Wish me Luck having knee surgery in 8hrs - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 Old 02-07-2011, 09:15 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,112
Garage
Wish me Luck having knee surgery in 8hrs

Back in May I destroyed my knee but good, cartilage ripped from the bone partial MCL tear and full ACL reattachment . getting all 3 at once and out of the way. $hitty thing is my knee feels great right now I can easily walk without a limp at all I have been even doing some leg crunches, not as heavy as I use to mind you but still 3 plates a side.

SO NOT LOOKING FORWARD TO THIS

Especially being on crutches again, recovery will be 8 weeks easy before I can put full weight on it again. I started back at the gym 2 months ago and finally back up in my weight and strength just to let it all slide away again .

One Good thing I finally get to play all my new PS3 games Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeees!!!!!!

So wish me luck, I might try and post some post OP drugged up dribble, might be fun
This was my knee one month after it happened
Attached Images

Night life........ain't a good life........but it's my life -- Willy Nelson
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 Old 02-07-2011, 10:08 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,392
I wish you a total and speedy recovery. These things s*ck but have to be done. Make sure you don't force things in rehab, you'll regret it if you do.

Just think of this: by the time you have recovered you will know the Nurburgring by heart. Or maybe how to kill aliens. Useful skills in any case.

Onno

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
post #3 of 22 Old 02-07-2011, 10:32 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 4,348
Best of luck. For the greater good in the long run I'm sure.

Ferrari's: 360 Modena, 550 Maranello
Ex's: Dino 308 GT4, 612 Scaglietti
The Rest: Rolls Royce Silver Shadow, Porsche 911 2.7s, Porsche 911 3.2 Carerra, Ducati 916... and the Land Rovers

post #4 of 22 Old 02-08-2011, 12:33 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,738
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry View Post
Best of luck. For the greater good in the long run I'm sure.
+1. No fun, but gotta have it taken care of good. w/ smiles Jimmy
post #5 of 22 Old 02-08-2011, 06:40 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,839
Keep a journal of it to include all your nastyest thoughts. It'll be fun to read.

Good luck Bro.

Lane

Previous owner of 348ts SS #64, Now Ferrariless
post #6 of 22 Old 02-08-2011, 08:45 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 473
All the best man - Draw funny faces on ur knees for the next photos, it helps recovery :-)

Current Ferrari owned: Red Scuderia
Past Ferrari's owned : 355, 360 stick, 360 F1, Challenge Stradale, 550 Marenello

www.ceoproject.com "The Science of CEO Effectiveness"
post #7 of 22 Old 02-08-2011, 09:22 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,193
are those both yours? They look too good

ask the surgeon if the scars can be made into a Cavallino.

Good luck on the results. All the persons I know who have had this done, had a long very long recovery and I hope you have a nice one. Let us know how the results are....

Guide to the Galaxy: Don't Panic
Rik -- LAH !

Current:
Past:
1990 Mondial T Cabriolet SN 86247 : Red/Tan
1995 456 GT 2+2 SN 99987 : Roso Metalizzato [Fer 311/C] & Tan
post #8 of 22 Old 02-08-2011, 09:47 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,028
Yikes! Best of luck. I suffered a small Miniscus (sp?) tear about six weeks ago and it really sucked. I am very glad it is healing itself with no surgery required.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery!

Colonel1961
- - - - - - - -
Current: 250 SLX, 8.2L (Sea Ray)
Former: 308 GTS QV; F355B; 360 Modena Spider F1; F430 F1 (2x); 550 Maranello; 599 GTB Fiorano F1; 612 Scaglietti
post #9 of 22 Old 02-08-2011, 03:52 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 9,567
good luck. i hope all goes well. had multiple fractures to my leg in a motorcycle accident and they had to go through my knee with the steel rod. was a long recovery. hope you have a short one. Leg injuries can be a bitch cause you can"t walk or drive. I used walking in a pool for the first week or two as therapy. worked great. a lot less "weight" on the knee.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #10 of 22 Old 02-08-2011, 05:28 PM
FBI
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 310
Best wishes for a speedy recovery Roberto! Im sure you`ll be driving Dolce by spring.

Cheers
post #11 of 22 Old 02-08-2011, 10:10 PM
Administrator
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 15,131
Good luck and speedy recovery.
post #12 of 22 Old 02-09-2011, 12:15 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,130
Thinking of you, hope all goes well.
post #13 of 22 Old 02-09-2011, 12:22 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Garage
WELL HOLY $HITE I MADE IT

Surgery went off without any problems, took 2 hrs instead of 3 . Don't remember a thing thank God, they were like "OK this will burn a bit going in but then you will fee........................................next thing I was woken up. Had some of the best sleep in a long time I loved it .

Only a few concerns like when the Surgeon comes in and puts his initials on my knee so he can't make a mistake . The other was strange lol everyone said you can leave your briefs on like the Surgeon, the head nurse, the anesthesiologist, the Porter etc... yet when I awoke no briefs to be found I suddenly thought OMG I must have peed myself ha ha ha but nope I found them in a bag beside my bed and no one could say why they might have been removed ????????????? I blame the Nurses, curse this killer body

After 4 hours of sleep they wanted me to try and get up on my crutches I tried but almost fell over I am 6ft weigh 212lbs and they had a woman trying to help me ??????????? ended up bending my knee, luckily I was able to catch the side of the bed and stop my fall.

Now here is a question for some of you that has had this procedure done. After arriving back home I started to do some foot stretches as recommended to keep blood flowing, I noticed that my leg was still numb as they froze it, but it is now 17hrs later and it's still numb??? on top of that I can bend slightly my leg at the knee down but absolutely can not lift it up it is like I am paralyzed and as hard as I try it wont lift at all, it is incredibly frustrating and unnerving. Is this normal? why can I move everything else but not straighten my leg out????? and why still frozen, how long should this last?? Opinions please

PS got to love T3's especially with beer yeeeee haaaaaa ha ha ha ha

post #14 of 22 Old 02-09-2011, 01:12 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 3,996
Great to hear ! Good recovery and take it eeeeeasy !
post #15 of 22 Old 02-09-2011, 04:43 AM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 9,567
your leg will naturally bend as the muscles contract. that is why they want you to move it around to keep the blood flowing and the muscle from staying that way. they have a problem with that when they put you in a cast and you can't move your foot. it will all shake out soon. just do the exercises religiously, even if it hurts a little. I'm sure they have you scheduled for some PT. Try the pool exercise. will speed things up.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #16 of 22 Old 02-09-2011, 07:38 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,392
Great news. Good luck and as people have said don't overdo it (but don't underdo it either).

Onno

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
post #17 of 22 Old 02-09-2011, 04:03 PM
Administrator
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,320
Glad to hear it went well.
post #18 of 22 Old 02-09-2011, 11:05 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by wetpet View Post
your leg will naturally bend as the muscles contract. that is why they want you to move it around to keep the blood flowing and the muscle from staying that way. they have a problem with that when they put you in a cast and you can't move your foot. it will all shake out soon. just do the exercises religiously, even if it hurts a little. I'm sure they have you scheduled for some PT. Try the pool exercise. will speed things up.

PHEW!!! All better today woke up leg still a little numb but much better and I could finally straighten it out a bit. Today it swelled like a balloon had to loosen my leg brace, my toes looked like sausages attached on a balloon, I lay on the couch most of the day leg way above my heart and swelling went way down thank God.

On a positive note the new Dead Space II game is wicked cool

Good suggestion with the pool unfortunately my pool wont be ready till May but I will definitely use it to exercise in.

Last edited by Night Life; 02-09-2011 at 11:13 PM.
post #19 of 22 Old 02-10-2011, 05:12 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 4,348
Good news Roberto. Take it easy...

Ferrari's: 360 Modena, 550 Maranello
Ex's: Dino 308 GT4, 612 Scaglietti
The Rest: Rolls Royce Silver Shadow, Porsche 911 2.7s, Porsche 911 3.2 Carerra, Ducati 916... and the Land Rovers
post #20 of 22 Old 02-10-2011, 06:02 PM
FBI
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 310
Glad to hear your feeling better Berto. So your briefs were off hey...was the nurse blushing when you saw her..hahaha

That reminds me when I had back surgery I woke to find a flippin catheter installed!!
I wasn't told about it till I pulled on the thing by accident ouch!!

Get better quick or we'll be looking for a paddle shifter for you.lol

Cheers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode