How do you make your millions? - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 Old 04-28-2010, 04:57 PM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 3
How do you make your millions?

Maybe I will get flamed for asking this on my very first post, but I am curious...What do you do that allows you to own your Ferrari? I obviously dont own one, but would like to gain the knowledge to make money, to maybe one day, have one.

Right now I am in school and I have no idea how people are making their millions, and I would like to know how to work hard and get my foot in the door.

Thanks in advance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 Old 04-28-2010, 09:10 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 460
I came into my first million at 22 yrs old - Found it stuffed in a burlap sack tucked in my Grandmother's closet. Invested it wisely with Goldman Sachs and the rest is history..
post #3 of 24 Old 04-28-2010, 11:23 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,112
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 285ferrari View Post
I came into my first million at 22 yrs old - Found it stuffed in a burlap sack tucked in my Grandmother's closet. Invested it wisely with Goldman Sachs and the rest is history..
Robbie you so crazy

Night life........ain't a good life........but it's my life -- Willy Nelson

post #4 of 24 Old 04-29-2010, 04:23 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by 285ferrari View Post

That was the same strategy I decided on, and everything has fallen into place aside from the contents of the burlap sack.
post #5 of 24 Old 04-29-2010, 04:47 AM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 9,567
Quote:
Originally Posted by bode View Post
Maybe I will get flamed for asking this on my very first post, but I am curious...What do you do that allows you to own your Ferrari?

Bend over and I'll show you.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #6 of 24 Old 04-29-2010, 09:09 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,193
Quote:
Originally Posted by bode View Post
Maybe I will get flamed for asking this on my very first post, but I am curious...What do you do that allows you to own your Ferrari? I obviously dont own one, but would like to gain the knowledge to make money, to maybe one day, have one.

Right now I am in school and I have no idea how people are making their millions, and I would like to know how to work hard and get my foot in the door.

Thanks in advance
A better approach for me would be to grill you about your logic, desires, or expectations.

Bode, on sites such as these you can expect the above humor, and I do find it funny, as your assumptions are perhaps too much.

1. IF a truly EXPENSIVE Ferrari[or insert any expensive object/lifestyle/etc. here] is your goal, AND Money is the key, then I would suggest you set your goal and work towards it. Period. IF that is your goal.

IF that is your definition of happiness then that's it.

Surprisingly, many here, are not rolling in the 'dough'. But they just worked towards their goal.

There is much more to life for me than an object such as a car/vehicle for instance. IF anything I own goes toast, I'll be just fine.

2. You did not specify what/which Ferrari, for instance, you would want. There are examples out there, for about the price of an old Model T. IF you wanted to learn how to repair, or restore, or make that car function for you: it is done all the time and many a person has more fun doing that than walking into a dealership and tossing their burlap sack-o-money on the desk.

3. IF you truly love the vehicle for a particular reason, style, history, power, speed, racing, show, bling whatever, then there is a model for you. It only fulfills your dream, for you.

So, you ask a difficult question. Don't know if that helps, but that, for me is the simple reply.

Guide to the Galaxy: Don't Panic
Rik -- LAH !

Current:
Past:
1990 Mondial T Cabriolet SN 86247 : Red/Tan
1995 456 GT 2+2 SN 99987 : Roso Metalizzato [Fer 311/C] & Tan
post #7 of 24 Old 04-29-2010, 09:11 AM
Owner

as for you other sickos, got my gazzzillions applying for loans with ACORN

opening a bank, and getting bailed out

Rik -- LAH !

Current:
Past:

Last edited by Granucci; 04-29-2010 at 09:16 AM.
post #8 of 24 Old 04-29-2010, 10:51 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,154
Make Millions? Yes, I make millions, millions in debt. Now can you advise on how to unmake my millions?
post #9 of 24 Old 04-29-2010, 11:43 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by wetpet View Post
Bend over and I'll show you.

post #10 of 24 Old 04-29-2010, 01:33 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 247
If you do something you like, you work harder at it, and that usually means you earn a decent living. Doing what you enjoy is a good goal, and sooner or later you can end up with enough dough for that Ferrari. Some here got their dough by shaking down those that they ticketed when working as cops, others earned their dough by defrauding the government, others made their money by pounding the crap out of anyone who disagreed with them, and some of them earned their money by hard work. Take your choice, figure out what you want, then figure out how you'll get the money to get it.

Art
post #11 of 24 Old 04-29-2010, 07:32 PM Thread Starter

well thanks for all the responses...

I personally like the testerossa, or the california. I have had a 97 m3, which I had way to much money into, for a car worth so little, that I used to track..but an 84 year old man totalled it, I currently drive an 03 audi a4, with a few things done to that as well, and am members of their forums as well. I like to work on cars, and its what I am good at. I have always been into them. Now im not set on owning a Ferrari, but I would like to have the money so that could be an option, which is why I joined this specific forum....If you can work hard, and have the dollars to buy one, why can't I? I was just wondering what you do for a living, and how you got there, I am guessing you all are fairly well off....but if your finding money in burlap sacks, or millions in debt...I might as well go back to the BMW and Audi forums and keep wondering.
post #12 of 24 Old 04-29-2010, 08:10 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,008
Hey Bode, welcome to Ferrari Life!

Since you like cars and you're young, consider spending money on an old car that has depreciated, but one that you think will be collectible in the future. Then, hang on to it and watch it go up in value. Keep the daily driver. That's a good start at your age.

post #13 of 24 Old 04-30-2010, 03:26 AM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,196
Bode, I'm a very new member here also, and since this is a rather sensitive topic, I'm guessing many decided to try and inject some humor rather than disclosing their secrets.

One thing I'll share with you (and I'm definitely not sitting on several mil from Grandma's closet) is that unless you're a doctor, lawyer, drug dealer, politician, movie star, or in a similar profession...... it's going to be tough to build any wealth if you're salaried and working for someone else.

I'm an engineer, and didn't begin to become financially independent until I quit working in the USA 18 years ago and began working internationally. Although many of the advantages and tax loopholes of working overseas have been reduced or eliminated, it's still a very attractive way to enhance your CV and build wealth. I would strongly recommend you consider this, as well as acquiring a foreign language or two.

I recommend this to all young, hardworking people who are only making enough in a salaried job to scrape by from month to month.

The other side of the coin is managing what you make, and I'm a dinosaur when it comes to money management. I'm from a generation where credit cards didn't yet exist, and I strongly believe we'd be better off today (as a society and a nation) if they still didn't. I don't believe in leveraging my situation at all, and I usually try to hold off buying anything until I can pay cash for it. This isn't practical, of course, for some things like a house or a new car, but the idea is not to work yourself to death servicing your debt, and just be honest with yourself about what you can really afford.

'99 550, Rosso Corsa / Nero, S/N:114654, Assy: 31836, Engine: 52084

High mileage, low compression, and missing on a few cylinders.....just like my cars.

Maranello Skunkworks Team Member
post #14 of 24 Old 04-30-2010, 09:49 AM
Owner

Bode: Neonzapper has a good response. MANY like to work on their own cars. You can find alternatives to the OEM parts, but you must do your research very well, such as do not listen to every Internet-'expert' [especially me, and I don't claim to be an expert...just interested to learn].

Like neon says, there are cars out there [from wrecks to depreciated] that can be had especially for a track car, and if you care to tune it: Go for it. You don't have to keep it stock or answer to some Ferrari-Pope on a throne in Italy. EVEN The high priced oldies were so modified, changed over time that the debates on 'stuff' becomes the endless debate.

You can modify the internals to the engine too. If you don't mind banging it up on the track then I say, good for you. Have seen many a variety of Ferraris have that happen. It's a cringe and ooooohaaaaaa moment.

You sound like you are truly a car nut, so, welcome.

PS: As for what cribbj said: I not only endorse his stance, but feel you'll find many here enjoy items like these becuase most are more 'worldly' in thier views and life due to such exact experiences as he states. [with the exception of a certain pet: there are exceptions to the rule]

Rik -- LAH !

Current:
Past:
post #15 of 24 Old 04-30-2010, 11:17 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,154
Don't tread on our Pet! Thems fueden words.
post #16 of 24 Old 04-30-2010, 01:52 PM
Owner

reprocussions

Quote:
Originally Posted by redtrman View Post
Don't tread on our Pet! Thems fueden words.

somehow I just knew that was going to cause problems

Rik -- LAH !

Current:
Past:
post #17 of 24 Old 04-30-2010, 02:21 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,392
I gave up my dream of ever owning a Ferrari.

And then it happened.

Just work hard, try to be good at what you do, and spend your money wisely. If there is still some left, then buy a Ferrari if that is your passion. But remember, what you want now is (maybe) not what you want in 5, 10, 15, 40 years' time.

Onno

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
post #18 of 24 Old 04-30-2010, 02:58 PM
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyO View Post
I gave up my dream of ever owning a Ferrari.

And then it happened.

Just work hard, try to be good at what you do, and spend your money wisely. If there is still some left, then buy a Ferrari if that is your passion. But remember, what you want now is (maybe) not what you want in 5, 10, 15, 40 years' time.

Onno

and the newer models in 40 years time will be NOTHING like current era, which might change everyone's mind and make the old timers, like our, the keeps.

Rik -- LAH !

Current:
Past:
post #19 of 24 Old 04-30-2010, 03:48 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 3,627
Any material item should only be a result and not a goal.

Education is a goal and should be the primary one. Get that and most anything else will follow.
post #20 of 24 Old 04-30-2010, 10:50 PM Thread Starter

Thank you for all the helpfull responses! I currently also own a 1966 Mustang, one owner, all original, 50k miles. I don't really have room for another car at my house, but just thinking ahead in my life. I didn't think working overseas was to practical, but its good advice and I can consider it, seems like a good idea. I am finnishing up school now, I couldn't get into an engineering school around here (there is only one in the state) so I am taking buisness classes, taking another route, and maybe owning a performance shop or something is a good way to go? Car stuff kinda comes natural to me, and I never stop learning. A professional race car driver would be nice, but I wouldn't even know where to begin.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode