What happened to this section???? - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 33 Old 07-14-2010, 11:58 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,112
Garage
What happened to this section????

This use to be one of the most active section, ranging in countless of topic discussions about nonsense most of the time but always very entertaining. Not sure what it is but something is missing from it.

Night life........ain't a good life........but it's my life -- Willy Nelson
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 33 Old 07-15-2010, 04:21 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,839
to answer your question

Stile got married
Pete got divorsed
Archie got divorsed
Chris (graduated?)
You blew and engine
I got lazy (er)

I know...I miss it also

Lane

Previous owner of 348ts SS #64, Now Ferrariless
post #3 of 33 Old 07-15-2010, 05:21 AM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 5,509
We could always bring back the Barbie thread:
http://www.ferrarilife.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6209

I just reread that thread and then realized that my Barbie 328 is among the missing stuff. The ex-wife must have packed that up also when she moved out. She took my radio controlled F40 and my little 458 also. So I lost at least 3 Ferraris in the divorce.

Capt. Pete
'79 308 GTS, '82 Jeep CJ7 Jamboree
"Time is what prevents everything from happening all at once."

post #4 of 33 Old 07-15-2010, 05:30 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 4,348
Maybe we all got sense??

though I doubt it...

Ferrari's: 360 Modena, 550 Maranello
Ex's: Dino 308 GT4, 612 Scaglietti
The Rest: Rolls Royce Silver Shadow, Porsche 911 2.7s, Porsche 911 3.2 Carerra, Ducati 916... and the Land Rovers
post #5 of 33 Old 07-15-2010, 02:16 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,738
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry View Post
Maybe we all got sense??

though I doubt it...
That ...is highly improbable ??? w/ smiles Jimmy
post #6 of 33 Old 07-15-2010, 03:29 PM
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry View Post
Maybe we all got sense??
I'm figuring the divorsed guys got cents but not sense.

Lane

post #7 of 33 Old 07-16-2010, 12:02 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint Bastage View Post
to answer your question

Stile got married
Pete got divorsed
Archie got divorsed
Chris (graduated?)
You blew and engine
I got lazy (er)

I know...I miss it also
Well my engine is back, Lane stop being lazy, Pete Arch get over it , and Chris well you just keep doing what you're doing you have enough troubles

Quote:
I'm figuring the divorsed guys got cents but not sense.
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA

post #8 of 33 Old 07-17-2010, 09:16 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 594
Garage
I'm still posting nonsense when i get a chance.

Whatever happened to Bas to ?

"When I was a boy, I had a dream. It now sits in my garage".
www.maranellohouse.com
Lifetime Honorary President NI Italian Motor Club www.niimc.net
post #9 of 33 Old 07-18-2010, 02:19 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Garage
Ya what did happen to Bas? Last time I talked to him he asked if I had old license plates from my Province to send for his father. I had a set so I did ship it out, but have not heard anything back since .

post #10 of 33 Old 07-20-2010, 10:03 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,045
I don't think Chris has graduated yet. I think he has 1 year...maybe 2 before grad school?

Breck
post #11 of 33 Old 07-20-2010, 10:53 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,154
Maybe it is because the fagchat rejects have made a home here and Andrew provided us with the politics forum and we also posts stuff in the mid-atlantic region that historically were posts that were discussed here?
post #12 of 33 Old 07-20-2010, 11:07 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 465
Quote:
Originally Posted by redtrman View Post
Maybe it is because the fagchat rejects have made a home here and Andrew provided us with the politics forum and we also posts stuff in the mid-atlantic region that historically were posts that were discussed here?

Whether you are joking of not, I think you hit the nail on the head, unfortunately. (Although there is probably a more diplomatic way to say it.) This forum definitely lost something with those two occurrences.

Tony K.

1980 308 GTBi

Last edited by Tony K; 07-20-2010 at 11:31 AM.
post #13 of 33 Old 07-20-2010, 11:59 AM
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony K View Post
Whether you are joking of not, I think you hit the nail on the head, unfortunately. (Although there is probably a more diplomatic way to say it.) This forum definitely lost something with those two occurrences.
Of course I am joking with the language. Remember, I am considered one of those rejects!

Seriously, I think the substance of what I said may have been a cause for the posts to be diverted to a different forum. However, if you guys prefer that we posts in here, just let us know.
post #14 of 33 Old 07-20-2010, 12:34 PM
Owner

I mean no offense to anyone, but I think the political section has lowered the quality of the forum as a whole. Now that people have an outlet for political talk, fewer keystrokes are spent on more worthwhile discussion. Not everyone on here wants to talk about politics, and there are fewer posts in non-political areas because some are spending a lot of time over there. Those who don't take part in the political banter see much less action on the forum now.

It seems that there isn't much going on here any more outside of the political talk. If there is still the same amount of non-political discussion going on, it is overshadowed by the political stuff. When one logs in to check the forums and the highest concentration of new posts appears to be in the political section, that's how it makes it seem.

Tony K.

1980 308 GTBi

Last edited by Tony K; 07-20-2010 at 12:47 PM.
post #15 of 33 Old 07-20-2010, 12:37 PM
Owner

I mean, maybe it's just me, but this is a Ferrari forum. I visit a Ferrari forum for Ferrari discussion, not political opinions.

Tony K.

1980 308 GTBi

Last edited by Tony K; 07-20-2010 at 01:10 PM.
post #16 of 33 Old 07-20-2010, 01:15 PM
Owner

I know exactly what Tony is talking about. As much as I enjoy a spirited debate about the ramblings of the old cow (read Nancy Pelosi) there are many more times that those conversations bring me down. I hate the systematic destruction of the America that I was once willing to give my life for and preffer not to think about it so regularly.

Tony is reffering to the non threatening banter that was once a hallmark of a group of freinds here. Comedy and stress relief was the ONLY requirement. It was indeed our escape and spce for decompression. The drivers Lounge was exactly that...nothing more...nothing less.

Lane

post #17 of 33 Old 07-21-2010, 12:23 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Garage
Bingo

Quote:
I know exactly what Tony is talking about. As much as I enjoy a spirited debate about the ramblings of the old cow (read Nancy Pelosi) there are many more times that those conversations bring me down. I hate the systematic destruction of the America that I was once willing to give my life for and preffer not to think about it so regularly.

Tony is reffering to the non threatening banter that was once a hallmark of a group of freinds here. Comedy and stress relief was the ONLY requirement. It was indeed our escape and spce for decompression. The drivers Lounge was exactly that...nothing more...nothing less.

That is exactly why I posted this thread, something is missing, just does not seem as light hearted as it use to. As most of you I enjoy a good debate now and then but my life is stressful enough dealing with drunks every weekend. I enjoyed mindless chatter and miss the light hearted discussions that use to put a smile on my face.

To each his own I guess, my religious views are my own and political well???? I am Canadian so I could care less about US Politics, Peace

post #18 of 33 Old 07-21-2010, 02:41 AM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 5,509
Quote:
Hmmm, let's see, escape and space for decompression. Hey! Isn't that why we bought Ferraris? That's what the Ferrari is for. We have people that challenge us on our choice of cars and tell us how their (insert brand here) is way better. We don't get all mad, call them an idiot and engage in a heated round of "Oh yeah!?!" We just say, "Yours is a great car. Glad it makes you happy, this is what makes me happy." so in most of our Ferrari discussions everyone leaves happy. So coming to the website should give the same feeling. Share some knowledge, experience, stories and add to that a little harmless banter intended only to amuse. Great!

I liked it before when this section was almost purely non-automotive related and there were a lot of times I'd visit the site and only look at this section. I like any website that puts a smile on my face and joking around with fellow Ferrari fans kind of gives us a common ground.

I generally don't talk politics here because, unlike our other discussions when you can banter back and forth and everyone is happy, when you get into political discussions not everybody is going to leave happy. I didn't come here to get into an arguement. I've posted in the political section but mostly my posts are informative and not opinionated.

As for the politics section - I don't mind it being there at all. It keeps those posts from being in this section. It keeps all the heated discussions in one place that you can readily ignore. "For Ferrari-related discussion, please press 1. For mindless chatter, please press 2. If you'd like to have an argument, please press 3."

Reminds me when we were setting up my ship. The company only wanted one smoking area on a 560' ship. The bow. I was like, "Well, half the guys work aft. If you don't give them a place to smoke, you don't know where they are going to smoke." Same with the politics section here.

Capt. Pete
'79 308 GTS, '82 Jeep CJ7 Jamboree
"Time is what prevents everything from happening all at once."
post #19 of 33 Old 07-21-2010, 07:34 AM
Owner

OK, here we go, no politics. A great video documentary on the building of a dynasty:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...six-super-wins

This one is for you Dom!

Last edited by redtrman; 07-21-2010 at 07:40 AM.
post #20 of 33 Old 07-21-2010, 07:42 AM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 9,567
speaking of sports, i heard on sunday that when george steinbrenner got to heaven he fired god and told jesus to lose the beard.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode