5,000 posts - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 Old 03-23-2010, 09:06 PM Thread Starter
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 5,509
5,000 posts

A friend recommended this site to me when I bought my Ferrari in 2002. I've been a member of this site for 8 years now and I've had a lot of enjoyment out of it and made a lot of good friends. I celebrated my marriage on this site and I also celebrated my divorce on this site. I became a ship Captain while I was a member of this site and you guys were there to give me a hearty, "Well Done!" There are things in my life that are way better now than they were before and I've also had some setbacks. We all do. We're all just out there trying to do the best we can. FerrariLife has always been a place for me where I can enjoy some lighthearted discussion or just vent when I want to with people who won't get all bent out of shape if I say something wrong.

I'm celebrating my 5,000th post with a whiskey right now. Gentlemen, I raise my glass to you.

Capt. Pete
'79 308 GTS, '82 Jeep CJ7 Jamboree
"Time is what prevents everything from happening all at once."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 Old 03-23-2010, 10:11 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,738
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete04222 View Post
A friend recommended this site to me when I bought my Ferrari in 2002. I've been a member of this site for 8 years now and I've had a lot of enjoyment out of it and made a lot of good friends. I celebrated my marriage on this site and I also celebrated my divorce on this site. I became a ship Captain while I was a member of this site and you guys were there to give me a hearty, "Well Done!" There are things in my life that are way better now than they were before and I've also had some setbacks. We all do. We're all just out there trying to do the best we can. FerrariLife has always been a place for me where I can enjoy some lighthearted discussion or just vent when I want to with people who won't get all bent out of shape if I say something wrong.

I'm celebrating my 5,000th post with a whiskey right now. Gentlemen, I raise my glass to you.
A big hearty congrats, Pete. I am all for your stance and outlook toward things. Wish you more happiness to come. You are one of the reasons that make this FL what it is, Pete. w/ smiles Jimmy
post #3 of 20 Old 03-23-2010, 10:41 PM
Administrator
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 15,131
Quote:

Pete, Congratulations and cheers. To 5000 more.

post #4 of 20 Old 03-23-2010, 11:38 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,392
Pete, always enjoy your contributions. 5,000 posts of adding value to the site - well done, hope the whisky/key was nice! Had a nice 18 YO Glenlivet yesterday here in the Ivory Coast (thanks Coen!), myself.

Onno

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
post #5 of 20 Old 03-23-2010, 11:57 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,112
Garage
Pete you are the essence of Ferrari Life

Happy 5000 buddy one whiskey down 4999 to go

Night life........ain't a good life........but it's my life -- Willy Nelson
post #6 of 20 Old 03-24-2010, 02:00 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 4,348
Congrats pete. As a blow in I was proud of my 500, just a decimal point away from your achievement...

Ferrari's: 360 Modena, 550 Maranello
Ex's: Dino 308 GT4, 612 Scaglietti
The Rest: Rolls Royce Silver Shadow, Porsche 911 2.7s, Porsche 911 3.2 Carerra, Ducati 916... and the Land Rovers
post #7 of 20 Old 03-24-2010, 02:03 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,193
[email protected]$+d
and
congrats

Guide to the Galaxy: Don't Panic
Rik -- LAH !

Current:
Past:
1990 Mondial T Cabriolet SN 86247 : Red/Tan
1995 456 GT 2+2 SN 99987 : Roso Metalizzato [Fer 311/C] & Tan
post #8 of 20 Old 03-24-2010, 06:35 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 3,874
Congratulations Pete! Although I haven't been here for all 5,000 posts, I've enjoyed the thousands that I've read. Here's to the next 5,000!

To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream; not only plan, but also believe.-Anatole France
"Dude, it's just math"-Pete
post #9 of 20 Old 03-24-2010, 08:13 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 300
Congrates Pete i am right behind you, only need 4,745 more post won't be long now.

Cheers
D
post #10 of 20 Old 03-24-2010, 08:29 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 3,627
He actually had a special deal with Andrew.

He really has only 2,500 posts, but Andrew doubled the count each post to make Pete look good!!!
post #11 of 20 Old 03-24-2010, 09:38 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 300
Should we report this to the police? This could be serious!

Cheers
D
post #12 of 20 Old 03-24-2010, 10:37 PM Thread Starter
Owner
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Lee View Post
Should we report this to the police? This could be serious!
David, very little of what I do is serious. And before you worry about involving the police, Don't worry, the ex-wife has taken care of that. The police are already involved. This is a woman that wants me out of her life but she just won't go away. She had me removed from my own house that I pay for, got a court order for me to give her money because she couldn't afford to live there and then she had a garage sale selling off my stuff out of my own garage! Now I have to go to court because I was a week late with her support payment back in December of last year. She actually got her money 2 days before she filed the claim but she didn't cash the check until Jan 6th. I asked her to drop it but she won't. She wants to drag me into court.

I'm making sure that if my next wife decides she doesn't want to be with me anymore then she gets deported and leaves with a suitcase instead of an 18-wheeler.

Capt. Pete
post #13 of 20 Old 03-25-2010, 12:08 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 3,928
Congrats Pete, I've enjoyed responding to your posts and threads over the years, not to mention our little meeting in Singapore last year. Any idea how many of your posts are in the Driver's Lounge? I'd guess at about 4995

Archie
post #14 of 20 Old 03-25-2010, 02:00 AM Thread Starter
Owner
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by archiegibbs View Post
Congrats Pete, I've enjoyed responding to your posts and threads over the years, not to mention our little meeting in Singapore last year. Any idea how many of your posts are in the Driver's Lounge? I'd guess at about 4995
Archie, That's probably right. You know, I really don't care about Ferrari's that much anymore. I think you and I have the same attitude about having been there and done that. Time to do something different now. I think I am going to sell my 308 and use the cash to buy the best snowmobile money can buy and run it through Canada with my little Chinese girlfriend.

Capt. Pete
post #15 of 20 Old 03-25-2010, 05:04 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 3,928
Quote:
Archie, That's probably right. You know, I really don't care about Ferrari's that much anymore. I think you and I have the same attitude about having been there and done that. Time to do something different now. I think I am going to sell my 308 and use the cash to buy the best snowmobile money can buy and run it through Canada with my little Chinese girlfriend.
We'll probably need that snowmobile on our trip to Ulan Bator

Archie
post #16 of 20 Old 03-25-2010, 05:43 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 3,874
Quote:
I'll buy a snowmobile and we'll trade

To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream; not only plan, but also believe.-Anatole France
"Dude, it's just math"-Pete
post #17 of 20 Old 03-27-2010, 12:21 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 5
Hey its interesting to know.I want to congratulate you for this wonderful information.Its really interesting to know.I think its time to celebrate this highest counting.We all should celebrate it.

www.maseratilife.com
post #18 of 20 Old 03-27-2010, 01:58 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 97
Capt Pete-
Congrats and a very huge thank you from a guy who stumbled onto this site and was welcomed by you. I always look for your posts and wish you the best. Thanks again for your help and if I may ever return the favor you have only to yell, Bill Ward.
post #19 of 20 Old 03-27-2010, 07:23 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,028
Cheers to you and a fine forum...

Colonel1961
- - - - - - - -
Current: 250 SLX, 8.2L (Sea Ray)
Former: 308 GTS QV; F355B; 360 Modena Spider F1; F430 F1 (2x); 550 Maranello; 599 GTB Fiorano F1; 612 Scaglietti
post #20 of 20 Old 03-27-2010, 09:07 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 460
Congrats

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode