I'm no expert, but I can give you my thoughts from an owner & tinkerer point of view.
IMO, a positive displacement (Roots or twinscrew) type supercharger is much easier to fit than a turbo, on a Vee engine, because only the intake
side of the motor needs to be worked on (unless the exhaust becomes too restrictive "as a result of" the supercharger, and then needs to be enlarged). This situation tends to reverse itself on an inline motor, where both can be difficult to fit......
Turbos involve mods on both intake & exhaust, and it's often tough to find room for them and their piping. A PD supercharger in the Vee, quite often doesn't take up much more room than a stock intake system.
At the risk of being called out for generalising, superchargers (PD type) produce great low end torque, but turbo(s) produce better high end HP, because their parasitic losses are less (on a well designed system). The torque curve for a supercharged car is typically nice, flat, and fat. The torque curve for a turbo car rises with RPM & load. It's the flat, fat part that greatly increases the fun factor.
You'll lose from 8% to 10% of the gross HP driving the supercharger, but the boost is instantaneous (and very addictive), not like a turbo, which, depending on its sizing, may take awhile to spool up.
A well sized, PD type supercharger will truly make a smaller engine "feel" like its 1.5 to 2.0 times larger.
I have no experience with centrifugal superchargers, but IMO, they are little more than belt driven turbochargers.
Here's a vid of the last supercharged V8 we built:
This is a 4.0 liter, all aluminum, DOHC Lexus V8, to which we added a twinscrew supercharger and it made 498 BHP to the dyno @ 6900 with around 20 psi of supercharger boost. We kept blowing the exhaust off the motor, and the flames you see at the end of the run were the clue why we weren't making more power. On teardown, we "discovered" our cams had around 12 degrees more overlap (at the cams) than we thought, so we were afterburning a significant amount of methanol in the exhaust headers.
The next motor is nearly ready, and should do at least 600 if not 650 to the dyno, and hopefully, with less boost.