Poor Thailand... - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 Old 04-10-2010, 08:10 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 300
Poor Thailand...

It has been going on for quiet sometimes now with the situation in Thailand, i'm sure some of you have been there and is a nice friendly place, but thanks to the ex-premier Thaksin now Thailand is a mess! Thai government have ruled Thaksin will lose 60% of his fortune for alleged corruption a wooping
1.4 billion, These poor Red shirt army uneducated farmers have been used by Thaksin over and over. Yes when Thaksin was in office he did help these poor farmers but what they didn't know was that Thaksin was a corrupted scum and now he wants revenge by using these poor farmers to do the dirty work for him... poor Thailand!

Cheers
D
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 04-10-2010, 10:32 PM
Administrator
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 15,131
It really is a sad situation in Thailand and these farmers are being completely used by Thaksin to create instability. One of the major issues is the King is old and not in good health. In his younger days, he would have stepped in by now and calmed situation back down. I fear there will be another major confrontation before things get resolved.
post #3 of 15 Old 04-11-2010, 12:35 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,738
Overall, the picture is a bit grim there. Several people were shot/killed, including a Japanese cameraman who was filming the riot. My uderstanding is that these protesters/rioters are being paid to do it.
How sad it is to see such ubiquitous scenarios where a handful decide the fate of the mass. As for the key man, how else would or can one make such vast fortune. Certainly is a time of turmoil. Jimmy

post #4 of 15 Old 04-11-2010, 03:28 AM Thread Starter
Owner

For the pass 15 years the first thing i do when i get up in the morning is to read the Wall street journal and then the local financial papers can't complain is part of my job and it has given me a wonderful life so far. Sadly I have notice the world we live in today is just a mess, earthquakes after earthquakes any natural disasters anyone could think of happens everyday just around the corner, wars after wars and to put the icing on the cake a financial crisis is still a red hot topic at the moment, here is my question to you all what do you tell your kids about the world we live in today? It must be a tough job been a parent nowadays!

D
post #5 of 15 Old 04-11-2010, 03:50 AM
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Lee View Post
For the pass 15 years the first thing i do when i get up in the morning is to read the Wall street journal and then the local financial papers can't complain is part of my job and it has given me a wonderful life so far. Sadly I have notice the world we live in today is just a mess, earthquakes after earthquakes any natural disasters anyone could think of happens everyday just around the corner, wars after wars and to put the icing on the cake a financial crisis is still a red hot topic at the moment, here is my question to you all what do you tell your kids about the world we live in today? It must be a tough job been a parent nowadays!

D
Are you okay, David ? Maybe you are overworked and fatigued, entering a midlife crisis syndrome ? ( I am immersed in it). Things you mentioned are nothing new. These things happened before, over and over. As for your question, I don't think I can convey my thinking in a paragraph or two. w/ smiles Jimmy
post #6 of 15 Old 04-11-2010, 05:24 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Mid life crisis at 37 really? haha thats what i've been telling my miss lately is time for me to buy a Aston martin, well when you work in finance in HK Jimmy you're always over worked and stress, you are right nothing we haven't seen before, but is just these pass few years especially more drama than ever. so much for world peace bla bla bla.....

Cheers
D
post #7 of 15 Old 04-11-2010, 01:15 PM
Owner

Quote:
Mid life crisis at 37 really? haha thats what i've been telling my miss lately is time for me to buy a Aston martin, well when you work in finance in HK Jimmy you're always over worked and stress, you are right nothing we haven't seen before, but is just these pass few years especially more drama than ever. so much for world peace bla bla bla.....

Cheers
D
The positive side may be financial reward, but then, the tension and stress ought to be immense. Hong Kong must be one of the hotbed in finance and you are right in the midst of it. AM might do you good, especially that Hong Kong was a British colony before. w/ smiles Jimmy
post #8 of 15 Old 04-11-2010, 06:20 PM Thread Starter
Owner

I have an idea why don't we suggest this to Andrew and Boxer can help chip in on this one why don't we change the name F Life to MID Life, we can have threads like this:

Thread 1. Life begins at 40
Thread 2. Life begins at 50
Thread 3. Life begins at 60
Thread 4. Lossing hair?
Thread 5. Is too much beer a bad thing?
Thread 6. Bloody wife yelling at me again!
Thread 7. Bloody kids
Thread 8. Old member intro
Thread 9. Ferrari
Thread 10. Special deals on old granny homes and get aways.
Elite members lounge. 80 or above.

If ok Boxer can you submit this to Andrew?

how you like that Jimmy?

Cheers
D
post #9 of 15 Old 04-12-2010, 12:03 AM
Administrator
Owner
Elite Member

Quote:
I have an idea why don't we suggest this to Andrew and Boxer can help chip in on this one why don't we change the name F Life to MID Life, we can have threads like this:

Thread 4. Lossing hair?
Thread 7. Bloody kids
Thread 9. Ferrari

how you like that Jimmy?

Cheers
D
Please go ahead.
post #10 of 15 Old 04-12-2010, 10:18 AM
Administrator
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,320
Quote:

Thread 4. Lossing hair?
Thread 7. Bloody kids
Thread 9. Ferrari

how you like that Jimmy?

Cheers
D
LOL,

I think we'll make those changes when I too hit my mid-life crisis
post #11 of 15 Old 04-21-2010, 08:55 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 5
Hey its really a sad situation to know.Here government should help the farmer.Government should take some serious action for the benefit of the farmers.
post #12 of 15 Old 04-22-2010, 06:39 AM
Administrator
Owner
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy24 View Post
Hey its really a sad situation to know.Here government should help the farmer.Government should take some serious action for the benefit of the farmers.
Most of the "farmers" are being paid to protest against the government by agents of a former Prime Minister who jumped bail and fled the country rather than face corruption charges.
post #13 of 15 Old 04-22-2010, 09:33 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,193
^ and, he's trying to negotiate him and family a means to keep it and no prosecution: Good luck on that.

Guide to the Galaxy: Don't Panic
Rik -- LAH !

Current:
Past:
1990 Mondial T Cabriolet SN 86247 : Red/Tan
1995 456 GT 2+2 SN 99987 : Roso Metalizzato [Fer 311/C] & Tan
post #14 of 15 Old 04-22-2010, 12:41 PM
Owner

Everytime I see similar situations, cannot help but conclude that religious beliefs and reality are different matters. w/ smiles Jimmy
post #15 of 15 Old 04-23-2010, 12:07 AM
Administrator
Owner
Elite Member

This is a raw nasty power struggle for who is going to control Thailand after the current King dies.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode