LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 02-13-2010, 03:43 PM Thread Starter
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 9,567
The great "climate change" debate

I'll start off.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/environmen...mate-alarmists

might be moving to utah. Great skiing, you can have more than wife and they get the "climate change" religion/tax.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 02-14-2010, 10:01 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,154
I still find it amazing that the media continues to print that there is a disagreement over climate change. The climate has been changing and will continue to change until the earth disappears in millions of years. There is no disagreement over our climate changing as any person that thinks the earth's climate is supposed to be static is an idiot. The disagreement is over whether warming temperatures are an issue and whether human activitiy is a cause of such warming and changing our behaviours will have an impact.

People have to realize the politics behind the media's scheme on word playing as they realized that global warming came across unscientific, a little extreme and not believable to the masses so now they use the term climate change to make it sound more scientific and believable to the masses. I just laugh as I state above that of course the climate is changing because it never has been and never will be static. A duck is a duck no matter what you call it.
post #3 of 4 Old 02-14-2010, 11:38 AM
Administrator
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,320
Quote:
Originally Posted by redtrman View Post
The disagreement is over whether warming temperatures are an issue and whether human activitiy is a cause of such warming and changing our behaviours will have an impact.
Correct, and I don't think either side can say one way or the other who is 100% correct. There is data that does suggest we are helping to accelerate the process of warming. There is data that suggest we cannot possibly make an impact on something as complicated as the world's climate.

Regardless, I prefer to hedge against risk. The consequences of a significant increase in global average temperatures is also not certain. Maybe it won't be so bad.

However, I am certain what life is like now with our current climate and enjoy it the way it is. Therefore I'm going to reduce the risk that I might be a part of the problem regardless of what the media or scientist say. It is very logical that we have some kind of impact on the environment we live in, positive or negative, no one knows for certain but a little common sense can generally guide us. No one had problems eliminating CFCs once it was proven the Ozone layer had a hole in it as a result. Since this is the only home I have, I'll do my best to make as minimal an impact as I can.

post #4 of 4 Old 02-14-2010, 02:06 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,154
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
No one had problems eliminating CFCs once it was proven the Ozone layer had a hole in it as a result.
I do not want to bust your bubble, but that is not a proven fact, it was demonstrated in a lab experiment, not in the atmosphere. There is research on the issue recently that has questioned this position from 70's. You can do your own research, but the ozone had the largest increase recorded, I think it was 2006, despite the significant reduction of cfc's. NASA admits this, but their position is that the cfc's hang around for many decades and that they expect the ozone to eventually decrease over the next century. Thus, we will not be alive to see if the theory holds.

http://www.nasa.gov/vision/earth/loo...ne_record.html

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode