Champagne Bar - Do Stop In - Page 12 - Ferrari Life
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #221 of 359 Old 06-19-2012, 11:15 AM Thread Starter
Owner
 
champagne612's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: St Louis
Ferrari Life Posts: 10,021
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyIncognito View Post
I think they are, they just know that they can't do F1 AND LeMans prototypes at the same time and do both well.

Ferrari has put a lot into the 430/458 GT program over the last 6-8 years.
In the scheme of things the GT program is right in Ferrari's wheelhouse - almost everything comes right off the shelf.

Dealer and customer participation at the GT level is very active.

FF 16M Speciale
Lamborghini SV Roadster
Carrera GT GT3RS Viper ACR
Bentayga 69z28 Healey
champagne612 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #222 of 359 Old 06-19-2012, 11:21 AM
 
GuyIncognito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Ferrari Life Posts: 3,340
Quote:
Originally Posted by champagne612 View Post
In the scheme of things the GT program is right in Ferrari's wheelhouse - almost everything comes right off the shelf.

Dealer and customer participation at the GT level is very active.
I would wager that there's less than 50% parts commonality between a production 458 and it's racing equivalent (for example, the dual clutch gearbox in the road car isn't approved for racing, so they use a sequential 6 speed from Xtrac instead).

but GT is cheaper, and has more marketing sizzle to most customers/potential customers (since it looks like a road car), so I understand why Ferrari, Aston, Porsche, BMW, Corvette, Viper are all there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollsorferrari? View Post
Chas, you sir, are a genius.
GuyIncognito is offline  
post #223 of 359 Old 06-19-2012, 12:03 PM Thread Starter
Owner
 
champagne612's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: St Louis
Ferrari Life Posts: 10,021
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyIncognito View Post
I would wager that there's less than 50% parts commonality between a production 458 and it's racing equivalent (for example, the dual clutch gearbox in the road car isn't approved for racing, so they use a sequential 6 speed from Xtrac instead).

but GT is cheaper, and has more marketing sizzle to most customers/potential customers (since it looks like a road car), so I understand why Ferrari, Aston, Porsche, BMW, Corvette, Viper are all there.
How long before Viper has a Fiat engine?

The new Alfa engine will start popping up everywhere.

I will take the wager ... but willing to take a loss if you do the research - One Dollar

FF 16M Speciale
Lamborghini SV Roadster
Carrera GT GT3RS Viper ACR
Bentayga 69z28 Healey

Last edited by champagne612; 06-19-2012 at 12:10 PM.
champagne612 is offline  
 
post #224 of 359 Old 06-19-2012, 12:22 PM
 
GuyIncognito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Ferrari Life Posts: 3,340
Quote:
Originally Posted by champagne612 View Post
How long before Viper has a Fiat engine?

The new Alfa engine will start popping up everywhere.

I will take the wager ... but willing to take a loss if you do the research - One Dollar
I think the Viper will always have a V10 but I do expect that sometime soon it will be based on a Ferrari/Maser V8. which would be an improvement, the old one was based on a truck motor

and you owe me $1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollsorferrari? View Post
Chas, you sir, are a genius.
GuyIncognito is offline  
post #225 of 359 Old 06-19-2012, 01:07 PM
 
RossoVeloce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: East TN
Ferrari Life Posts: 590
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyIncognito View Post
same here. 333SP is one of my all-time favorite race cars.

I think a customer Ferrari LMP2 program would have been a huge sucess but I also think the time may have past for that. Prototype rules changing in 2014, would be great to see some effort from the Scuderia (even at a customer level) by then.
If Ferrari would start developing the car now for 2014 and not later they could have a possible class winner. Someone needs to challenge Audi in LMP1 since Toyota isn't quite there and to see Ferrari win Le Mans would be awesome. However, the F1 program would probably fall apart like you said.

Ciao Jules

Current Italian Bellas:
95 Alfa Romeo 164 LS, 1978 Fiat 124 Spider
Sometime in the Future: Red 308 GTS
RossoVeloce is offline  
post #226 of 359 Old 06-19-2012, 06:36 PM Thread Starter
Owner
 
champagne612's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: St Louis
Ferrari Life Posts: 10,021
Last weekend my daughter graduated!

One down one to go!

FF 16M Speciale
Lamborghini SV Roadster
Carrera GT GT3RS Viper ACR
Bentayga 69z28 Healey
champagne612 is offline  
post #227 of 359 Old 06-22-2012, 04:23 AM Thread Starter
Owner
 
champagne612's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: St Louis
Ferrari Life Posts: 10,021
Lebron James - MVP!

IMO the best athlete in the world.

FF 16M Speciale
Lamborghini SV Roadster
Carrera GT GT3RS Viper ACR
Bentayga 69z28 Healey
champagne612 is offline  
post #228 of 359 Old 06-22-2012, 06:41 AM
Owner
Elite Member
 
tazandjan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Ferrari Life Posts: 11,846
Doug- Right up there with Pujols for loyalty.

Taz
Terry Phillips

Present: 575M 135171
Past: Dino 246 GT 02984, 365 GTB/4 14009, 308 GTS 25125

Every day I look around, and if nobody is shooting at me, it is a pretty good day.
tazandjan is offline  
post #229 of 359 Old 06-22-2012, 07:36 AM Thread Starter
Owner
 
champagne612's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: St Louis
Ferrari Life Posts: 10,021
Quote:
Originally Posted by tazandjan View Post
Doug- Right up there with Pujols for loyalty.
LOL

Oh I strongly dislike the guy make no bones about that.

Athlete wise I have never seen better.

It's funny the press / fans love when there is s player like him - creates all sorts of excitement and controversy.

Reminds of the good ole days where McEnroe was having tantrums - best thing for tennis.

Can't blame a player like him for wanting a Championship - silly Pujols on the other hand just came off the best story in Baseball possibly ever and left for the money alone. Flip side of Pujols I don't think the Cardinals management had very much desire to keep him around.

FF 16M Speciale
Lamborghini SV Roadster
Carrera GT GT3RS Viper ACR
Bentayga 69z28 Healey
champagne612 is offline  
post #230 of 359 Old 06-22-2012, 07:51 PM
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: St. Louis
Ferrari Life Posts: 2,393
Quote:
Originally Posted by tazandjan View Post
Doug- Right up there with Pujols for loyalty.
Finally I venture out of the Midwest section - don't mention not liking Mike Matheny to Doug,

Well, hi everyone.
rollsorferrari? is offline  
post #231 of 359 Old 06-22-2012, 07:58 PM
 
GuyIncognito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Ferrari Life Posts: 3,340
Quote:
Originally Posted by rollsorferrari? View Post
Finally I venture out of the Midwest section - don't mention not liking Mike Matheny to Doug,

Well, hi everyone.
welcome to the jungle Scott

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollsorferrari? View Post
Chas, you sir, are a genius.
GuyIncognito is offline  
post #232 of 359 Old 06-22-2012, 08:02 PM
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: St. Louis
Ferrari Life Posts: 2,393
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyIncognito View Post
welcome to the jungle Scott
Do you guys have fun and games?

Who knows, maybe I ought to subscribe here, now that I find myself scrolling through this site more and more than the other one
rollsorferrari? is offline  
post #233 of 359 Old 06-22-2012, 08:05 PM
 
GuyIncognito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Ferrari Life Posts: 3,340
Quote:
Originally Posted by rollsorferrari? View Post
Do you guys have fun and games?

Who knows, maybe I ought to subscribe here, now that I find myself scrolling through this site more and more than the other one
we have fun and games, but it gets worse here every day

well, not really.

but yes, you should subscribe! I won't re-subscribe to that other place when the current subscription runs out in August.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollsorferrari? View Post
Chas, you sir, are a genius.
GuyIncognito is offline  
post #234 of 359 Old 06-23-2012, 02:18 AM Thread Starter
Owner
 
champagne612's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: St Louis
Ferrari Life Posts: 10,021
Quote:
Originally Posted by rollsorferrari? View Post
Finally I venture out of the Midwest section - don't mention not liking Mike Matheny to Doug,

Well, hi everyone.
Hello Scott

Good to see you out and about - a lil friendly sports talk here would be appreciated and or whatever you wish.

FF 16M Speciale
Lamborghini SV Roadster
Carrera GT GT3RS Viper ACR
Bentayga 69z28 Healey
champagne612 is offline  
post #235 of 359 Old 06-23-2012, 02:21 AM Thread Starter
Owner
 
champagne612's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: St Louis
Ferrari Life Posts: 10,021
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyIncognito View Post
we have fun and games, but it gets worse here every day

well, not really.

but yes, you should subscribe! I won't re-subscribe to that other place when the current subscription runs out in August.
Chas!


Craziness in a good way ... pretty sure your blood pressure will Thank You

FF 16M Speciale
Lamborghini SV Roadster
Carrera GT GT3RS Viper ACR
Bentayga 69z28 Healey
champagne612 is offline  
post #236 of 359 Old 06-23-2012, 07:23 AM
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: St. Louis
Ferrari Life Posts: 2,393
Quote:
Originally Posted by champagne612 View Post
Hello Scott

Good to see you out and about - a lil friendly sports talk here would be appreciated and or whatever you wish.
Time to start meeting everyone here I figure, hopefully I can find someone to back me up when you and I argue over things,

Plus, my goal is to within a year know just about everything there is to know about 308's,
rollsorferrari? is offline  
post #237 of 359 Old 06-23-2012, 08:57 AM
Administrator
Owner
Elite Member
 
Boxer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: UK & Texas
Ferrari Life Posts: 15,129
Did a charity track day today for the Childrens Trust. Did around a dozen rides/sessions in the F50.
Boxer is offline  
post #238 of 359 Old 06-23-2012, 10:23 AM
 
GuyIncognito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Ferrari Life Posts: 3,340
Quote:
Originally Posted by rollsorferrari? View Post
Time to start meeting everyone here I figure, hopefully I can find someone to back me up when you and I argue over things,

Plus, my goal is to within a year know just about everything there is to know about 308's,
I'll laugh my ass off if you buy a Ferrari before I do

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollsorferrari? View Post
Chas, you sir, are a genius.
GuyIncognito is offline  
post #239 of 359 Old 06-23-2012, 10:25 AM
 
GuyIncognito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Ferrari Life Posts: 3,340
Quote:
Originally Posted by champagne612 View Post
Chas!


Craziness in a good way ... pretty sure your blood pressure will Thank You
moral of the story: don't treat your best customers like shit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollsorferrari? View Post
Chas, you sir, are a genius.
GuyIncognito is offline  
post #240 of 359 Old 06-23-2012, 12:33 PM Thread Starter
Owner
 
champagne612's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: St Louis
Ferrari Life Posts: 10,021
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxer View Post
Did a charity track day today for the Childrens Trust. Did around a dozen rides/sessions in the F50.
That's awesome - heck I would be happy just to watch an F50 on a track.

FF 16M Speciale
Lamborghini SV Roadster
Carrera GT GT3RS Viper ACR
Bentayga 69z28 Healey
champagne612 is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome
Copyright 2012 ONE Media, Inc.
FerrariLife is independently run with no affiliation with Ferrari SpA
Ferrari for Sale | Maserati for Sale