Well I am off boys, see you in 12 days. - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 Old 08-25-2010, 09:03 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,112
Garage
Well I am off boys, see you in 12 days.

Tomorrow I embark on this http://www.zrauto.ca/race-base-challenge.php can't wait. It is a once in a lifetime experience especially legal and on a military runway. "I feel the need, the need for speed"

Following week I will be in Banff Alberta hitting all the twisty winding roads, then off to Calgary for my niece wedding.

Night life........ain't a good life........but it's my life -- Willy Nelson
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 08-25-2010, 09:31 PM
Administrator
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 15,131
post #3 of 14 Old 08-25-2010, 11:51 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,738
Didn't you just come back from Hawaii ??? ...Sorry,...have a great time. w/ smiles Jimmy

post #4 of 14 Old 09-07-2010, 11:53 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Garage
Here are some pics of my adventure at Race the Base

For two days 85 exotics and a few others raced down a tarmac intended only for fighter jets .

The run was 3.7km long, it is so long that you can not see the car reach the end due to the curvature of the earth. We were able to open up these cars like God intended for as long as possible till we reached the braking area. Everything was organized perfectly, as safe as one could make it. We had 6 professional instructors, one of them raced for Porsche for 20 yrs then moved to Ferrari he was so interesting to talk to. I learned how to maximize the 348 to it's potential and she performed incredible.

The first day Fri was just for us, we had briefings on what we could or could not do after all we were on a military base, in fact days prior they scrambled two F18 to intercept two Russian planes getting to close for comfort. After breakfast in the mess tent we hit the track, we were numbered #1 to #85 and that is the order of the run down the strip, I was # 66 and right behind me was another 348 #67 what were the odds .

The one trouble they did have which is very interesting because I for one thought they never worked was the laser jammers. Some of the other participants forgot to turn them off and they could not get good readings. So I stand corrected as I stated many times that they were bogus OK I ADMIT IT THEY WORK and we have real proof.

So my first run was to be easy one as I was on the shorter track by about 1000 feet, but my instructor felt confident in my listening abilities and driving so he allowed me to open her up. I reached 7500rpm just before breaking for sure hitting 270 but the bloody gun only read 245 . Mark the other 348 had similar results his speedo showing over 270 radar 245. In fact most of the other cars were showing at least 25kph low reading compared to gps and speedo readings. All day long we learned about the track, we also got to fire off military guns, go inside tanks, try on fatigues etc... all very cool. Later that night the small town had a car show for us with live bands and they held auctions for 85 lucky people to get a chance to race down the runway with us full speed.

The next day Sat was the real Races, it began at 6a.m for us as the races were to begin at 8a.m. There must have been at least 15000 people that showed up on a cold windy day and we did not disappoint them. As the day ended on Fri I was 2nd to start on Sat so I wanted to put on a good show and I opened her up, but again showing a speed of 245 but the gun seemed to be off all day by 25 so technically I was hitting 270 constantly as the car is intended every time, decent speeds and crowd loved it. We were able to pull around and hang with the audience for pictures and questions all very cool.

Rest of the day was speed after speed after speed runs, the Enzo Fxx hitting 357kph, Maserarti MC12 320kph, but it was a Ford GT with NAS that took it all hitting over 360kph . Unfortunately the Saleen ended up blowing up a turbo so we never got to see what it could do.

There is a bunch more that went on like a big Gala for charity, a show and shine for an injured vet and so much more that would make this way to long, so on that note.

OK OK OK enough chit chat here are pics. Oh ya I was pulled over on the way to Calgary by an enthusiast
Attached Images

post #5 of 14 Old 09-08-2010, 12:27 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,130
Sounds like an absolute blast! Good to hear that the 348 is running so well, 270km/h, that is quick man! Thanks for the terrific pictures-nice cars and gals.
post #6 of 14 Old 09-08-2010, 04:35 AM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 9,567
do you know what the diablo did. was it an se? supposed to be good for 200mph.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #7 of 14 Old 09-08-2010, 11:07 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by wetpet View Post
do you know what the diablo did. was it an se? supposed to be good for 200mph.
Do you mean SV? It hit 273kph so around 175mph but again these were times posted up that could be 20 to 25mph lower than actual speed.

post #8 of 14 Old 09-09-2010, 10:16 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 473
This looks like a lot of fun! - Except the last couple of pictures - Due u have a run in with the law? Looks like a ticket :-(

Current Ferrari owned: Red Scuderia
Past Ferrari's owned : 355, 360 stick, 360 F1, Challenge Stradale, 550 Marenello

www.ceoproject.com "The Science of CEO Effectiveness"
post #9 of 14 Old 09-09-2010, 03:13 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,884
very nice pictures, seems like a lot of fun!

the yellow Enzo and the MC12 show up at every event, nice to see those cars getting some miles

"When the going gets tough, the tough get going." - J. P. Kennedy
post #10 of 14 Old 09-09-2010, 03:42 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 123
Great Pic's....Thanks for sharing!
post #11 of 14 Old 09-09-2010, 09:11 PM
Administrator
Owner
Elite Member

What a great weekend.

Was the Saleen road legal?
post #12 of 14 Old 09-17-2010, 09:20 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxer View Post
What a great weekend.

Was the Saleen road legal?

Sorry for late response after Labour day here in Canada my club explodes with all new students with big fat wallets from student loans I luv the educational system, finally their money is going to a good cause

Yes Saleen street legal and Uber Uber fast it can beat the yellow Enzo fxx 1/4 mile. Unfortunately after it's second run one turbo blew up and how lol. Only problem with the Saleen always breaking down.

post #13 of 14 Old 09-17-2010, 11:27 PM
Administrator
Owner
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night Life View Post
Sorry for late response after Labour day here in Canada my club explodes with all new students with big fat wallets from student loans I luv the educational system, finally their money is going to a good cause

Yes Saleen street legal and Uber Uber fast it can beat the yellow Enzo fxx 1/4 mile. Unfortunately after it's second run one turbo blew up and how lol. Only problem with the Saleen always breaking down.
Ouch, think I will stay with the normally aspirated ground shaking Mosler.
post #14 of 14 Old 10-15-2010, 09:25 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 3,874
Great pictures Roberto, it looks like it was a blast.

To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream; not only plan, but also believe.-Anatole France
"Dude, it's just math"-Pete

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode