17-2012, 01:32 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 4,348
Hell yeah. I watch every Moto gp round. Daytona 200? Sorry didn't know it was on.

Roger Hayden - he's Nicky's brother?

Ferrari's: 360 Modena, 550 Maranello
Ex's: Dino 308 GT4, 612 Scaglietti
The Rest: Rolls Royce Silver Shadow, Porsche 911 2.7s, Porsche 911 3.2 Carerra, Ducati 916... and the Land Rovers
post #3 of 5 Old 03-17-2012, 01:43 PM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry View Post
Hell yeah. I watch every Moto gp round. Daytona 200? Sorry didn't know it was on.

Roger Hayden - he's Nicky's brother?

SUNNUVA! ......
grumble grumble.

Europeans think American's can't ride... so they don't pay attention?

ok... I'm just kidding. Outside of "the Mountain"at Cadwell Park, I don't know much about the BSB either.

Yes, the Daytona 200. the only endurance race the AMA runs. it's at the famed Daytona International Speedway, on the same banking the cars run on.... which makes it lunacy on a bike.
I've only done the 200 once as a competitor. I think I'm still paying for that trip.

Yes, Roger Lee is Nicky's little brother, and Tommy is Nicky's older brother. Both are several-time champs over here in various classes.

But to be honest with you, when the France family and Daytona Motorsports Group bought the rights to AMA Pro Racing back in '08, they ruined the sport over here. they neutered the classes and jacked-up the rule-book. it's now more like Nascar with 2 fewer wheels. It sucks. Ben Spies got out at the right time. It'll be tough to produce world-class riders here right now, because none of the best want to race here anymore.

post #4 of 5 Old 03-21-2012, 07:44 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 35
I only have time to follow the MotoGP season, but I love it! Plus, Jason Pridmore lives in the house right behind mine. Funny enough, we don't lean over the back fence to talk to each other. Just trade PM every so often on Facebook.

1997 F355 Berlinetta, Rosso Barchetta
post #5 of 5 Old 03-22-2012, 05:49 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 4,439
Quote:
Originally Posted by maytag View Post
SUNNUVA! ......
grumble grumble.

Europeans think American's can't ride... so they don't pay attention?

ok... I'm just kidding. Outside of "the Mountain"at Cadwell Park, I don't know much about the BSB either.

Yes, the Daytona 200. the only endurance race the AMA runs. it's at the famed Daytona International Speedway, on the same banking the cars run on.... which makes it lunacy on a bike.
I've only done the 200 once as a competitor. I think I'm still paying for that trip.
I raced at Dayton back in '94 &'95 in the BotT series....it ended with an introduction to the grass outside of the horse shoe when the trans shifted into 2nd without first shifting out of 3rd locking the rear wheel......

After about 3 laps in practice I notice I was unconsciously rolling out of the throttle as the bike sank into the banking and my bike was only clocking 149/150 down the front straight, I can't even imagine it 50mph faster.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode