So I get a call for my Ferrari on sale - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 Old 10-13-2010, 08:25 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,112
Garage
So I get a call for my Ferrari on sale

Today I received a call from a potential buyer for my Ferrari, call came in private number (red flag 1). I answer and immediately ask where he is calling from he informed me from Vancouver, he then proceeded to ask about the car, these are the questions he asked.

Canadian or American car
Miles on car
Miles on rebuilt
Exterior condition
Interior condition Why I am selling
Tire condition
Brakes
Clutch
etc.......................

This went on for 10 min, I was thinking how thorough he was, then he informed me he represent a potential buyer. He is a loans officer for a lending company in Vancouver, the individual asking about my car was located in my city. He then informs me that the buyer would like to get together with me after they contact him stating that I was a serious seller. I asked what do you mean serious seller, he said that this person has been looking for a particular 348 Ferrari, he owned one once and wanted another (red flag 2). I informed him all was perfect and ready to go, have the buyer call me directly and I would be more than happy to answer any and all questions. He asked what day is good I informed him I am a very busy individual and just have the buyer call me directly and I will set up a time. He said that would be fine but I must make sure that the title of the car be signed over to his company when sale was made (red flag 3), his company would transfer monies over to my account or certified cheque when inspection from buyer was confirmed and accepted. I said I have no problem signing title over to whom ever as long as cheque clears or transfer comes through, he said of course no problem. I then asked when I could expect a phone call he said before that can happen his company needs a guarantee that this car is legit for sale and to prove my seriousness I had to deposit $500 into a holding account........DING DING DING DING DING. And there it was........
I said excuse me did you say you wanted me to deposit $500 to confirm that I am a serious seller I said are you serious, NO I WILL NOT DEPOSIT $500 IN ANY ACCOUNT click is all I heard......

So after all that it was a scam, as soon as I said no he hung up the phone lol. I wonder how many people this actually worked on, I mean you do this 10 times a month you are making pretty decent money.

The red flags were starting to add up, 1 the blocked call form a legit company, 2 there has never been another 348 owned in my City, 3 signing over the title only to the lending company this does not happen you would not be able to register the car.

I thought I would post this to warn people of this scam, not that any of you would be that stupid .

Night life........ain't a good life........but it's my life -- Willy Nelson
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 Old 10-13-2010, 09:50 PM
Administrator
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 15,131
Very good advise. Far too many of these around. When I put the Daytona up for sale I had one scammer that I traced via running his IP address to the Ivory Coast. When I asked him how he was going to get it shipped to West Africa........he not surprisingly disappeared.

Are you seriously considering selling the 348 ?
post #3 of 22 Old 10-14-2010, 03:31 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 4,348
Indeed Roberto - why you selling especially after all the work you had done on the car???

I have the Aston for sale in Ireland at present, and was receiving 2-3 e-mail scams per day until I pulled the ability for e-mail queries. Unbelievable what some people must fall for - every one of them wanted to pay me exactly what I was asking and some even more than the asking price. If only it was really that easy!

Ferrari's: 360 Modena, 550 Maranello
Ex's: Dino 308 GT4, 612 Scaglietti
The Rest: Rolls Royce Silver Shadow, Porsche 911 2.7s, Porsche 911 3.2 Carerra, Ducati 916... and the Land Rovers

post #4 of 22 Old 10-14-2010, 10:15 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxer View Post

Are you seriously considering selling the 348 ?
Well my man I still love my Dolce and drive her every chance I get but I have reached my driving ability with the 348 so regrettably but inevitably I must move up the super car line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry View Post
Indeed Roberto - why you selling especially after all the work you had done on the car???

!
I wish I could keep her and buy another but I can not unfortunately, only room for one super car at a time .

post #5 of 22 Old 10-14-2010, 10:53 PM
Administrator
Owner
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night Life View Post
Well my man I still love my Dolce and drive her every chance I get but I have reached my driving ability with the 348 so regrettably but inevitably I must move up the super car line.
An F40 really would suit you nicely
post #6 of 22 Old 10-15-2010, 08:26 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,354
Whenever I put an ad on Craigslist I now put a statement saying: "cash only, but if you want to send me a cashiers check for more than the asking price please make check payable to J. Edger Hoover" and I put the address of the FBI building.

With voip it doesn't cost them anything to try to scam and sometimes it works. I try to get them to mail me something to a phony address. I figure that costs them money and time. It seems a lot of these overseas scammers are extreme muslims that feel it is ok to rip steal from the infidels. Try and get them into a debate on religeon and the ones I have talked with get really upset.

Disclaimer: not making fun of all muslims, just the ones that think they are doing gods work by ripping off Americans.

------------------------------

Life is Good!

Last edited by KKRace; 10-15-2010 at 08:51 AM.
post #7 of 22 Old 10-15-2010, 08:31 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 123
After the 348 sells.....whats next??? Do tell?

"Monica" F430 Spider (Sexy Curvy & Italian)
post #8 of 22 Old 10-15-2010, 09:32 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 3,874
Roberto..... This is shocking...I'm gone for a couple months, I come back and your selling her. What are you looking to replace her spot in the stable with?

“ To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream; not only plan, but also believe.”-Anatole France
"Dude, it's just math"-Pete
post #9 of 22 Old 10-17-2010, 03:01 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty Joe View Post
After the 348 sells.....whats next??? Do tell?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrishawk4 View Post
Roberto..... This is shocking...I'm gone for a couple months, I come back and your selling her. What are you looking to replace her spot in the stable with?
First of all Chris always a pleasure having you on this forum, second to answer both you and Joe's question my car has to sell and it is the wrong time to sell in this soft market. That being said If (and I say if with the thought that I hope it does not sell) it does sell then my other choices are in no particular order.

Bently Continental GT
Ferrari 360 CS
Ferrari 360 Spider
Ferrari 355 GTB
Ferrari 550M
Ferrari 575M
Aston Martin Vanquish
Aston Martin Vantage
Lamborghini Gallardo
Lamborghini Diablo VT
Lamborghini Diablo VT Roadster

Again in no particular order

post #10 of 22 Old 10-18-2010, 07:48 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,990
NOOOOO....don't leave the 348 Brotherhood!!!!!!!!

The 550M.....sweet
tha Lambo's are nice too...

Never been a Aston Martin or Bently fan, they just dont do it for me. Dont know why but many people love them. I think it's because it just doesn't still my emotions when I look at them. Maybe if I drove one that would change but from first impression, they are not for me.

~

Mario

1990 348 TS (87284)

“I build cars for young men that only old men can afford” - Enzo Ferrari
post #11 of 22 Old 10-18-2010, 08:39 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,392
Hi Mario,

Do not buy a Vanquish, unless you can get it with a manual gearbox (very, very, very rare in that config though).

The cars on your list are very different from each other. If I were you, I would think about what I will use the car for and make a decision based on the best fit for me. For instance, my mate bought a Diablo VT while he was thinking about a 550 and that was the best decision for him. Personally, I would never own a Diablo as my only supercar, as I want to drive mine all over Europe. Diablos are not good for driving.

Onno

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
post #12 of 22 Old 10-18-2010, 11:07 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum6464 View Post
NOOOOO....don't leave the 348 Brotherhood!!!!!!!!

The 550M.....sweet
tha Lambo's are nice too...

Never been a Aston Martin or Bently fan, they just dont do it for me. Dont know why but many people love them. I think it's because it just doesn't still my emotions when I look at them. Maybe if I drove one that would change but from first impression, they are not for me.
~

Mario
Well the Bentley does 0-60 in 4 sec and tops out a 203mph incredible for a car that weighs 5000lbs

Aston Martin Roadster is voted the sexiest convertible in the world and when you see one you would agree .

post #13 of 22 Old 10-19-2010, 03:47 AM
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night Life View Post
Aston Martin Roadster is voted the sexiest convertible in the world and when you see one you would agree .
It would be if it wasn't driven by 20,000 bankers in Europe. You see them too often over here, almost always driven by the same type of City Boy. Plus all Astons look alike, it's very hard to tell the DB9, V8 and DBS apart. And it's underpowered with 380 bhp.

But if it was a car standing on its own, I would buy one in a heartbeat even if it's not the quickest. They are very pretty, and sound wonderful.

Onno

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
post #14 of 22 Old 10-19-2010, 05:32 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 9,567
post #15 of 22 Old 10-19-2010, 10:00 PM
Administrator
Owner
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyO View Post
It would be if it wasn't driven by 20,000 bankers in Europe. You see them too often over here, almost always driven by the same type of City Boy. Plus all Astons look alike, it's very hard to tell the DB9, V8 and DBS apart. And it's underpowered with 380 bhp.

But if it was a car standing on its own, I would buy one in a heartbeat even if it's not the quickest. They are very pretty, and sound wonderful.

Onno
+1, don't even notice Aston DB9s. V8s, DBSs around here. Jaguar XKRs are less common and Bentley Conti GTs are even worse. Every contractor seems to drive one.
post #16 of 22 Old 10-19-2010, 10:52 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,455
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxer View Post
+1, don't even notice Aston DB9s. V8s, DBSs around here. Jaguar XKRs are less common and Bentley Conti GTs are even worse. Every contractor seems to drive one.
+2

That's what volume and bad customer targeting do to a fine brand. In five years every kebab shop owner will be driving either the contractor's Bentley or the banker's Aston. No offence to the kebab shop owner, he's getting a bargain super car and he is the winner.

Sadly, Ferrari is going the same way by Ferrari California-badging a Maserati, aiming at too much total car volume and (unknowingly?) targeting the contractors' wives and the bankers' boyfriends. In ten years the Ferrari California will be driven by the kebab shop owner's wife, and you know what? She is the winner...

Capo

Salve,
Capo

The bad news: Time flies
The good news: I'm the pilot

You cannot make life longer but you can make it wider and higher.

Last edited by il Capolino; 10-19-2010 at 11:01 PM.
post #17 of 22 Old 10-19-2010, 11:12 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by wetpet View Post
VT Roadster? what are you, gay?
Don't you wish

post #18 of 22 Old 10-20-2010, 05:02 AM
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by il Capolino View Post
In ten years the Ferrari California will be driven by the kebab shop owner's wife, and you know what? She is the winner...
She'll get a divorce soon after and marry the much more desirable fish and chip shop owner across the street...

Onno

post #19 of 22 Old 10-20-2010, 07:38 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,455
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyO View Post
She'll get a divorce soon after and marry the much more desirable fish and chip shop owner across the street...

Onno
HeHe! I suppose she's into omega three after the fish and chips monger has provided his protein added sample of o'mega in the three:er, if you pardon the French.

Capo

Salve,
Capo

The bad news: Time flies
The good news: I'm the pilot

You cannot make life longer but you can make it wider and higher.
post #20 of 22 Old 10-21-2010, 11:01 AM
Administrator
Owner
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by il Capolino View Post
+2

That's what volume and bad customer targeting do to a fine brand. In five years every kebab shop owner will be driving either the contractor's Bentley or the banker's Aston. No offence to the kebab shop owner, he's getting a bargain super car and he is the winner.

Sadly, Ferrari is going the same way by Ferrari California-badging a Maserati, aiming at too much total car volume and (unknowingly?) targeting the contractors' wives and the bankers' boyfriends. In ten years the Ferrari California will be driven by the kebab shop owner's wife, and you know what? She is the winner...

Capo
So in the end it is the Ferrari Kebab, not Ferrari California.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode