American Hot Rod TV series - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 02-05-2010, 03:03 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 594
Garage
American Hot Rod TV series

I'm sure this is old hat for you guys in the US but only recently a new channel on UK TV started running the TV series, which I now never miss.

I should say from the start that I'm not being rude or knocking American cars, more my ignorance from having never really seen any over here that appealed, so I never thought they were up to much and apart from the 50's Chevy pickup's nothing ever grabbed my attention. I'm sure some of feel the same when you see our little tiny cars.

Anyway back to the plot.
Being a car person and into customising when I was younger I had obviously heard of Boyd Coddington and over the years I formed this image in my head that he was an American icon who was a perfectionist and made amazing cars. He was a bit of a hero but someone I knew nothing about.

So I was over the moon when the TV series came on.

Oh how my perceptions changed when I actually seen how the cars come together with some of the workforce he had, the amount of bitching and the turnover of staff. It's a bit of a joke. How do they ever get things done. What a shock! I know it's a kind of fly on the wall series but I got to thinking the TV wasn't doing him any favours.
This was getting to me a bit so I decided I was going to email him, I'd no idea were I thought I was going with pointing this out so onto google to get his email, He'd only went and died in 2007! I thought he was still going strong. "I'm only on series 4, and there's a series 5 to go". I was gutted. He was a man I actually wanted to visit and meet.

I'm now watching the series with sadness and a new found respect as I'm watching his last cars being built. The end of an era.

Weirdly from watching all the cars that has passed his door I now find myself looking at old American cars with a twinkle in my eye thinking what I could turn one into, A 'Maranello Housester instead of a Boydster'.
2 problems there though, there's still no nice ones overhere to buy and it would be way to costly to bring one over from the US.

The one I'd love to most would be one of these

Maybe when I get the Lancia and 308/TR finished I'll buy one and do it up in Candy apple red with pearl affect, billet wheels, tan leather interior by 'Gabe' and fit it with an Alfa or Lancia V6 engine to keep the Italian theme. I've even found one in Yukka Valley near Palm Springs.

"Oh well".

"When I was a boy, I had a dream. It now sits in my garage".
www.maranellohouse.com
Lifetime Honorary President NI Italian Motor Club www.niimc.net
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 02-05-2010, 09:55 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,193
You should be able to pull that truck off in your sleep. Not much there to worry about.

BTW: How the He$$ do you imbed text between your pictures: inquiring minds want to know

Guide to the Galaxy: Don't Panic
Rik -- LAH !

Current:
Past:
1990 Mondial T Cabriolet SN 86247 : Red/Tan
1995 456 GT 2+2 SN 99987 : Roso Metalizzato [Fer 311/C] & Tan
post #3 of 4 Old 02-05-2010, 10:50 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 594
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Granucci View Post
You should be able to pull that truck off in your sleep. Not much there to worry about.

BTW: How the He$$ do you imbed text between your pictures: inquiring minds want to know
I know but it'll only be in my sleep as it's so far away.

All you do with the text is when you add the photo's text move it down a line like taking a new paragraph and text in the line you missed out as normal. That doesn't explain it very well.

photo

space (add text here)

photo

"When I was a boy, I had a dream. It now sits in my garage".
www.maranellohouse.com
Lifetime Honorary President NI Italian Motor Club www.niimc.net

post #4 of 4 Old 02-05-2010, 11:46 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,193
Quote:
Originally Posted by ENZ9_1 View Post
I know but it'll only be in my sleep as it's so far away.

All you do with the text is when you add the photo's text move it down a line like taking a new paragraph and text in the line you missed out as normal. That doesn't explain it very well.

photo

space (add text here)

photo
great, thanks....can't wait to mess with that.

hope you find a donner truck soon: I am VERY partial to the mid 30s-39 Trucks. Those were the great years in terms of grills, lights, and lines. Not to mention engines I understood.

Guide to the Galaxy: Don't Panic
Rik -- LAH !

Current:
Past:
1990 Mondial T Cabriolet SN 86247 : Red/Tan
1995 456 GT 2+2 SN 99987 : Roso Metalizzato [Fer 311/C] & Tan

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode