GM Engines LS6 LS7 LS9? - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 06-24-2010, 10:43 PM Thread Starter
Administrator
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 15,131
GM Engines LS6 LS7 LS9?

Does anyone have any experience with the LS6. LS7, LS9 GM engines? Are they interchangable (i.e. can you easily swap out a LS6 for an LS9)? Reputation is they are pretty bulletproof but seem to be a bit low on bhp for the size.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 06-25-2010, 09:53 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,833
I am not up to speed on every GM engine designation but the LS 7 is one of the great engines currently. While you might judge it low on HP you must be making that judgement based on cubic inches. A car and a stop watch have no idea how many cubic inches are under the hood but for its phisical size, weight and dollar per HP I do not believe there is a single production motor than can beat it and I will include any Ferrari motor and the Veyron motor in that statement. Both are larger, and heavier and I seriously doubt either will ever see six figure mileage. Also the LS7 motor output can be doubled for less money than a major service on the Enzo.

Dont forget it won LeMans overall twice.
post #3 of 3 Old 06-26-2010, 01:33 AM Thread Starter
Administrator
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 15,131
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
I am not up to speed on every GM engine designation but the LS 7 is one of the great engines currently. While you might judge it low on HP you must be making that judgement based on cubic inches. A car and a stop watch have no idea how many cubic inches are under the hood but for its phisical size, weight and dollar per HP I do not believe there is a single production motor than can beat it and I will include any Ferrari motor and the Veyron motor in that statement. Both are larger, and heavier and I seriously doubt either will ever see six figure mileage. Also the LS7 motor output can be doubled for less money than a major service on the Enzo.

Dont forget it won LeMans overall twice.
Appreciate the insights and comments. Is there much difference between the LS 6 and LS 7? I have a friend who owns a car with the LS6 fitted and he is discussing replacing it with either an LS7 or addign a supercharger. Cost of doing either is not that different.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode